Rune's Slightly Used Vehicles

Rune

I'd love to see this made with B9 :D

http://i.imgur.com/XZB0VPr.png

Hey! I already made that ship. :)

No, really. I submitted it to you.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Erm... is it because I didn't update it? :P

Rune, I can give you an updated bare bones version for you to modify. The end of the two armored-slopes has to be fiddled with a bit to prevent missiles collisions, though.

It survived 4 SRB strikes with only superficial damage. XD

Edited by andrew123

I guess I just didn't recognize it because of the colour. I'd love to see you make the Spirit of Fire, have you done that too?

http://i.imgur.com/qfa5Do3.png

I was, but the game back in 0.20 made my prototype flop around. Since they made structures more rigid, I could give it another go. :) (But I have a mountain of homework.)

You should check out Overfloater (youtube.com/MrOverfloater) if you already haven't. He's got some ridiculously cool stock cargo SSTOs that go to Laythe or Duna without refueling. He uses a really weird design, so you may wanna look at that for some ideas whenever you get stumped. Also, watching 40 tons being delivered to Duna with no refueling is pretty awesome if you ask me.

You should check out Overfloater (youtube.com/MrOverfloater) if you already haven't. He's got some ridiculously cool stock cargo SSTOs that go to Laythe or Duna without refueling. He uses a really weird design, so you may wanna look at that for some ideas whenever you get stumped. Also, watching 40 tons being delivered to Duna with no refueling is pretty awesome if you ask me.

Oh, I know of him. In fact, he reminded me of pa1983 when he joined the forums, another forumite that also liked his SSTOs being really big. But frankly, don't ever expect to see anything bigger than the Nodachi in this thread, because the part count of those monsters is huge, and I'd much rather fly twice than flying at half speed because of lag, it bores me to no end. Of course IMHO, YMMV, and all that, but my build style is much more about clean aesthetics with a very limited part count than about putting an orange tank in Laythe through airhogging and turbojet/NERVA combos.

Besides, I love me some orbital assembly work! And that way my deep space rockets look like deep space rockets, and not planes that got their operating environment wrong. More efficient, more complex, more rewarding for me, so that's why I do it that way. But you are welcome to try your own! (And to google for other threads by pa1983 like this one).

Rune. You underestimate the time I've been building on the forum ;)

Oh, I know of him. In fact, he reminded me of pa1983 when he joined the forums, another forumite that also liked his SSTOs being really big. But frankly, don't ever expect to see anything bigger than the Nodachi in this thread, because the part count of those monsters is huge, and I'd much rather fly twice than flying at half speed because of lag, it bores me to no end. Of course IMHO, YMMV, and all that, but my build style is much more about clean aesthetics with a very limited part count than about putting an orange tank in Laythe through airhogging and turbojet/NERVA combos.

Besides, I love me some orbital assembly work! And that way my deep space rockets look like deep space rockets, and not planes that got their operating environment wrong. More efficient, more complex, more rewarding for me, so that's why I do it that way. But you are welcome to try your own! (And to google for other threads by pa1983 like this one).

Rune. You underestimate the time I've been building on the forum ;)

Hehe. We've actually been on the forum for the same exact time.

Of course, you're much better at building your spacecraft. (But I like to... spread democracy.) :P

Hehe. We've actually been on the forum for the same exact time.

Of course, you're much better at building your spacecraft. (But I like to... spread democracy.) :P

We are a pair of old geezers then! Remember the great crash of '13? And the first time meticulous mitch uploaded a helicopter for the first time? Good 'ol times! xD

We are a pair of old geezers then! Remember the great crash of '13? And the first time meticulous mitch uploaded a helicopter for the first time? Good 'ol times! xD

I remember the great waves of dead accounts and crushed dreams... I'd call it the forum analogue to WWII. (Or WWI. The destruction of the treaty of Versailles is almost parallel to the rocket builder company squabble).

• 4 weeks later...
I really like your style. Very nice.

Thanks!

Are these files subassemblies or full ships?

99% of them are full ships, but there might be a subassembly in there somewhere. Anyhow, the description of each ship should tell you. In any case, the main difference between a subassembly file and a ship file is its placement.

