Rune's Slightly Used Vehicles

Rune

Yeah, I use the semi-official fix by Targa, so I don't see that bug anymore. I recommend everyone to do the same, it's quite arbitrary that we can't use those things because unity broke the module they relied upon. Plus, the fix takes about two minutes to do and is stupid-proof. The one that is weirding me out right now is one where some parts become almost transparent regarding shadows... it's only visual, but I have no idea where that is coming from.

It's explained in the link I gave, but basically when you use radial decouplers in atmo at under 700m/s, kraken happens and they get shaken so violently that they usually blow the tank they were attached to.

Lots of fixing to do first, but I'm already getting my SP+ legs. Yesterday I did a sweet KSPI fusion SSTO that I have to figure out how to stockify, it looks too good not to (not the best angle to show how good the tail looks):

http://i.imgur.com/H0Ss8Bw.png

I'm also debating whether to waste time on updating the Broadsword and Nodachi, since I saw in the last squadcast that MkIII payload bays are supposed to be able to carry 2.5m parts comfortably... That's a good thing! :D

Rune. I should have something up in the meantime, probably today.

Hm... I have mods... and I've decoupled under 700ms... never encountered this bug.

• 1 month later...

Rune as impressed as I am with the quality & quantity of your fleet, I'm equally amazed at how awesome your main thread posts are. They're all super clean and well organized, with a solid mixture of photos and text. I have a hard time trying to keep my threads looking pretty with the limited number of crafts I have.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for giving me a good example to study.

cb

Very nice. I wish my ssto building skills were as good as yours! :)

Thanks!

Hi Rune, in the album concerning your base, we can see a nice Science rover. To which files does it correspond ?

And how did you landed it ? Skycrane ?

Hi! That would be the rover that comes inside the Eagle as a sample payload. And of course, it drops in the same Eagle as everything else. The Eagle needs some 0.25 polishing, but it's only cosmetics so you could use it as is or fiddle a tiny bit with the wings making up the cargo bay cover. But when I finally get around to posting what I have done to update mine... well, I have actually built an airbreathing version, a six-wheeled construction rover for the base pack, and a couple other minor improvements. It'll be up as soon as I test the airbreather version in a Mun deployment, so... Soonâ„¢!!

KDJQCWB.png

Rune as impressed as I am with the quality & quantity of your fleet, I'm equally amazed at how awesome your main thread posts are. They're all super clean and well organized, with a solid mixture of photos and text. I have a hard time trying to keep my threads looking pretty with the limited number of crafts I have.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for giving me a good example to study.

cb

You are very welcome! And actually, my trick is to be lazy: I use mostly the same style in all posts... so I can copy-paste them and have a blueprint for the next one where I can just fill sections. Other than that, it's better to only post the really cool pics (one or two per ship) and hide the others under spoilers, the whole thing is less cluttered and loads slightly faster that way. But yeah, it still takes a lot of time editing! I have been putting off the 0.25 update for a long time now... the only good part is, by the time I get around to it I am going to have a pretty decent lineup for the new SPH section (MAKS, Skylon, the new Dart, the Quinjet...). :)

Rune. Any day now, and sorry for the wait!

Thanks for the information, I will follow that.

I like this type of rover with the cupola used as command post. I made one long time ago (see this image), but it strongly needs to be updated now that the cupola is lighter, and to include Science parts.

As I plan a large mission on Duna, I'm also looking to any similar style rover that would fit to the objectives of my future mission :)

You are very welcome! And actually, my trick is to be lazy: I use mostly the same style in all posts... so I can copy-paste them and have a blueprint for the next one where I can just fill sections. Other than that, it's better to only post the really cool pics (one or two per ship) and hide the others under spoilers, the whole thing is less cluttered and loads slightly faster that way. But yeah, it still takes a lot of time editing! I have been putting off the 0.25 update for a long time now... the only good part is, by the time I get around to it I am going to have a pretty decent lineup for the new SPH section (MAKS, Skylon, the new Dart, the Quinjet...). :)

The spoiler thing is such a good idea. I've been linking to other posts in the thread, but thats way smarter. The update to .25 is killing me too, it makes me dread game & mod updates. I feel like I'm working full time just to keep everything up to date, instead of building new stuff.

