[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

Anyone who has been using LayeredAnimators to fix the centrifuge rotation+inflation issue will need to do the following when updating to KSP 1.0.5

1. Do NOT install Layered Animators with KSP 1.0.5. (if it is installed, uninstall it)
  2. Create a file named CentrifugeFix.cfg anywhere in your GameData folder. (requires ModuleManager)
  3. Edit CentrifugeFix.cfg and paste the following into it:
  4. If Layered Animators is already installed and you're using KSP 1.0.5, delete it from your KSP 1.0.5 installation. It is no longer necessary

// This gets pasted into centrifuge1.cfg
@PART[centrifuge1]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric],0
	{
		%layer = 0
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric],1
	{
		%layer = 1
	}
}
Edited by Starwaster
fixed formatting. (for real this time)

[quote name='AJTheMighty']I hope this comes out before the end of the year...

I CANNOT WAIT ANY MOAR

ME WANTS A PRE RELEASE VERSION[/QUOTE]
Seriously you are just being annoying you have already posted you want it there is no more point to doing this other than to act very childish.

[quote name='Svm420']Seriously you are just being annoying you have already posted you want it there is no more point to doing this other than to act very childish.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I'm just 14, and I hope you understand I am not trying intentionally to be butthurt in any way. Some of us just cant wait for the release of most in-development mods, and lots of people are like that. If this goes on and on, I believe I must be banned forever. (THAT WAS A JOKE; DON'T BAN ME!!!! D: ) Edited by AJTheMighty

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2015, 8:26:57, Starwaster said:

Anyone who has been using LayeredAnimators to fix the centrifuge rotation+inflation issue will need to do the following when updating to KSP 1.0.5

2. Do NOT install Layered Animators with KSP 1.0.5. (if it is installed, uninstall it)
  3. Create a file named CentrifugeFix.cfg anywhere in your GameData folder. (requires ModuleManager)
  4. Edit CentrifugeFix.cfg and paste the following into it:

Ok. I am new to this mod, so should I install it without LayeredAnimators? I'm using KSP 1.0.5.  Also for this code, which sections should I copy and paste in? Some of that looks like BBCode to me. 

@PART[centrifuge1]

{

{

%layer = 0

}

}

@PART[centrifuge1]

{

{

%layer = 1

}

}

OK Should I install this mod without LayeredAnimators? I'm using KSP 1.0.5. Also which parts of the code here should I copy and paste? Some of that seems like BBCode to me. 
Edited by Delta_8930

On 26/11/2015, 06:28:52, AJTheMighty said:

[quote name='Svm420']Seriously you are just being annoying you have already posted you want it there is no more point to doing this other than to act very childish.

Sorry, I'm just 14, and I hope you understand I am not trying intentionally to be butthurt in any way. Some of us just cant wait for the release of most in-development mods, and lots of people are like that. If this goes on and on, I believe I must be banned forever. (THAT WAS A JOKE; DON'T BAN ME!!!! D: )

You're 14? You sounded more like a 5 year old to be honest.

On 12/11/2015 at 4:39 PM, Delta_8930 said:

Ok. I am new to this mod, so should I install it without LayeredAnimators? I'm using KSP 1.0.5.  Also for this code, which sections should I copy and paste in? Some of that looks like BBCode to me. 

Wow, the very first instruction says 'do not install Layered Animators with KSP 1.0.5. No qualifying statements to go with it, just don't do it.

The BB Code is because of forum migration. Here it is properly reformatted.

1. Do NOT install Layered Animators with KSP 1.0.5. (if it is installed, uninstall it)
  2. Create a file named CentrifugeFix.cfg anywhere in your GameData folder. (requires ModuleManager)
  3. Edit CentrifugeFix.cfg and paste the following into it:
  4. If Layered Animators is already installed and you're using KSP 1.0.5, delete it from your KSP 1.0.5 installation. It is no longer necessary
// This gets pasted into centrifuge1.cfg
@PART[centrifuge1]
{
	{
		%layer = 0
	}
	{
		%layer = 1
	}
}

Edited by Starwaster

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2015 at 3:45 AM, Atlas2342 said:

Umm, why can't I transfer crew to the FLAT module even though its inflated? If I try to board it manually, my kerbal just disappears inside. What gives??

He didn't disappear. If you want to extract him: click on the hatch and then click EVA on the menu that appears.

1 hour ago, Atlas2342 said:

There's no EVA button...It just says "locked"...:confused:

That's because you right clicked it. If I want a right click I'll say that ;)

Behold! You do it like this.

