Would you buy expansion packs for KSP? How much?

ngianoplus

Would you buy expansion packs for KSP?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy expansion packs for KSP?

• Yes, 5 or less USD
    • Yes, 10 or less USD
    • Yes, 15 or less USD
    • Yes, 20 or less USD
    • Yes, 25 or less USD
    • Yes, 30 or less USD
    • Yes, even if it was more than 30 USD
    • No

I am curious to see whether or not the community would buy expansions for KSP? Personally, I would be quick to buy any expansion for KSP if it was under 25 USD.

EDIT: I am looking for the general consensus of the community on purchasing expansions or KSP

EDIT2: Assume the expansion contains complete features such as, colonization, multiplayer, or terraforming

In short, something you would want to pay for

Edited by ngianoplus

It's hard to imagine what an expansion for KSP would even have at this point, since we don't even have a definite lock on what the game will feature in the near future. You should probably ask this again once Career mode is fleshed out enough that we have actual missions we can run...

I would, but I bought KSP before May 1st of 2013.:) (I believe anyone who bought it before then are entitled to get any expansions for free)

I'm also in the same category... But if it ever happened, I would pay money :) to support the devs.

Kinda hard to reply to that when we have no idea what content a possible DLC would bring.. It really depends on the content if they even release a DLC....

I know, I am looking for the general consensus of the community on purchasing expansions or KSP

Not paying more than $5 for something they decided to leave outside the main game. DLC (even if cosmetic) culture is part of the cancer killing videogames.

Even if it was... (looks around) Multipla...*static* (body hits the floor)

Not paying more than $5 for something they decided to leave outside the main game. DLC (even if cosmetic) culture is part of the cancer killing videogames.

As explained here, there's really no need to worry about that. I doubt they're going to do the "Special Part for only 6.95!" thing.:rolleyes:

As explained here, there's really no need to worry about that. I doubt they're going to do the "Special Part for only 6.95!" thing.:rolleyes:

Thank you for adding that! Yes, SQUAD is not going to release "3 meter DLC only 3.99!" or a couple of maps with zombies :wink:

I bought it in January, so free DLC for me :D! I wouldn't mind playing a few more dollars (10 or under) for DLC, unless it was absolutely stupid. (2.5 meter LV-N! Only 7.99! or better physics engine 9.99!) NOPE

But I'll buy something like MORE Gas giants! Only 9.99!

I'd gladly buy DLC (once KSP is done) for $20 or less. Unfortunately, I bought KSP almost a year ago, and in March there was the decision to let anyone who bought before May get free DLC and Expansions, which is not something I think we deserve.

I may be a frugal person, but I'm not a fan of the decision to give pre-May 2013 purchasers free expansions. I try to spend as little as I can, but if someone clearly puts a lot of effort into something that I think could be worth a lot more and then is essentially forced to give it away then I won't support it.

Very probably. The price point would only determine how long after release until I bought it. (saving up/ waiting for the price to drop... or a steam sale)

But anyway this is a little too early to be thinking about the price of an expansion. Their thoughts on expansions that they have shared with us is that they might do them down the road and maybe it would be other solar systems or maybe something else entirely.

Even if it was... (looks around) Multipla...*static* (body hits the floor)

It would be even worse if it was multiplayer.

Thank you for adding that! Yes, SQUAD is not going to release "3 meter DLC only 3.99!" or a couple of maps with zombies :wink:

Still, they would be supporting the DLC/Expansion pack culture I talked about before.

I really couldn't say until the game is done.

As it is, the $23 price for an Alpha build of a game seems a little steep to me, on principle if nothing else (I really do love the game).

If, down the road, KSP is a finished polished product, and they start putting out content packs, I would probably get them. I'd pay as much as $15 certainly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.