Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

Tickrate is either at normal speed or (if laggy) at a lower rate. If the MET in the top left isn't yellow, tick rate should be constant.

Even so, changes in speed/position and physics happen at the same tickrate, so it shouldn't even have an effect.

Ah right, that's good to know, thanks. :) Most of the time the missiles work fine I only really noticed them not coliding at extreme (stupid) ranges, like you say the high speed of the projectile was probably a factor too.

Cupcake...

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, by the way Cupake, I found another challenge for you.

Now all I need is overwhelming support from your fans.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/75834-SSTI-%28Single-Stage-to-Infrastructure%29-Challenge

It does sound fun. Next priority for me though is to get the cinematics done. We've got a break from University coming up in a few weeks so the plan is to try and get them finished then. Also got another utility drop ship that needs a video. So much to do! :P

0s9bCpj.jpg

Well done on the Cleopatra BTW, it really is going from strength to strength. :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Have you run into this bug? If a ship has a cupola module on it and it travels at about 50m/s at a 45 degree angle to the vertical, it creates phantom forces whether or not torque is enabled.

Also, how do you post bugs?

:confused: Wierd, I've only really used the Cupola module once as part of the mothership on a Jool mission (it's far to heavy to be used for much else!) and it seemed to behave itself. You can try and submit a bug report here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/58-Support-Bugs

Cupcake...

Hey Cupcake! I just did a ship I think you will appreciate: a chemical dropship, to VTOL payloads on airless places with style. It does have two axis of movement unlike yours, but that kind of makes sense for it. Check it out in the exchange and tell me what you think! :D

Rune. BTW, your last military-like videos? Totally awesome.

Hey Cupcake! I just did a ship I think you will appreciate: a chemical dropship, to VTOL payloads on airless places with style. It does have two axis of movement unlike yours, but that kind of makes sense for it. Check it out in the exchange and tell me what you think! :D

Rune. BTW, your last military-like videos? Totally awesome.

Great design, I like how you balanced out the (considerable) wieght of the Mk1-2 command pod with the Nuke engines, smart move. You've also done a nice job on the aesthetics too, it's got a really sleek look. Nice to see you making VTOLs again! :)

Cupcake...

Cupcake, you are one scary dude. Amazing work ,as always. As someone who tends to develop VTOLs myself, have you any suggestions for breaking out of the 4 way symmetry? I have a few I have done this with but they all flat spin sporadically :( Also, no matter what I try, I can never beat the Jet lag enough to actually make them consistently land able. Any tips?

Cupcake, you are one scary dude. Amazing work ,as always. As someone who tends to develop VTOLs myself, have you any suggestions for breaking out of the 4 way symmetry? I have a few I have done this with but they all flat spin sporadically :( Also, no matter what I try, I can never beat the Jet lag enough to actually make them consistently land able. Any tips?

Four way symmetry? Does that mean you're designing in the VAB? :confused: Anyway, with the jet lag there's an easy fix for that; you just have to include rocket engines with your VTOL, they'll get rid of most of the lag. An analogue throttle couldn't hurt either. :)

Cupcake...

Four way symmetry? Does that mean you're designing in the VAB? :confused: Anyway, with the jet lag there's an easy fix for that; you just have to include rocket engines with your VTOL, they'll get rid of most of the lag. An analogue throttle couldn't hurt either. :)

Cupcake...

Sorry. poorly worded on my part. Two lines of symmetry, one down the center, the other acrossed

Sorry. poorly worded on my part. Two lines of symmetry, one down the center, the other acrossed

Do you mind posting some pics of your designs? It'll be a bit easier for me to give feedback that way. :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Hey Cupcake..... I think we need to have a dropship battle.... :)

http://i.imgur.com/QPkWbt9.png

That would be beyond awesome! :cool: That's a pretty big target you got there! Although it does look very fierce. What weapons is it packing?

I made my own drop ship...

http://i.imgur.com/Ukacj8T.png

...it's not very good. :P

That's the one with the twisty engines right? If that's not good I don't know what is! :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

That would be beyond awesome! :cool: That's a pretty big target you got there! Although it does look very fierce. What weapons is it packing?

That's the one with the twisty engines right? If that's not good I don't know what is! :)

Cupcake...

My MT-13A carries 4 i-beam missiles (high speed, damage, and accuracy), and two light rocket stacks by default, but it has a huge cargo bay with room for guided missiles, cargo modules, bomb racks, or even a light tank! Man, I need to make some pics and post it properly. :P

Also, the Spectre looks nice and stealthy. The "Diplomat" model is definitely a force to be reckoned with. :)

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

My MT-13A carries 4 i-beam missiles (high speed, damage, and accuracy), and two light rocket stacks by default, but it has a huge cargo bay with room for guided missiles, cargo modules, bomb racks, or even a light tank! Man, I need to make some pics and post it properly. :P

Also, the Spectre looks nice and stealthy. The "Diplomat" model is definitely a force to be reckoned with. :)

Wow, that's a lot of weapons! Looks pretty well armoured too! :cool: I think you'll enjoy this BTW, a quick test video showing the G Model in action.

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Ok, I'm a slacker, totally missed that you had released two new designs! I'll have to give them a spin tonight, if I get time after rescuing some kerbals in need. They look great as always, though! Just a quick question... Are you planning on making any dedicated multi-crew dropships? I know you've got the Queen Bee, but it's been pulled for a refit. Any chance of any purpose built two or three seaters, though? I just figured it'd get lonely on the long trip out to Jool, and you might need someone to chat with. And to lift the big heavy rovers off the dropship so you don't have to break a sweat. :)

BTW, I updated my mission log tonight, and one of your craft made an appearance. I had fun with it, but it didn't end too well. :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.