What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Landed my first Minmus base today. It was a bit of a pain bringing it through the atmosphere, but I got her up. Then I made it to LMO and realized I didn't have enough DeltaV to land, so I sent a refuel mission. Found out the hard way that you can't attach an engine directly to a docking port and have them separate cleanly. The engine fairing will stay attached to the port.

So I sent a redesigned refueling mission. Easily landed. Here you can see Val and Bob proudly posing.

K7iejwK.png?1

Then I found out I needed another Kerbal for the lab to function. I didn't have a lander shuttle parked at the orbital station, so I decided to jet back down a new scientist. Everything went well.

42 easy science without leaving KSC and the possibility of a hefty bonus - well done KerbMav! Wish I could do the same at this stage.

Thank you, but this was 42 data. :)

1 data from 85 different experiments of which half were worth 0 data (science from and on Kerbin is not worth much) - I did not check the amount of science I would get from recovering, but I transmitted many experiments and repeated them for later processing in the new lab - it never felt much though, at least not with techs from tier 2 R&D almost all researched, but if I had thought of it earlier ... it really only is worth something once all experiments are available though.

Aaaand, granting yourself science points equivalent to an old save is not even cheating yourself! :wink:

Thank you, but this was 42 data

Apologies, misread your post. Maybe not such a good deal.

granting yourself science points equivalent to an old save is not even cheating

I did wonder about the ethics of that. Transferring the cash, tech & upgraded facilities into a new game with a more generous science balance. I could re-launch the company and call it "restructuring the business with new goal focus" or some such management-speak ;)

Ursie Kerman today went to the Mun in 2-man Soyuz capsule from Tantares mod and have successfully rescued Jeb. She is now 2nd female Kerbal in my career that went to the space and she is most experienced Kerbal in my roster after Jeb

Did a mun landing and am now earning some moolah, doing a 3 in one rescue mission around kerbin and a 2 in one rescue mission around minmus.

I think they should add... some kind of red cross ambulance service flags to the selection for space agency :D

FINALLY got a stable 1.02 launch in early career mode - last night I read up on Saturn V and that noticed stage 1 got the rest to 67km (when I saw these things as a child that didn't register) - so I use 5 launchers (clustered) to 40km and then a short 5 rocket thing to get the skinny bits into orbit (OK and fins and sas:-) )- OK over built but I only have the SCI 90 stuff - that was a capsule + materials bay to tight Mun and return which was always my stage at that level.

OK the aero is a pain but the sense of relief at finally finding the right combo makes it all worth while

After I got the hang of the new aero in 1.0, (Even using Mechjeb is a challenge now), launched a few satellites into orbit around Minmus to test it out, and am now focusing on building the Minmus base again. Here is the initial crew with their ship! It was designed for the engine pods to separate so it is now a permanent memorial to where Kerbalkind first set foot on another body.

Minmus%20Base%20-%20Initial%20Crew_zpsdvveexyv.jpg

Started on my first true blitz on Duna. Six intrepid Kerbals in their transfer ship, two mining rigs, a lander each for Duna and Ike, a surveyor probe, a rover... and an On-Orbit Parts Supply (O.O.P.S.) drone in hot pursuit.

Let the mayhem begin!

As nobody took up my generous (?) offer of funding in exchange for science, I spent some cash on it myself. For the price of some cheap satellites and long-range aircraft drop tanks I managed to scrounge 460+ points which just gets me to my total.

Collecting science on an industrial scale. This VTOL + 21 experiments made several sorties:

A6uytUuh.png

Also, the scientific equivalent of looking for loose change down the back of the sofa. Rover winkling out the last scraps of science from around KSC. Note the prototype satellite on test behind the pod:

hd6cPZgh.png

Next stop: The Mun!

Mind you, if I can just find another 1000 science I can unlock the Rapiers. Then I have a peach of a design for a mixed cargo/passenger SSTO I want to try...

Edited by percyPrune

Yesterday I launched Jeb and Bob to collect science data from a high Kerbin orbit...at least, that was the intent. Didn't realize until the craft was coming in for splashdown that I'd forgotten to load Bob into the capsule. Or that I'd forgotten to take a crew report at the apoapsis...

I was able to unlock Fuel Ducts, though, which gave me back the ability to make asparagus (checked for a new version of StageRecovery first, which was good since there was an update - one that gave me a shot at actually recovering stages). Launched a three-passenger tour bus to orbit with a booster I could rely on to make it. Ran a parts test while I was at it on an XL chute; I got the chute test completed but tore it off in the process, so it was a good thing I'd packed spares specifically for that eventuality. Safely got the tourists back to Kerbin, though the craft landed in the mountains, so that was a "just barely" sort of event. Also put out a pair of Stayputnik and jet-powered ground markers for KSC 09 and KSC 27. Used them to get Jeb back to the Runway safely from a parts test, which was the last thing I did yesterday. Raised enough capital to unlock the Level 2 Tracking Station, so at this point I'm Munbound.

A current set of contracts has me flying tourists to both Mun and Minmus. I'm reasonably sure I can design a ship at this point that will fulfill said contracts; my main concern is that I haven't unlocked solar panels yet. I'm also finding myself a little short on funds, so I'm hoping the final rocket won't be too expensive...

Surprise, no tourist contracts this time!

Valentina took one of the rookies on a field trip - unintentionally close to sunset *cough* - and collected some more science from the shores and grasslands, stumbling over a weird cold spot north of KSC, changing the climate in the area to that of a tundra ... :wink:

Scientific data was added to the Mobile Lab Rover still munching the few data points it collected around KSC, copies of all of the results will go up to the KSS as soon as it is finished for evaluation in low-g.

As usual I picked and plucked small things at my KSS station design before spending quite some time crunching numbers in KER, pushing sliders, tweaking engines, changing an moving fuel tanks to build a launcher for that unexpectedly heavy station core. Crew, Lab and Utility modules to follow.

Got surprised by the announcement of an unplanned Squad cast so I quit the game and watched while editing some of my own configs to add a new resource to the game - once more I am trying to make the nukes a bit more interesting/different.

I actually remembered to make screenshots this time, but as I usually post in breaks at work, I will have to edit them in later this afternoon though.

I discovered a piece of debris "landed" in space around Kerbin.

Artificial Lagrange Points Confirmed??? :D

Built a v 1.02 Saturn V need to test it tonight to see if it can do a full apollo mission.

Wow - are you using one of the system resize mods or do you just generally like to build big?! :cool:

I spent all of yesterday making this.

Bookmarked as first thing to do/watch when at home. :)