What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Launched starliner an orion powered interplanetary ship.

7xyAqF8.png

300 ton, room for 40 kerbals, does a 1600 m/s burn in one minute, currently on an shakedown cruice taking kerbals and tourists on a trip by Mun and Minmus then outside Kerbin SOI to get the crew 3 stars before changing crew and going to Duna.

I also just tested my Moho probe on Kerbin.

I'm sorry but... THERE ISN'T ANY FREAKING ATMOSPHERIC EFFECT ON MOHO BECAUSE ISN'T ANY ONE ! :mad:

THE PROOF HERE :

eR4ckHN.png

FROM KSP WIKI

But if you are using mods I'm sorry ! ^v^

Peace and fly safe !

EDIT : I've made an Mün system equipment. But it crushed on Mün. JUST NEEDS SOME POLISHING AND RESTART THE MISSION AGAIN AND OVER AGAIN TO VICTORY ! YAY ! just need to begin the landing burn above 500 meters over the mün surface lol :cool:

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Easy with the language, please.

I am posting this one a day late, but yesterday morning I started my journey to Duna with the largest craft I have ever built, my first crewed mission to another planet's SOI. Over the past week I have been designing and building and testing and launching and rendezvousing and docking and refueling. It took eight total launches to get this thing ready.

It didn't work. It is too long, unstable and the engine is in the back, pushing. It had a wobble that constantly worsened. Until it was flipping. I managed to stop it before it ripped itself apart.

I went to go return the crew to the surface when I realized the reentry pod could only carry 3 of the 6 crew. I forgot to add extra reentry pods.

I built the space Titanic.

Well, I did manage to get a rescue ship up to them and safely return the crew. I de-orbited the darn thing (science mode do the money isn't an issue) and them realized I probably should have taken a picture for you guys. The whole mission was one giant failure.

Back to the tear-stained drawing board.

Upcoming tests: Can I dock multiple ports laterally to create a more stable ship and does it increase stability as I hope it will. Also I need to try to design a front side, pulling engine that can drop excess tanks mid-mission. That will be tricky for me.

I'm sorry but... THERE ISN'T ANY FREAKING ATMOSPHERIC EFFECT ON MOHO BECAUSE ISN'T ANY ONE ! :mad:

THE PROOF HERE :

http://i.imgur.com/eR4ckHN.png

FROM KSP WIKI

But if you are using mods I'm sorry ! ^v^

Peace and fly safe !

EDIT : I've made an Mün system equipment. But it crushed on Mün. JUST NEEDS SOME POLISHING AND RESTART THE MISSION AGAIN AND OVER AGAIN TO VICTORY ! YAY ! just need to begin the landing burn above 500 meters over the mün surface lol :cool:

Dude, please give me a spoiler warning next time. It would have been really fun (and Kerballish!) to send my probe with a heat shield and parachutes to another planet only to crash and have to send another because my only form of propulsion is RCS.

I don't know anything about the planets and I like to keep it that way until I get there myself.

I have been trying to land an unmanned base on Duna for use by a future crewed mission to that planet. I can land it no problem (and have found with enough parachutes I only need ~50 m/s dV.. half for the initial de-orbit burn (actually just lower pe to 10-15 km ) and the rest for the final deceleration on landing) but the base keeps disappearing as soon as I switch away (although once or twice its still there in the tracking station the first time I look but not the second). I have a crew capsule (cupola) and a remote control unit as part of the base but no Kerbals on board.

I can't figure out why this doesn't work, and have become very frustrated with it. Maybe its time for a hiatus from the game until 1.1. Grumble grumble.

I am posting this one a day late, but yesterday morning I started my journey to Duna with the largest craft I have ever built, my first crewed mission to another planet's SOI. Over the past week I have been designing and building and testing and launching and rendezvousing and docking and refueling. It took eight total launches to get this thing ready.

It didn't work. It is too long, unstable and the engine is in the back, pushing. It had a wobble that constantly worsened. Until it was flipping. I managed to stop it before it ripped itself apart.

I went to go return the crew to the surface when I realized the reentry pod could only carry 3 of the 6 crew. I forgot to add extra reentry pods.

I built the space Titanic.

Well, I did manage to get a rescue ship up to them and safely return the crew. I de-orbited the darn thing (science mode do the money isn't an issue) and them realized I probably should have taken a picture for you guys. The whole mission was one giant failure.

Back to the tear-stained drawing board.

Upcoming tests: Can I dock multiple ports laterally to create a more stable ship and does it increase stability as I hope it will. Also I need to try to design a front side, pulling engine that can drop excess tanks mid-mission. That will be tricky for me.

Okay so I'm REALLY bad at art man, but, here's my noobish attempt to help you - http://i.imgur.com/fg2EQM3.png. I've also never done this before.

I figured out how to use the radar and heat seeking missiles of BD armory.

I made a rocket that can deliver a small rover or lander on nearly any body in the system, I have tried eve, duna, mun, minmus, kerbin... and a moon of jool

I don't know anything about the planets and I like to keep it that way until I get there myself.

...you really need to not read the forum then, tbh. Everyone else is going to be swapping success (and failure) stories because we don't consider things that have in-game information displays to be spoilers :)

You might want to check out some of the planet packs; New Horizons, Outer Planets, and others will add planets that not many folks outside of the relevant thread will discuss. Would help you avoid future spoilers ^^ Alternatively you can RP it by the rule that you have to observe a thing before you can account for it, e.g. send an orbiter with a barometer as your first mission to anywhere.

I had this little Station in Kerbins Orbit but I didnt like how close the Solar Panels are attached to the Main Body of the Station.

