Milestone Reached - 0.23 is Now in Experimentals Phase

SQUAD

If you think of marketing you want to have as much attention as possible before you release a product. Yes, all of us on these forums begging for updates will know within 24 hours (more like 2 - 4 hours for most of us :P) but for the people who have never heard of KSP, it makes more sense to gain as much publicity before releasing an update.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to build publicity before the release of a game in development. A lot of players may be turned off by getting started in one system, then having that system suddenly change and have to start all over. I think would make sense to release the update and then publicize the bajeezus out of the game.

But since the game is still in development... publicity probably isn't as important as it would be in a finalized game.

Regardless, sooner the better: I'm getting antsy for science labs and movable reports.

In that case you might see a new planet or moon. Alternatively, we could see more planets and moons get the new procedural terrain and biome maps.

I thought all planets' terrains were already procedurally generated. Which ones aren't yet?

Btw, I'd love to see Laythe getting some terrain detail love.

I thought all planets' terrains were already procedurally generated. Which ones aren't yet?

Btw, I'd love to see Laythe getting some terrain detail love.

They are, but they haven't all been upgraded to the same standard yet.

Yes! It's already partially implemented too- ever notice the radar altimeter in the IVA views of the lander cans? It does just that if you don't mind landing from inside the craft. Would be a great addition to the normal view for those that like landing in the 3rd person view.

Correction to my previous post: "next release window" is a reasonable day to release, which means Monday through Wednesday, which means this coming week. The reason why Friday is not a reasonable day to release is that it is just before the weekend, so if there are major bugs that have gone undetected they would not be dealt with for a few days.

It is also not reasonable to expect a release of Kerbal Space Program during the Jade Rabbit landing, because everyone will be watching it. Right? Right?

If I back-up my saves, and re-load them after the update, will my craft in orbit survive?

If you have all parts packs successfully loaded then most likely.

Whether they have all functionality that they did before depends on whether you also have all plugins successfully loaded.

I'd say in order of importance, parts packs then plugins. (reason I say this is because if you are missing any parts then the craft won't load at all. If you are only missing plugins, it mostly doesn't hurt it, it will just be missing functionality. Mostly)

Just remember that neither success nor failure are guaranteed after an update. (unless you are explicitly told that an update will break your saves. And, sometimes not even then as in the case of 0.21 which we were told would break saves and which some people still believe but 0.21 can still convert and load pre-0.21 saves, usually)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.