What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

WOOOT!!!!!

B4683B04D568A12E3970ADEFC4A78952F95F4B96

First! Time!! EVER!!!

:D

I lucked out - I put down in the Lowlands near the lip of the Eastern Canyon. I have four distinct biomes within driving distance, and the terrain is easily flat enough to allow Duna Hustle to land. 

Part of the approach was practice for the Mothership's landing; I initially entered with a Pe of 20 kms - which turned out to be FAR too deep. I intended to enter a 60K orbit but wound up landing; fortunately in a good spot. After undocking her Science modules and connecting them in orbit, Duna Hustle will enter higher and take her time lowering into the thin atmosphere. The goal is to land close to Rover Max once the ground team has collected good science. Upon collecting the ground team and their science, Duna Hustle will boost into orbit, collect her Science Modules and grind Science until the return window to Kerbin opens.

So far this mission is going flawlessly. 

Well; ONE flaw: Rover Max Duna was set up to be pushed into Duna's atmosphere by her descent booster - a "Rhino" with a Kerbodyne 3600; FAR larger than needed but designed to maneuver the full ship if necessary. Below it, an inflatable heat shield. Problem: No Radial Engines!

Gah! I had to eject the heat shield and take the atmospheric burn on the engine bell - no problem at all; but not what I wanted. I remembered radial boosters on Duna Hustle; just not on the Rover's descent pod.

Edited by NorthernDevo

Exploration of Duna/Ike continues. I posted a few days ago about my first manned mission to Duna and landing a rover. I'd heard of Bon Voyage after this mission launched and have been using it on Minmus and the Mun, but the Duna rover didn't have one. I got bored driving, so I ended up hyperediting a control unit to the guys on the ground and the onsite engineer installed it. Since then the rover team has hit 5 biomes over a several hundred kilometers with the last being on the south polar region. The have their sites set on a anomaly on the pole they should reach sometime tomorrow.

Elsewhere around Duna a team took one of the landers out to clean experiments on the initial Duna survey satellite. It should have enough dV to relocate to Ike. It has a lander that I ended up not deploying on Duna that hopefully can do a safe landing on Ike. It's the only vessel I have around Duna that has resource scanners and the big DMagic experiments. The service team got back to my mothership with less than 50dV left. 

ExKbRr3.jpg

The Kerbals left in orbit were feeling cooped up, so did a quick trip out for a first landing on Ike. Bill got the honor of planting the flag on Ike.

KjOy6Cj.png

Edited by Tonka Crash

On 7/17/2018 at 1:46 AM, qromodynmc said:

DgNr3cj.jpg

8wifH1W.png

E28BH09.png

I kinda finalized my draken project. It was a wonky project since it's quite impossible to get it right on wings and air intakes but im still proud of it.

Impressive! I wish I could build something big like that but my mac can't handle the parts. Whats the maneuverability like?

First flight (or dive?) in 2019. A small underwater ROV called Remora (помеха) is exploring Kerbin's underwater seabed

rC2cBRW.png

Command are you seeing this? looks like we got an underwater seabed depression over here

5WbZFGR.png

Look at the size of it! The contrasting underwater plains and a massive, jagged underwater crevices... Feels like we're going into another void

H0zEAQa.png

Looks like the crevices arcs upon the horizon (It's faint, but you can see it in this picture far away on the horizon)

6Nmj10n.png

Edited by ARS

Took some tourists & a trainee scientist to Minmus in a Lightning II spaceplane, and actually used my Minmus station for a change.

uKX3zhv.png?1

Landing on Minmus for experience & profit

0CTTeMa.png?1

Leaving Minmus, heading for home

owWz2Kg.png?1

Second of three aerobraking passes.  Just about the only parts NOT glowing red are the airbrakes.  I should've gone for a fourth pass, rather than just three

12GhpCx.png?1

I used too much fuel with the NERV bring the AP down - and too close to KSC.  I still overshot, then didn't have quite enough fuel to fly back to KSC.  Here I am gliding the last few kilometers

D6zAKAV.png?1

Safely landed.  I cut the chutes and ended up with just barely enough residual speed to get up on the runway (at ~10 m/s) to get a full recovery. 

LvGZwTm.png?1

What a way to ring in the new year!!   And HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!

Edited by Cavscout74

Trident:

QA0eT1P.png

Weird proportions but a) I'm trapped in stock parts, and b) it flies sooooo nicely...

HdoIWMl.pngy6yIHlZ.png

It ought to go a bit faster than it does, but it doesn't.  (Not yet, anyway.)

Edited by Hotel26

3 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

Have just finished the nuptials with Esprit:  (click the screenshot and use right arrow for a slide show)

9Dto8qH.png

Reveal hidden contents

4oexJ7R.pngvSxba5Y.png

CKsCm6Z.pngDWHT4Px.png

hjn4U1m.png8jRIBvj.png

yivEqEB.pngALIGyXx.png

Zfgn0hW.pngqAFvWVR.png

I am very excited and happy about this one!

Nice! Reminds me of Concorde...shame we can’t do the droop-snoot in KSP :(

Jeb's new toy: underwater bike Plankton

sOtRL8Q.png

Possibly the smalest underwater vehicle I ever built. It's as if he detached one of the engine assembly of an aircraft, bolt the pilot seat on it and sail away as if it wasn't a big deal whenever he's bored

On 12/31/2018 at 10:52 AM, NorthernDevo said:

How long has it been that we could actually warp and bend parts due to damage? I've never seen this before! I mean yes, they flex; that's normal but that front left wheel mount is totally warped now!

That’s not technically supposed to happen, but weird things happen in KSP when you bang stuff against rocks at the bleeding edge of their breaking point, and the results can be... unpredictable.

Its a feature, not a bug. :D

22 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

That’s not technically supposed to happen, but weird things happen in KSP when you bang stuff against rocks at the bleeding edge of their breaking point, and the results can be... unpredictable.

Its a feature, not a bug. :D

ROFL!

Which pretty much sums up Kerbal engineering in a nutshell.

I was actually pretty pleased with it - the hammering the Rover took should have bent it badly and it did - I've just never seen that before.

EDIT:

Oops, while I was typing this my orbital fueller kinda smacked into the ship it was supposed to refuel....(whistles)