I can't imagine how hard it is for you. Also props on the diversity. You definitely have something to offer in every category.

Edit: Also the amount of testing you go through must be insane.

Edited by clown_baby

• 2 weeks later...

Well, its official: I have procrastinated enough to miss a whole update without fixing up the SPH section here. :blush:

So I hereby promise a 0.90 compatible SPH craft list before christmas! With a MkIII Shuttle to compliment it, that's the first thing I'll build. And MAKS, and Skylon, and another shuttle, an X-37b I found lying around by the side of the SPH, and some more stuff...

Also, the part limitation thing on career: guess whose not caring one bit? :D

Rune. Now DL link, just don't break for an hour and a half. Think you can manage that?

Edited by Rune

Well, its official: I have procrastinated enough to miss a whole update without fixing up the SPH section here. :blush:

So I hereby promise a 0.90 compatible SPH craft list before christmas! With a MkIII Shuttle to compliment it, that's the first thing I'll build. And MAKS, and Skylon, and another shuttle, an X-37b I found lying around by the side of the SPH, and some more stuff...

Also, the part limitation thing on career: guess whose not caring one bit? :D

Rune. Now DL link, just don't break for an hour and a half. Think you can manage that?

yeah the X-37b is hard to make with Mk.3 and realistic wings as it flies like a brick but you can clip in more wings i'm just lazy

Major update guys! It is my birthday today, so I decided to bring you guys a special present: I finally got up-to-date the SPH and Shuttle section! Have fun with 100% Beta-compatible designs, and if you fly them today, think happy thoughts my way! :)

Rune. You'd think I get twice the presents, being born today... but it's mostly half the attention. ^^'

Thanks everyone, and happy holydays to you all! :)

@Burnoutforzai: That's a good, complicated question. See the pylon with the fuel lines? That's the heart of the fuel reroute subsystem. Basically I stop the normal fuel flow from each tank by clipping in their nodes, then run fuel lines to an intermediate part and them on to the engine. Neat, huh? The way I did it on the skylon is neater. ;P

Rune. Eat, drink, and be merry everyone!

Damn... You said you would have a full compatibility pack by Christmas, and all this is kinda enough... I really want a gigantic SSTO like the Nodachi but bigger... But that is obviously a bit much to ask. And yes, I know I should be ashamed for saying this.

Edited by Tangle

Is Rune Jesus...

The answer is yes.

That is true.

We are worshiping rune!

The inquisition has arrived...

http://i.imgur.com/aHg4EQul.jpg

Oh my... no fighting!! Well, thinking it a second time, if it is with awesome battleships over some distant moon... yeah, I'll allow it! :wink:

And yes, I was born within one hour of the mythical date and time. Which means I was born like a month apart from the actual historical figure, so who cares? It's kind of cool that everybody celebrates something in my birthday's day. :)

Damn... You said you would have a full compatibility pack by Christmas, and all this is kinda enough... I really want a gigantic SSTO like the Nodachi but bigger... But that is obviously a bit much to ask. And yes, I know I should be ashamed for saying this.

It's coming! But first things first, I haven't played much lately, and only recently got my 0.90 mods and saves in order. It is only to be expected a SSTO with the new cargo bay will follow... and yeah, the Nodachi needs a successor. Besides, I think I missed posting a X-37b I had somewhere...

Rune. And now it's finally the day to say this: ¡Feliz Navidad a todos!

It's coming! But first things first, I haven't played much lately, and only recently got my 0.90 mods and saves in order. It is only to be expected a SSTO with the new cargo bay will follow... and yeah, the Nodachi needs a successor. Besides, I think I missed posting a X-37b I had somewhere...

Rune. And now it's finally the day to say this: ¡Feliz Navidad a todos!

Five highs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.