[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

Those pictures look fabulous! I'm also curious to know how he did the animations, it looks like the individual mesh nodes are changed. I haven't had had much with that using 3DS MAX, Unity seems to ignore individual changes I make to the mesh nodes.

Edit: Just found this: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/1694

I think that will let me do per vetex animations! Sorry, this was off-topic, but I've been bugged by this for awhile. Anyway, the artwork on the new habitat pack looks fabulous! I continue to be inspired by the quality of PorkJet's work.

I'm skinning the mesh to do this. A bone is just a set of vertices with predefined amount of influence on their scale/rotation/position by the bone. For a capsule shaped inflatable, theres one bone for the center-core that stays unchanged, one for the middle canvas portion, which is beeing scaled for the animation, and one for the windows that is scaled only on one axis (so they retain at least their width/height). You can probably guess that this is quite time consuming and circumstantial to set up. For a centrfuge its a nightmare.

Unity's blendshapes, aka vertexmorphs, aka shapekeys or whatever different software calls them should be much easier to use for this, and I'll need to try to find out how to use that in KSP.

Q35vUFs.jpg

I'm skinning the mesh to do this. A bone is just a set of vertices with predefined amount of influence on their scale/rotation/position by the bone. For a capsule shaped inflatable, theres one bone for the center-core that stays unchanged, one for the middle canvas portion, which is beeing scaled for the animation, and one for the windows that is scaled only on one axis (so they retain at least their width/height). You can probably guess that this is quite time consuming and circumstantial to set up. For a centrfuge its a nightmare.

Unity's blendshapes, aka vertexmorphs, aka shapekeys or whatever different software calls them should be much easier to use for this, and I'll need to try to find out how to use that in KSP.

http://i.imgur.com/Q35vUFs.jpg

Oh, that makes a lot of sense, thank you for sharing that! :)

http://i.imgur.com/Q35vUFs.jpg

Amazing job Porkjet, CANNOT wait for those parts!

Good to have you posting again.

Porkjet, may I ask, what is the purpose of the "Artificial gravity" when we inflate the Centrifuge?

http://imgur.com/a/fZpyU

(6th or 7th image)

- - - Updated - - -

Also I can't wait to use (what I assume) 2.5m centrifuge.

Can't wait to make a Stockalike Hermes. :D

*Prays for this to be released in 1.0.5*

Good to have you posting again.

Porkjet, may I ask, what is the purpose of the "Artificial gravity" when we inflate the Centrifuge?

http://imgur.com/a/fZpyU

(6th or 7th image)

Roleplaying, I guess. Some mod like Kerb Fit could integrate it if the mod developer wants. Basically, the idea is that, in order to avoid long term exposure to microgravity, a rotating ring provides a similar force to gravity due the rotation force (assume the astronaut is, if looking at the ring topside, "laying down" instead of standing in it. So the ring rotates against him).

Since no mod nor the stock game simulate the effects of microgravity in the kerbonauts' health, it has no gameplay effect.

Right, but I don't think (but I don't know) if it "supports" this mod's centrifuge, ie, assume every kerbal in it is under 1G (or any other gravity if it can be tweaked)
Special extra bonus for using Habitat Pack, as Porkworks Centrifuge part is currently the only part configured by default to bestow EXERCISE on crew on missions

I don't use either mod, at the moment (I don't have the RAM budget, hurry up 1.1/Unity 5), but yeah. :D

Porkjet, I have a question for you:

I created a little base using the FLAT module. I load the Kerbals in, and they don't have the little blurb in the bottom right hand corner. It registers them as if they're there (because life support counts them as entities). What if I want to have one of them EVA out of the FLAT, how does one do that if I can't have them leave?

Porkjet, I have a question for you:

I created a little base using the FLAT module. I load the Kerbals in, and they don't have the little blurb in the bottom right hand corner. It registers them as if they're there (because life support counts them as entities). What if I want to have one of them EVA out of the FLAT, how does one do that if I can't have them leave?

Click the airlock like any other crew habitable part.

[quote name='Mr Betelgeuse']That's the thing; that isn't working.[/QUOTE]

Then either you're not clicking on the right area or something about your KSP installation is broken.

I just tried it just now and it works.

Left click on the hatch. (it's square, it's got rails to all four sides of it plus another hand hold and has yellow/black vertical stripes)

There are also three docking ports that have clamshell shields that open when the FLAT inflates. Do not click on the ports because they are only for docking to things and are not [I]hatches.

[/I]Edit: I even tried it in 1.0.5 Edited by Starwaster

[quote name='AJTheMighty']Just checking if theres any activity in this thread and progress on the new habitat pack.

If not, looks like this thread is DED. NOT BIG SURPRISE. (yay for 2fort references!)[/QUOTE]

Thread is not Dead. Porkjet and this thread is 100% active. If you didn't notice, Porkjet has been busy making .... New things for the Stock game. You can see some in 1.0.5 ( New MK1, New and Refurbished Engines, MK3 Ramp and more )

[quote name='SquaredSpekz']Thread is not Dead. Porkjet and this thread is 100% active. If you didn't notice, Porkjet has been busy making .... New things for the Stock game. You can see some in 1.0.5 ( New MK1, New and Refurbished Engines, MK3 Ramp and more )[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% -- and I'd rather see Porkjet take his time and deliver something truly awesome than rush a part-pack that needs fixing, and then updating when 1.1 comes out. Speaking of 1.1... one can only hope that if there is a Habitat Pack v2, it's going to be stock! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.