[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

I can't get this mod to work no matter what I do, maybe I am installing it wrong or something. Whenever it is installed my game instantly gets in the Not Responding state. I have tried the regular (x64 & x86) and the aggressive (x64 & x86), and can never reach the loading screen without the game becoming unresponsive. Does anyone know the possible solution?

So I'm running into an issue and need some help.

after using the "aggressive" manager...turns out I really didn't need it (was just testing it out) my skybox is completely blurry and most of my stock textures are at what looks like less than 256. I've done a clean install, even went as far as going into the registry to delete everything kerbal related but to no avail (everything is still blurry and such).

I'm out of ideas and I'm hoping maybe you know where the stock texture files are or what I can do to fix this.

fixed. It was a problem with AMD Catalyst. For anyone with similar blurry texture issues on an AMD, go to the gaming tab --> 3D Application Settings ---> I reset everything back to default and have no issues now.

Sorry for the earlier post.

Hey Rbray89, i'm suggesting in the Add-on Affairs a mod that remove all the textures and put in place a good and vibrant shaders, with basic colours.

But i ask you, could your mod do that, is that an easy task, thinking your mod could be in half won of implementing this, but i don't understand, so i ask you.

Could you doo that? Would you?

I think without textures we would have a super light version for high FPS, and in addiction, may it be cooler. So, flat colours, but good ones, maybe some edit in the shaders to made it cool. Cartoonish or metalish.

But don't bother with me, just if you buy the idea.

Cheers!

Hey Rbray89, i'm suggesting in the Add-on Affairs a mod that remove all the textures and put in place a good and vibrant shaders, with basic colours.

But i ask you, could your mod do that, is that an easy task, thinking your mod could be in half won of implementing this, but i don't understand, so i ask you.

Could you doo that? Would you?

I think without textures we would have a super light version for high FPS, and in addiction, may it be cooler. So, flat colours, but good ones, maybe some edit in the shaders to made it cool. Cartoonish or metalish.

But don't bother with me, just if you buy the idea.

Cheers!

I assume you mean like the minecraft shader mods? Make the rendering like Borderlands or Paper Mario? Yeah, it is doable... I am actually replacing the shaders in EVE with their generic counterparts to re-introduce depth buffer writing,

But this would probably be better in either Texture Replacer or an EVE-like mod. You might want to get in-touch with Shaw. He is the author of the Texture replacer mod.

Great, i do that, and thank you by your attention Rbray89.

I never think about the heavy strokes like real cartoon, but only the flat colour in place of all textures, using the faces to do the appearance, like in windows, that face use yellowish, etc.

Thank you any way. I will get to him.

;)

For some reason, every ATM mod after Release 3-1 doesn't work, it always a CTD for me when the game loads up. I use x64 btw. I'll test the later versions when they get released but i'll stick with 3-1 till then, it still does the job

For some reason, every ATM mod after Release 3-1 doesn't work, it always a CTD for me when the game loads up. I use x64 btw. I'll test the later versions when they get released but i'll stick with 3-1 till then, it still does the job

Try removing the ATM folder completely, and make sure to copy the BoulderCo folder as well.

I just did a clean install of KSP and non of the ATM files are working for me. My game stops responding as soon as the initial loading screen appears. Any ideas? No other mods installed, I wanted to update this and when I did my game stopped working.

I just did a clean install of KSP and non of the ATM files are working for me. My game stops responding as soon as the initial loading screen appears. Any ideas? No other mods installed, I wanted to update this and when I did my game stopped working.

Are the BoulderCo configs in-place? When exactly does it stop responding? After the splash screen or before? Did you grab the right one for your ksp install (x64 for x64 KSP and x86 for 32 bit KSP)?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again for your continued commitment Rbray :)
Thank you for this Mod. I cant imagine how often i would bang my head against the table without it. 30 Mods an still run with only 3GB Ram. It would terrible to decide which mod to keep and which to delete when this mod wouldn't exist.

No problem :) I hope to get enough time at some point and squeeze more memory by using a dynamic loading mechanism.

rbray,

For those mods that do not yet have ATM configs, is creating one as simple as this:

GameData/BoulderCo/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/ATM_<insert relevant mod name>.cfg

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG

{

folder = <insert mod folder here>

enabled = true

NORMAL_LIST

{

texture = <insert GameData folder path here>/filename_NRM.ext

texture = <insert GameData folder path here>/model##

}

}

rbray,

For those mods that do not yet have ATM configs, is creating one as simple as this:

GameData/BoulderCo/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/ATM_<insert relevant mod name>.cfg

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG

{

folder = <insert mod folder here>

enabled = true

NORMAL_LIST

{

texture = <insert GameData folder path here>/filename_NRM.ext

texture = <insert GameData folder path here>/model##

}

}

Pretty much, but you only need to specify a normal section if the file doesn't end in _NRM, and you only need to do it for textures, not models.

If you have any other specific requirements (eg. no resizing, extra scaling, etc.) you will want an OVERRIDES section (look at BouderCo as an example).

Pretty much, but you only need to specify a normal section if the file doesn't end in _NRM, and you only need to do it for textures, not models.

If you have any other specific requirements (eg. no resizing, extra scaling, etc.) you will want an OVERRIDES section (look at BouderCo as an example).

Yeah I just discovered the need for that section. Fusebox causes a CTD during load with out the OVERRIDES. (I imagine other similar plugins like Toolbar need them).

Thank you, for this it has made a significant difference in my game state.

To others, if you have mods which have not incorporated an ATM config. Make one. You thought you were saving ... just watch what happens when you do.