6Em3FnN.jpg

So I brought up this Backbone and a small RCS-Tug to move everything around and re-attach it to the Station.

wEikCY1.jpg

It' not perfect yet, but a little more ISS-like ;)

zGF6JiJ.jpg

...you really need to not read the forum then, tbh. Everyone else is going to be swapping success (and failure) stories because we don't consider things that have in-game information displays to be spoilers :)

You might want to check out some of the planet packs; New Horizons, Outer Planets, and others will add planets that not many folks outside of the relevant thread will discuss. Would help you avoid future spoilers ^^ Alternatively you can RP it by the rule that you have to observe a thing before you can account for it, e.g. send an orbiter with a barometer as your first mission to anywhere.

I've been very careful to avoid screenshots and discussions. :)

Brought my 3 Mini Comsats to an Orbit to Duna, also learned about the Delay (Remote Tech) and how to work around it. The launch & transfer went perfect but the Satelites are out of sync.

For the few missions i am going to use/need them i call it a mission succes, it was a bit of an experiment too getting them there without someone to control them ;)

Ejecting the first stage at a nice 1200 m/s igniting the middle stage to get the payload into orbit.

40900E219871F4836FB2E6CC611BD4F3B8B18CC9

The payload & transfer stage on it's way to Duna, there are 4 very compact/small comsats attached to the base of the transfer stage

ADDB3386F463FC8F4EDC76C14EA3439D8D91B6C3

Had a relatively busy night last night (and today's been busy too - can't believe it's 2:30 local and I'm just now getting to the KSP forums today).

Last night my Mun Buggy arrived in orbit of Minmus. Unfortunately, the craft wound up in a retrograde orbit relative to the Minmusport space station, but as I have plans to land the craft (it satisfies the conditions of a high-paying Minmus base contract), I'll probably just land it and have it head on to the station from there. I'll just have to dump the transfer stage and lose the extra fuel that was in it instead of hauling it to the station as a spare supply like I'd originally intended.

Meanwhile, I finally figured out what happened to the Stratofortress 7a that I'd launched to Mun the other day, and apparently promptly forgotten about until after it had left Mun's SOI. My computer has an annoying tendency sometimes to click twice when I meant to click once, and when you're deleting KAC alarms, sometimes it gets something it shouldn't - which is annoying but not troublesome unless I don't actually catch it (which is what happened the other day). I figured this out because it happened again...luckily this time I was paying attention and promptly restored the alarm. I made a burn that will slingshot the Stratofortress around Kerbin and back to a Mun intercept in four days. The maneuver did short the craft on fuel, so to compensate I took the time last night to launch a fully-loaded fuel base to rendezvous with the Munport space station. It will arrive in about a day-and-a-half - well ahead of the Stratofortress - which should enable Jeb and company to finally go home once the craft finally gets there.

I also launched a Raven spaceplane to haul passengers to Kerbinport, and another Sojourner probe around Kerbin to try and pick up a polar-orbiting satellite contract. The passenger delivery went well; the plane is still docked to the station ready to take folks back down when I've got a load ready to go. The Sojourner's mission was a partial success; though I launched at the wrong time and wound up with nowhere near enough fuel to put the satellite into the correct plane, I did still wind up in a polar orbit, so I took the opportunity to scan Kerbin for ore. I'll make a fresh attempt to fulfill the satellite contract later. Meantime, I know that Kerbin definitely ain't the place to be doing any mining, y'all...

Mining of Minmus is still going well. The planet went into night but it turned out my combined Wildcat/Mosquito craft had sufficient battery power available between them to carry the craft through to dawn. At this point, about 1600 units of Ore have been mined from Minmus; another 500 or so and I collect on a contract worth over √300,000. Definitely looking forward to finishing that up. I had been considering sending out a refinery module to the site so that enough Ore could be refined into fuel so that the full Wildcat craft could make a delivery to Minmusport; I have yet to make any further plans there, though.

Right now I'm sitting at about √158k, with every piece of KSC upgraded except for the Tracking Station and that upgrade as a short-term goal. I still need to do some sci-mining on Mun and get started with the process of Ore mining there as well, but that mission is also rapidly approaching on the horizon, and then I turn my attention to Duna and Ike again.

Mostly station management.

2ac5134d9641d131df031d69a0bef7ef.png

First, I flew the empty SixPlane home, with only minimal fuel and monopropellant remaining. Also, I docked the panels probe to the Labtug. Then, I got the rendevous of Triangle with the rescuee... but ran out of fuel matching speeds. Got close enough and slow enough that he could EVA over, though. Even firing RCS couldn't deorbit... so I needed to get some fuel there.

fef47ecc3619e239ab7c072a60426267.png

8dcbee88025130926bbe1c4a15727e94.png

The lab needed scientists, too, so I docked a tank/pod module to my little interstation ship to take two scientists from Stopover to the lab. I put 53 data into the lab, then put one of the readings (worth two science points, as it's been taken already) into the interstation ship.

cf23b138ef2ccd4a38bdf7a876982dd2.png

This then went to the Triangle and the rescuee, allowing him to take the data back home, and take more than enough fuel to deorbit and return.

I create a fully fonctionnal, semi realistic Interplanetary Spacecraft : The Belenos. I use it for exploring the Urania system of course :P

Send in three section, it have all the necessary for a real spacecraft, a command module, a docking section, an artificial gravity living section, an electric module couple with a propulsion module made by 4 ion engines

A little video just after assembling

And some screenshot :

7n8RaDn.png

NSd5kCa.png

WHAQncg.png

Edited by Sido

Well, started a manned Laythe surface survey by plane. Looking for a flat place with moar ore and a spot nearby to place the habitat which is still piggybacked on the mobiler miner:

(Jool asteroid survey contracts are at the time my best fundresource, scan somewhat 15-19 asteroids type X for 5-6 million kerbucks!!)

8v4gF9s.png