[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Every time I install EL I have to go into each part.cfg file and change the texture and model paths because they are all set to ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/(partname)/(partname) and this is so annoying. I have to take out the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/ part because, of course, I DO NOT name the folder that KSP is installed in as "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads". Please fix this.

Also, this has caused the Launchpad to never show up in the list of parts. I finally got everything else to show up, even the Launchpad2, but the normal Launchpad never shows up. Could someone provide me their Launchpad part folder so I could get it working?

Thank you.

Every time I install EL I have to go into each part.cfg file and change the texture and model paths because they are all set to ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/(partname)/(partname) and this is so annoying. I have to take out the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/ part because, of course, I DO NOT name the folder that KSP is installed in as "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads". Please fix this.

Also, this has caused the Launchpad to never show up in the list of parts. I finally got everything else to show up, even the Launchpad2, but the normal Launchpad never shows up. Could someone provide me their Launchpad part folder so I could get it working?

Thank you.

What? You just drop the extraplanetary launchpads folder under gamedata and boom everything works.

Thank you.

Yeah, definitely sounds like you're trying to install in some weird and unusual new way.

I have to take out the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/ part because, of course, I DO NOT name the folder that KSP is installed in as "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads". Please fix this.

No, you install EL correctly: just unzip the package in GameData and everything will be fine. If you insist on moving things around, then it is your responsibility to fix anything that breaks, not mine.

So do I need to put the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads folder INSIDE the GameData folder, or do the contents of the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads folder (i.e., the Internals, Parts, Plugins, and other folders) need to be merged with the already existing Internals, Parts, Plugins, etc. folders already inside the GameData folder?

EDIT: I just tried both, and placing the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads folder inside GameData works. Several new Hex Cans showed up in the parts list but I still only have one launchpad and that's Launchpad2. Launchpad "one" still does not show up, even though the part folder for it is present in the Parts folder.

Also, the reason I installed it wrong is because the instructions in the readme file are not helpful at all. They read "Copy the contents of the GameData folder into KSP's GameData folder." There is no GameData folder inside the zip file, it's just the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads folder, and the contents of the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads folder has folders that have the same names as the folders inside Kerbal's GameData folder, so without knowing that it's okay to put the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads folder inside GameData I can only assume that I have to put the files in ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Internals into the KSP/Internals folder and so on. Thank you for letting me know I can copy the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads folder into the GameData folder, that saved a lot of headache.

Edited by trind

your supposed to unpack each mod main folder in your gamedata as GAMEDATA/EPL/*NOT ANOTHER FOLDER NAMED GAMEDATA, GO DOWN MORE*

So you have a zip, inside of it there is a folder, and then it goes down to gamedata/mod/, its a copy of the arborescence of KSP, so you can merge things, not mix them up more :D

I saw some package that are like that MODNAME/GAMEDATA/MODNAME/ACTUALMODFILES&FOLDER

I'm sure you can do the rest of the math... if you have PART,PLUGIN,SPACES,PROPS or stuff like that directly in your main data you went to far down ....

Edited by Saint-Stanislas

Hello,

Not sure if you have done this but please remove this DLL; it may be a violation of license or you may have had permission to use it but since the KSPAPIEXT.DLL Part Extensions has a seperate install it is best to remove it; I couldnt figure out why I had an error; thanks.

If this has been removed in updates please ignore thanks !

Awesome mod keep up the good work; I havnt been able to get it to work let alone barely try it out but I hope to soon and it is mart of my install !

Cmdr Zeta

Hi all,

I have been working on my Multipurpose Colony Modules mod for awhile, it's a mod that extends the USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) mod by RoverDude. I've really enjoyed playing with Extraplanetary Launchpads and created some parts that complemented the mod, including an inflatable orbital dockyard, a workshop, and storage facilities that are more stock-like in appearance. Someone on my thread suggested that I create a stand-alone mod with the docks, and I thought I'd see if there were others interested as well. To see what I'm talking about, here are a couple of images:

UCCCXLQ.png

iauEynM.png

I appreciate the feedback, and thanks for creating such a great mod!