Rune. Happy ship hunting!

Edited by Rune

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Are you going to make a smaller MK-3 SSTO with cargo bay? That would be cool, cause I tend to have 1.875 m tiny payloads. Sorry if this post implies that I am requesting this and you don't take requests.

Edited by Tangle

...And the first time meticulous mitch uploaded a helicopter for the first time? Good 'ol times! xD

Hey, I actually remember that! I joined in late october if I remember correctly, so my account got wiped. :(

Haven't heard of MM in a while, did he leave the forum? I remember his fantastic car designs.

Question: Are you going to make a smaller MK-3 SSTO with cargo bay? That would be cool, cause I tend to have 1.875 m tiny payloads. Sorry if this post implies that I am requesting this and you don't take requests.

That is a nice idea. In fact, probably my first stop in 0.26 after I rework the KTS. But, as I have implied, that is best left for 0.26 when the new MkIII parts come. In the meantime, I have a lot of SSTOs to rebuild!

I vaguely remember him but I haven't seen him around for a very long time. His cars were amazing though. I assume he got bored of KSP and just left.

We all have our gaming limits, and it is a rare game indeed the one that can keep you hooked up for years on end. Anyhow, perhaps we will see him again in the 1.0 party?

Rune. Imagine the hype for that.

Oh, a little disclaimer in case somebody doesn't now already: I will go updating as I can, but lately I haven't found a lot of time to take care of this, and 0.25 broke most of the SSTOs. The Nodachi and the Broadsword are easily fixable somewhat, but the others I have no idea and those two deserve a good rework since the new wings offer more potential additional cargo space if I finagle things right. And I'm also working on replacing the Dart, too. Still, for the moment consider the aeronautics division of R-SUV grounded due to part logistics issues. Here, a WiP build pic so you know I'm doing something!

lkX4BDe.png

Rune. Obviously you could always fire up 0.24.2 to fly them, or re-add the old parts manually.

Oh, a little disclaimer in case somebody doesn't now already: I will go updating as I can, but lately I haven't found a lot of time to take care of this, and 0.25 broke most of the SSTOs. The Nodachi and the Broadsword are easily fixable somewhat, but the others I have no idea and those two deserve a good rework since the new wings offer more potential additional cargo space if I finagle things right. And I'm also working on replacing the Dart, too. Still, for the moment consider the aeronautics division of R-SUV grounded due to part logistics issues. Here, a WiP build pic so you know I'm doing something!

http://i.imgur.com/lkX4BDe.png

Rune. Obviously you could always fire up 0.24.2 to fly them, or re-add the old parts manually.

SparkyFox has made a mod that re-adds the old wings... but no one seems to use it -.-

The big General Lifters got hit hard by the radial decoupler bug:

http://i.imgur.com/OElE2ZC.png

I recommend replacing the big decouplers with the smaller ones, as it doesn't seem to affect those.

Yeah, I use the semi-official fix by Targa, so I don't see that bug anymore. I recommend everyone to do the same, it's quite arbitrary that we can't use those things because unity broke the module they relied upon. Plus, the fix takes about two minutes to do and is stupid-proof. The one that is weirding me out right now is one where some parts become almost transparent regarding shadows... it's only visual, but I have no idea where that is coming from.

What's the bug? Being one to use the small ones by instinct... I don't know.

It's explained in the link I gave, but basically when you use radial decouplers in atmo at under 700m/s, kraken happens and they get shaken so violently that they usually blow the tank they were attached to.

Looking forward to some new craft from you, Rune. I can only imagine what you'll do with the new parts...

:)

Lots of fixing to do first, but I'm already getting my SP+ legs. Yesterday I did a sweet KSPI fusion SSTO that I have to figure out how to stockify, it looks too good not to (not the best angle to show how good the tail looks):

H0Ss8Bw.png

I'm also debating whether to waste time on updating the Broadsword and Nodachi, since I saw in the last squadcast that MkIII payload bays are supposed to be able to carry 2.5m parts comfortably... That's a good thing! :D

Rune. I should have something up in the meantime, probably today.

Edited by Rune

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.