What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Where do those green house looking bits come from? Also ' date=' epic ship![/quote']

Heh, it's modded to hell and back, as you can see.

The greenhouse parts are from USI Life Support and are, in fact, greenhouses. Precisely what they are growing is up for debate.

Returned Jeb and team from the space station by an SSTO plane.

The 'T' in SSTO is there for a reason. It didn't return in one piece. Actually, barely more than half of it returned. But the crew survived.

0yoi9pi.jpg

Heh, it's modded to hell and back, as you can see.

The greenhouse parts are from USI Life Support and are, in fact, greenhouses. Precisely what they are growing is up for debate.

Maybe they're experiments to figure out if Kerbals photosynthesize. :)

Today I sent a plane equipped with three ramjet engines to 50,000 meters and flew straight down at full power. Only the cockpit was left, but I broke the 1050 m/s contract! Any suggestions for how to get the 2500 m/s contract? :sticktongue:

Today I sent a plane equipped with three ramjet engines to 50,000 meters and flew straight down at full power. Only the cockpit was left, but I broke the 1050 m/s contract! Any suggestions for how to get the 2500 m/s contract? :sticktongue:

Yeah... go for orbit. ;)

I successfully developed an air-launch rocket carrier aircraft and the booster that it drops. It took a while to figure out how to get the rocket to clear the aircraft WITHOUT striking the forward rocket fuel tank... but it's a glorious thing to see when it works. Rocket drops out of the tandem Mk II cargo bays at Mach 2+, lights the first stage, and pops upwards aft of the carrier aircraft. Gotta record it and post the video for you guys to watch.

XstWK9Nl.png

Kidonia can for the first time be called "assembled," as today I joined the two main sections in orbit. This got to be a little more frustrating than expected, as they kept docking all but two of the ports, making me have to detach and re-dock several times before everything connected properly.

I messed around with KIS to see what my limits were (rather unsatisfied with the results when combined with certain mods, not the fault of KIS though).

I also learned that Kerbals apparently don't mind being exposed to the vacuum of space...

screenshot1_zpshhbayhrk.png

While doing some aircraft testing I came across the 'engine flames our at pole' glitch. The aircraft survived but it made me curious about the phenomenon so I am planning a major polar expedition including snow rover, test plane, lab and all the trimmings. This will allow me to harvest some 'in-game' science points and let me do some 'real' research into the polar atmosphere. At the moment I'm designing the kit needed for the research and the aircraft to transport it. Next I need to bring some of my scientists back from the LKO station to man the lab and 'train up' another 3 star engineer with a cheap and cheerful trip all the way out of Kerbin's SOI so he/she is qualified to repair punctures (!) Honestly, it's more challenging than going to the Mun!

Learned a very important lesson last night ;

Dont try to land in a crater filled zone during the night with a 100t lander that is very high...

it took me 3 hours to get it to land and sit still...

Made a little surface explorer for doing the survey missions of Kerbin, had to develop a launcher to get it into orbit so as to save fuel when going long distances. On a side note the guy piloting this, is the guy I rescued on my first rescue last week, "Don't Screw this up for me Barlie"

90136580F41BDAFDB9F20CF0AC25029F7ACBC30971688B1039F9AFB4137DB4E72ABBDE622F8A4E72

Had a pretty lousy night last night. I designed a FAR plane that didn't want to FAR, and then after my 6-year old conned me into playing a game of Utopia with him (yes, that one) I went back into playing KSP. Valentina and her bunch of tourists had finally arrived at Minmus and I had picked up a flag-planting and surface sci contract for Minmus since they launched. I figured "what the hell, they've got a ship that can land launch and make it back to Kerbin", so I decided to land the thing even though none of her tourists needed to land. Botched the suicide burn. Autosave revert - to find I'd put the last autosave point right at that spot where they couldn't abort the suicide burn. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Facepalm. Val and her crew of worthless tourists are now stuck on Minmus. At least I got the damn flag-planting contract taken care of.

So at this point I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how I'm going to get those tourists back to Kerbin. I use KIS/KAS and Ship Manifest so there is that - I need to see how pipes are working these days, or if hooking up a winch will count enough for purposes of having a craft "docked" for Ship Manifest to be able to transfer the tourists into a rescue ship (seeing as how I can't EVA them). Bill's probably got a job to do here in the very near future and at least this time it won't involve a spacewalk...

Today, I made a speedrun to the Northpole.

169.48 fuel used, T 00:17:57.

fHSiysH.png

GhjwTbW.png

xSc8Gi6.png

xEcZJtl.png

4qGyCJa.png

Isn't there a challenge for this ?

Edit: I had to go to the Southpole too...

fNfUceK.png

:)

Edited by Triop

First successful manned (or kerbaled) Mun landing with Valentina.

After 5 unkerbaled tries with 3 failures and 1 catastrophic failure.

I omitted establishing a moon orbit upon returning because I was a bit short of fuel (like always...) and went directly to Kerbin SOI.

After reaching Kerbins SOI my fuel was gone.

So I brought Valentina back by using the RCS thrusters for killing about 300 m/s to reach my final Kerbin intercept course...

I literaly reached Kerbins atmosphere on my very last drop of monopropellant at a speed of 3300 m/s and

also managed to not burn up in the atmosphere.

Good thing I always have a heat shild on that capsule. :rolleyes:

I'm so proud of that flag on the Mun.

Edited by Cairol

Loaded up my old save in 1.0, and picked up where I left off a while ago with the re-entry of the big interplanetary Laythe mission. Onboard were Edvy, Tombop, Dilger, and Seandred Kerman, the heroes of the KSA and most of the Kerbal population! Unfortunately, I had not paid attention to the update... With re-entry heating! And so, in a tragic accident regarding a sudden change in the laws of physics, four of Kerbin's heroes were lost...

It was a sad day for me, at least until I noticed the doing away of the soup-o-sphere.

I'm back from hiatus, enjoying 1.0!

I LOVE that I can actually fly planes now :)

I found myself unlocking a lot of aero early on :P Which I didn't think about until now but I'm going to have to build some silly contraptions to get some moon science to unlock more nodes!

I built a "Tourist meteor" which consists of 3 capsules, 2 radial parachutes, 2 medium solid boosters, 1 big solid booster, and 3 decouplers...

2 terrified tourists (And a very excited Jeb) to the edge of space and back for under 6000 funds! It helped me spam enough funds to upgrade my VAB and tracking center!