[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

I'm having a problem with this mod, it's effecting the aerodynamics in a weird way. It's causing my rocket to flip out of control for some reason, even though the rocket is capable of flight without this mod. I have a mk16 on the nose cone, and it causes the rocket to flip downwards for no reason. Hope there's a fix for this, really love this mod.

1.0 added a new stock chute: the Mk12-R radial drogue chute. The new part is still using the stock chute module after installing RealChute. Looks like we'll need to add a new ModuleManager patch for it.

._. Can't believe I forgot that. I'll add this when sumghai finishes the new DDS textures.

I'm having a problem with this mod, it's effecting the aerodynamics in a weird way. It's causing my rocket to flip out of control for some reason, even though the rocket is capable of flight without this mod. I have a mk16 on the nose cone, and it causes the rocket to flip downwards for no reason. Hope there's a fix for this, really love this mod.

Read.

Is the small stack chute coming back? I like that one to make Mercury/Gemini type craft. I haven't played KSP since 0.23 so I forgive me if this has been answered before.

The parts now have procedural sizes. After you place the stack chute part, you can scale it to the size you're looking for from the configuration window in the action groups tab.

The parts now have procedural sizes. After you place the stack chute part, you can scale it to the size you're looking for from the configuration window in the action groups tab.

Awesome thanks! I saw something in there about adding tri-chutes, this is awesome. Thanks again.

In case anyone else had this issue (100% not RealChute issue):

I was using the Phoenix Industries Stock Bug Fix Modules that included a fix for the parachute drag to make them more in-line with what they should of been (while I was waiting for RealChute, of course!). When I installed the newest version of RealChute and tried to load a ship, the game would never load the ship -- only showing a black screen with "NULL" on altitude, speed, and etc. I went and deleted the parachute fix folder from the StockBugFixModules, flushed my PartDatabase.cfg file, and then everything is working again.

Again, RealChute just plain rocks and this is in no way a RealChute issue; just posting in case someone else might of done this and has unexpected issues!

- - - Updated - - -

Is the 1.0 compatible version out yet? Cause looking at the posts could you talking about it but i was unable to find a link?

Thanks

P.S. The mod is great

/facepalm :sealed:

Yes it is out. The download link is on the first page in the OP, as always.

Here: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/71

First bug reports

1) What I found is real chute parts are not recognized by the Engineer helper, he still advises to install chutes.

- update -

2) Seems like the mod is still multiplying its icons in the stock toolbar after each scene change.

8LM8swc.png?2

3) Also, I'm getting spams of this NRE when I take stock chutes from the parts tab in the editor:

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RealChute.EditorGUI.RenderGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealChute.ProceduralChute.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

My output_log.txt

Edited by Enceos

First bug reports

1) What I found is real chute parts are not recognized by the Engineer helper, he still advises to install chutes.

- update -

2) Seems like the mod is still multiplying its icons in the stock toolbar after each scene change.

http://i.imgur.com/8LM8swc.png?2

3) Also, I'm getting spams of this NRE when I take stock chutes from the parts tab in the editor:

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RealChute.EditorGUI.RenderGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealChute.ProceduralChute.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

My output_log.txt

I am also getting the icon duplication, so it isn't just Enceos.

Great mod, (not so)Stupid Chris, this was a real cherry on the FAR whipped cream.

Make sure you have the latest version installed. The icon duplication issue was fixed in the last update, it specifically says so in the changelog.

and Stupid_Chris has plans to subscribe RealChute's chutes to the engineer's report.

It pays to read a couple pages back to see if someone else has reported this issue before you, especially after a new version of KSP comes out.

I'm running into a problem on the previous version (won't upgrade to 1.0 until all my favorite mods are upgraded) wherein the realchutes panel in the action groups editor doesn't show up when I click on a part with the real chutes module. I've read earlier in this thread that when AVC finds a compatibility error, real chutes won't load, but that leaves me wondering how I'm supposed to fix this without updating to the newer version designed for 1.0 since I'm still on 0.90? I guess that's the first question, with the second being, is this really the cause of the issue? I've had this problem intermittently in the past while using this version, so I'm not really sure if the new version release is the real culprit...

Make sure you have the latest version installed. The icon duplication issue was fixed in the last update, it specifically says so in the changelog.

and Stupid_Chris has plans to subscribe RealChute's chutes to the engineer's report.

It pays to read a couple pages back to see if someone else has reported this issue before you, especially after a new version of KSP comes out.

I'm using what CKAN gave me, seems it has troubles updating mods in time.

I'm using what CKAN gave me, seems it has troubles updating mods in time.

Yeah I had to go to this thread's OP to get the latest version.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm running into a problem on the previous version (won't upgrade to 1.0 until all my favorite mods are upgraded) wherein the realchutes panel in the action groups editor doesn't show up when I click on a part with the real chutes module. I've read earlier in this thread that when AVC finds a compatibility error, real chutes won't load, but that leaves me wondering how I'm supposed to fix this without updating to the newer version designed for 1.0 since I'm still on 0.90? I guess that's the first question, with the second being, is this really the cause of the issue? I've had this problem intermittently in the past while using this version, so I'm not really sure if the new version release is the real culprit...

Sorry, but I don't think that stupid_chris is going to go out of his way to help you with an old version of RealChute.

When I installed the newest version of RealChute and tried to load a ship, the game would never load the ship -- only showing a black screen with "NULL" on altitude, speed, and etc. I went and deleted the parachute fix folder from the StockBugFixModules, flushed my PartDatabase.cfg file, and then everything is working again.

Thank you for pointing this out. Same thing happened to me, so I (disappointedly) removed RealChutes as it was the last thing I'd added. Thanks.

I've yet to come across the issues with NaN altitude and black screen, the latest version works just fine. Though the icon at the Space Center that is the options icon seems to have disappeared entirely......

Edit: Seems to be randomly disappearing at times, weird. Reloading the game brought it back.....

Delete the GameData/StockBugFixModules/ParachuteFix/ folder. Holyvision pointed this out, and it fixed that bug for me.

Thanks for this tip. I was getting the same issue, and was really believing the issue to be RealChute. It was only seeming to happen when I had the RealChute conical chutes on a vessel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.