[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

would it work if i entered a value of lets say. 1.6 instead of 2 for rescaling? after all, the texture would still have the same ratio and some texturepacks use textures that aren't like 256².

would it work if i entered a value of lets say. 1.6 instead of 2 for rescaling? after all, the texture would still have the same ratio and some texturepacks use textures that aren't like 256².

No, sorry.

The error you get from your OS has nothing to do with what crashed Unity. Check the output_log.txt (in KSP_Data) and go to the bottom. Scroll up until you see Crash!!! and right above it should say what made it crash. If what made it crash is you being out of memory, then ATM can help.

Do I choose the mod depending on the game bit version or OS? I mean I got the 32bit game but my OS is 64bit.

Also, I didn't quite get it. This mod will change how things look?

Edited by MrUberGr

The error you get from your OS has nothing to do with what crashed Unity. Check the output_log.txt (in KSP_Data) and go to the bottom. Scroll up until you see Crash!!! and right above it should say what made it crash. If what made it crash is you being out of memory, then ATM can help.

Ok. I opened output_log.txt and found where it says "Crash!!!". The lines directly above that are:

RemoteTech: NetworkManager: SatelliteUnregister(VesselSatellite(Ike Sat I, 519be5ac-813e-4e1f-82e4-d61d4d07b53d))

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)
[Kethane] Saving settings

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)
UnloadTime: 103.981758 ms
Crash!!!

I'm not really sure what this means though.

chrisl: ok, nothing super obvious. Make a thread in the Support (modded install) forum and follow the guidelines and we'll try to sort it out.

MrUberGr: Game version. This mod will change how things look only in aggressive mode (which auto-resizes textures to reduce memory usage and increase performance). In either basic or aggressive, the point of this mod is to decrease KSP memory usage, which will prevent crashes.

Can someone help me with adding more mods to this? I would like to use ATM with Planet Factory, MKS etc. I've tried copying the config and renaming it to the folder that the mod is in and have had no luck with it compressing the textures. I'm most likely doing something wrong.

Can someone help me with adding more mods to this? I would like to use ATM with Planet Factory, MKS etc. I've tried copying the config and renaming it to the folder that the mod is in and have had no luck with it compressing the textures. I'm most likely doing something wrong.

Nevermind. Figured it out :) I wasn't placing the .cfg's in the correct folder. Figured they went into the ActiveTextureManagment/ folder lol. They were hiding in BoulderCo/

I'm curious if, once I've run KSP once with this mod enabled, and i add no more parts, if I can then remove the mod to save load time. Which is to say, are the compressed textures re-stored as compressed textures, or does this need to re-compress the textures on every game start?

Thanks for this, really helps memory useage! :D

I'm curious if, once I've run KSP once with this mod enabled, and i add no more parts, if I can then remove the mod to save load time. Which is to say, are the compressed textures re-stored as compressed textures, or does this need to re-compress the textures on every game start?

Thanks for this, really helps memory useage! :D

compressed textures are cached to actually speed up loading time compared to stock.

I'm new to KSP and have not really done any modding before. This mod has me stumped. How exactly do I install this mod and know if I did it correctly? Please help me out!

You don't need to install this mod unless you're using a LOT of other mods, or heavy part mods like B9. If you're starting modding your game don't start here!

However all you need to do to install a mod is unpack the correct folder into your gamedata folder. It's not always super obvious which folder to unzip but usually the modder either puts a helpful text file in the mod, or you can just unzip whatever folder is in the zip file, into the gamedata folder.

You don't need to install this mod unless you're using a LOT of other mods, or heavy part mods like B9. If you're starting modding your game don't start here!

However all you need to do to install a mod is unpack the correct folder into your gamedata folder. It's not always super obvious which folder to unzip but usually the modder either puts a helpful text file in the mod, or you can just unzip whatever folder is in the zip file, into the gamedata folder.

So it's the same as any other mod? just drag and merge it with the GameData folder right?

I'm just looking for something to reduce the textures. I've got a couple of mods installed already and the graphics set to the lowest setting. I'm just trying to get the game to run smoothly.

I already have a few mods installed, but my game is running slow. I already have the graphics set to the lowest possible. I'm just looking for something to help the game run smoother. And when I unzip this mod into the gamedata folder and run KSP. The game just freezes at the start up loading screen.