What will be the first thing you will do in 0.23?

astropapi1

Wait for Kerbal Engineer to be update first,

then with ability to transfer science. I will start a new career, unlock stuff and go to Duna.

Maybe set a science lab station over Kerbin, Mun, Minmus and Duna as well.

Also test out a new SABRE engine. I want to use it on Laythe.

First thing I will do is see how high I can get a rocket to go, consisting of parachute-mk1pod-small srb, by tweaking the maximum thrust. My theory is that by limiting the thrust, the SRB will burn longer and won't work so hard pushing through the lower atmosphere.

First thing I will do is see how high I can get a rocket to go, consisting of parachute-mk1pod-small srb, by tweaking the maximum thrust. My theory is that by limiting the thrust, the SRB will burn longer and won't work so hard pushing through the lower atmosphere.

You want to go at terminal velocity at all times, that way you aren't shoving against the atmosphere, but aren't letting it keep your speed low (rockets are more efficient when they are moving fast)

probably try out the new science stuff and build more stations. It never seemed worth building stations before, but with this lab it might be. ALso might be worth building a science base and a rover, the rover perhaps could go explore different biomes then return to the lab to reset the experiments. Although it would be a long drive it might be worth doing.

Gonna ignore 0.23

Science stuff is awesome, looking forward to labs and transferring experiments next time I get around to starting a new career, but nothing I actually need right this moment since like everyone else my designs are based on not being able to move science, so I dont.

Otherwise nothing i'm interested enough in to actually update anytime soon. The single greatest draw for me is actually: the science library showing what has been gathered. If I restart my career it will be for that feature alone.

Start a new career, of course (it isn't like I've gotten all that far with my most recent one anyway). I am a science hoarder, so I am pretty excited about the updates to science and how it's gathered.

Update my mod, mess around until RSS gets updated, then start another sandbox save in an upscaled Kerbin system.

Appropriate forum to make this statement be damned, I just want to say, Regex, how much I love your PreciseNode mod. I no longer have a hate/hate relationship with trying to fine-tune my maneuver nodes for lengthy trips. I'm selfishly glad your first order of business is making sure PreciseNode is 0.23-compatible. :)

If I need to do career mode again, I'll do it, if not, then I'll probably first place an itsy bitsy satellite on the border of Kerbin's SOI and then start building a large orbital station resembling ISS, with science modules and empty tanks.

What would be the use? It's harder and less efficient to reach than a station in low Kerbin orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.