What future feature (confirmed or otherwise) is your biggest hope for KSP?

does the unity engine even support 64bit?

Not presently. I hope 64-bit and GPU physics will be implemented in Unity soon (or at least multi-core CPU Physics) because it's not much fun hitting a frame lag, knowing my rig can handle more than its' dealing with.

Indeed - I don't need a better computer to run KSP, I just need to be able to fully utilize the system resources I already have. Certainly a 2 GB video card, 8 GB of RAM and a quad core should be sufficient. I am confident that we'll see it in development eventually.

Yes I wish they could make it utilize resources better. I run a 64 bit system on 16GB ram, two 2GB GPU's and a i-7 OC at 5ghz and I still lag but I can play FSX with 100's of mods and pull 60 fps lmao...lol its comical sometimes...but so frustrating...

Could some one explain what "tweakables" are?

Assuming those things aren't an amazing idea, I'd have to say career mode. It's one feature, but it opens the doors for MANY more.

Tweakables will allow you to edit the amount of fuel in fuel tanks, define what they contain, let you extend/retract movable parts from the VAB, and stuff like this. Basically, it will allow you to do much much more from the VAB and to fully customize your crafts.

Updated engine or some sort of work around so KSP uses modern computers to their full ability.

And of course, multiplayer :P That falls under that "otherwise" category I guess, since it will probably never happen.

Resources are a big one for me, but that's only a matter of time. Kethane does the job just fine for now.

While I do like Sandbox, I am most-interested in getting my hands on a full-fledged career mode. I like measurable objectives other than the ones I set for myself. Building on this, I would love to see some actual science objectives incorporated into career mode ... not just "reach the moon" ... I would like to see "return samples of moon rock" where you *actually* have to collect it and return it.

Plannet geology improvements are the main thing.

Aerodynamics, weather, and more science are the others. (Radiation, magnetism, new temperature model)

Reentry heating, and the ability to re-texture parts to add heat shields (E.g., click a wing, and half of it gets tiles on it) would be awesome, as long as there are ways to shield things enough for aerocaptures.

Girl kerbals and customization are also something I'm really hoping for. It's a pity they're all currently the same.

Edited by Tw1

I have a few things I'd like to see:

Alien Life (not civilisations but just like life like Cow analogues, bird analogues and so forth)

Transforming parts/modular parts (don't know how to explain that exactly but think of building a capsule, it lands in the water on Laythe, then it opens up and turns into a boat. Then it hits land and retracts the boat pieces and extends the rover pieces)

Weather. Specifically, different weather for each planet/mun. Kerbin would have Earth Weather, Eve would have Acid Rain and constant Thunderstorms, Jool would have a single massive Hurricane that moves across the planet and Laythe would have cyclones, hurricanes, thunderstorms and water spouts)

Ice Drills and Water under the ice caps on the planets with Ice, so we could drill straight down and explore the depths

If I had to choose just one it would be the transforming/modular parts.

Whether any of this is planned though is another story

What i find amusing reading through this is just how varied and copious the wishes are, they're all great too, KSP just lends itself to the imagination doesn't it? Poor developers lol :) Skyrim was a little similar for me in that despite it being so great i kept having "what if" thoughts, and that only tends to happen to me with the games i enjoy most.

i would love a more deep scientific research simulation. I mean it would be nice to start with a complete blank paper about the planets in the kerbal system, apart from their orbit.

then you can send for example a space telescope orbiting around kerbin and discover the outer planets or little moons that you cant see from down on kerbin.

Than you can send probes to orbit around planets and discover for example their orography so you can find a decent spot for landing

than you can send probes to crash into the planet and discover the planet atmosphere, thickness, composition, density, pressure, so you can plan how to land on the planet.

than you can send probes or rovers on the surface of the planet and get samples of rocks. If you return samples to kerbin than you can discover things about the planet, for example if there's kethane.

than you can go for the human landing, human colonization and so on.

also would be nice to have some sort of life simulation. Sending probes to a planet to study if there are condition for extra-kerbin-life and then send probes or rover to actually look for life ( i mean bacterya and so on, not full developed aliens )

I'm honestly just waiting for a fleshed out career mode. I've done pretty much everything in the book at this point, and having a hard time finding anything new and interesting to do.

Getting to do everything again, with restrictions and definitive goals should be interesting.

Hmmm, lots of things. Is this order of personal priority.

1. Tweakables

2. Aerodynamic / spaceplane updates

3. Resources

4. Re-entry / heatshield completion.

Then there is a 64bit multi core/thread KSP but the devs can't do anything about that :(

I agree with you Comrade but I would add campaign. With these and the additions intended for 0.21 I feel the game would be pritty much compleat.

Oh to answer the thread resources.

Edited by bonyetty

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.