Hi all,

I have been working on my Multipurpose Colony Modules mod for awhile, it's a mod that extends the USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) mod by RoverDude. I've really enjoyed playing with Extraplanetary Launchpads and created some parts that complemented the mod, including an inflatable orbital dockyard, a workshop, and storage facilities that are more stock-like in appearance. Someone on my thread suggested that I create a stand-alone mod with the docks, and I thought I'd see if there were others interested as well. To see what I'm talking about, here are a couple of images:

http://i.imgur.com/UCCCXLQ.png

http://i.imgur.com/iauEynM.png

I appreciate the feedback, and thanks for creating such a great mod!

Yep i think they would be widely used i for one would use them....then again the only mod im now waiting for is yours MCM so would be using them anyway when that gets updated

Hello,

Not sure if you have done this but please remove this DLL; it may be a violation of license or you may have had permission to use it but since the KSPAPIEXT.DLL Part Extensions has a seperate install it is best to remove it; I couldnt figure out why I had an error; thanks.

If this has been removed in updates please ignore thanks !

Awesome mod keep up the good work; I havnt been able to get it to work let alone barely try it out but I hope to soon and it is mart of my install !

Cmdr Zeta

Huh? The key feature of KSPAPIEXT.DLL is including it in other mods. Go read the OP of the thread. Not to mention that as of right now Taniwha is taking care of the maintenance of KSPAPIEXT.DLL so he'd be on top of the changes.

Side note (since we're cross mod posting) EPL support is now in the box with MKS/OKS :)

Here's the mobile launch platform and workshop :D

http://i.imgur.com/HipMQak.png

Please elaborate on the "in the box" aspect.

Does this mean it comes with alternative launchpads and modules or does it make EPL obsolete?

Or is it even an entirely different system altogether?

Please elaborate on the "in the box" aspect.

Does this mean it comes with alternative launchpads and modules or does it make EPL obsolete?

Or is it even an entirely different system altogether?

It comes with alternate parts, and MM configs for EL that hide some of the original parts. EL is still required. It does not make EL obsolete, just extends it's functionality to better suit MKS (basically getting rid of parts that let you go from Ore->Metal->RocketParts, and adding a larger production chain).

Do we still need wombat conversions, or does this serve the same purpose as that?

They do similar things. If you like the EL resource chain, Wombat's is what you want. If you prefer a longer, multi-resource production chain, then the built in MKS stuff is what you want. If you use MKS, mine makes more sense. If you do not use MKS but use Karbonite, use Wombat's.

Omg, I swear you sleep like 6 hours a day and mod 15 hours a day.assuming you eat meals away from the computer, otherwise I believe you mod 18 hours a day.

I have a full time job, two kids, and play in an indie rock band :P But I only sleep four hours a day.

It comes with alternate parts, and MM configs for EL that hide some of the original parts. EL is still required. It does not make EL obsolete, just extends it's functionality to better suit MKS (basically getting rid of parts that let you go from Ore->Metal->RocketParts, and adding a larger production chain).

They do similar things. If you like the EL resource chain, Wombat's is what you want. If you prefer a longer, multi-resource production chain, then the built in MKS stuff is what you want. If you use MKS, mine makes more sense. If you do not use MKS but use Karbonite, use Wombat's.

I have a full time job, two kids, and play in an indie rock band :P But I only sleep four hours a day.

If I could request one thing (you may already be doing it this way), it would be that if you're doing anything more than hiding the parts that let you use EPL's chains, do it via an MM config or something, so that those of us who haven't quite figured out MKS's whole chain yet can use it AND use the EPL Ore->Metal->Parts chain while we're learning!

If you're only doing what you say (hiding some of those parts via config), then no problem - I can just remove that part of the MM config and it'll all be gravy.

dunno, but it says its outdated, after I updtated kspapiextensions. my best bet is no.

To be fair, that outdated mods message on load is wrong more often than not and I wish there were a way to disable it.

That said, I just tried EPL in 0.90 and not only did it not work, it broke everything else as well. So I'd recommend waiting for an update.