• Hover the mouse controller over the hatch. This works for every part that has a proper hatch (and the FLAT does)
  • When you're in the right place it will say on the screen 'Crew Hatch'
  • Left click while it says 'Crew Hatch'.
  • A menu will appear that has the part's name + Crew (so the FLAT will say Inflato Storage Container F.L.A.T Crew)
  • The menu will list each crew in the part and the buttons EVA and Transfer. If you want to put the crew member on EVA then click the EVA button. If you want to move him/her to another habitable part then click Transfer and then when prompted, click the part you want him transferred to. (valid destinations are highlighted in blue)

The reason you must do it like this is because the FLAT does not have an IVA. No IVA means no internal camera and no seats so no crew manifest in the lower right. This has always been true for every habitable part that lacks an IVA.

It is known.

10 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

That's because you right clicked it. If I want a right click I'll say that ;)

Behold! You do it like this.

• Hover the mouse controller over the hatch. This works for every part that has a proper hatch (and the FLAT does)
  • When you're in the right place it will say on the screen 'Crew Hatch'
  • Left click while it says 'Crew Hatch'.
  • A menu will appear that has the part's name + Crew (so the FLAT will say Inflato Storage Container F.L.A.T Crew)
  • The menu will list each crew in the part and the buttons EVA and Transfer. If you want to put the crew member on EVA then click the EVA button. If you want to move him/her to another habitable part then click Transfer and then when prompted, click the part you want him transferred to. (valid destinations are highlighted in blue)

The reason you must do it like this is because the FLAT does not have an IVA. No IVA means no internal camera and no seats so no crew manifest in the lower right. This has always been true for every habitable part that lacks an IVA.

It is known.

Yep, gonna try this later when i get home...

Thanks, Starwaster.....:D

It seems to work ok in 1.0.5, which is great because I love this mod. The only 'issue' I'm having is integration with Connected Living Space. This post and its response (from august) suggest there is a .cfg floating around somewhere. It's not on the CLS github, so I figured I'd ask about it here.

• 5 weeks later...

I have made a patch for anyone who wants to use the habitat pack with USI Life support. The inflatables get habitat space (proportional to their mass as usual) while the orbital orb gets a recycler:

Spoiler

// USI Life Support habitat and recycler functions for parts from
// Habitat Pack v0.41 by PorkJet

//Small Centrifuge
@PART[centrifuge1]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLifeSupport
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = ReplacementParts
        amount = 1900 //100 * crew capacity + 100 * Kerbal-Months
        maxAmount = 1900
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleHabitation
        KerbalMonths = 15 //mass * 5
    }
}

//Inflato Storage Container PA550
@PART[inflato1]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLifeSupport
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = ReplacementParts
        amount = 2600 //100 * crew capacity + 100 * Kerbal-Months
        maxAmount = 2600
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleHabitation
        KerbalMonths = 20 //mass * 5
    }
}

//Inflato Storage Container PA330
@PART[inflato2]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLifeSupport
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = ReplacementParts
        amount = 1650 //100 * crew capacity + 100 * Kerbal-Months
        maxAmount = 1650
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleHabitation
        KerbalMonths = 12.5 //mass * 5
    }
}

//Inflato Storage Container F.L.A.T
@PART[inflatoFlat]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLifeSupport
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = ReplacementParts
        amount = 2400 //100 * crew capacity + 100 * Kerbal-Months
        maxAmount = 2400
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleHabitation
        KerbalMonths = 20 //mass * 5
    }
}

//TMA-1 Orbital Orb
@PART[orbitalorb]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLifeSupport
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = ReplacementParts
        amount = 200 //100 * crew capacity + 100 * Kerbal-Months
        maxAmount = 200
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLifeSupportRecycler
        CrewCapacity = 3
        RecyclePercent = .75 //mass / crew capacity; max .75
        ConverterName = Life Support
        tag = Life Support
        StartActionName = Start Life Support
        StopActionName = Stop Life Support

INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = ElectricCharge
            Ratio = .6
        }
        INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = ReplacementParts
            Ratio = 0.000006
        }    
    }
}

• 3 weeks later...

All the parts in this mod except the TMA-1 is missing a crew capacity. I can't put kerbals in them in the VAB. It doesn't list a crew capacity and there are no slots in the Crew section of the VAB menu. Is there actually a limit to how many Kerbals can fit in these parts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.