[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

What shield(s) are you using to protect it? I don't think any of the stock ones are large enough, nor are any that come with DRE (if you use that)

The largest shields in a x6 floral pattern; I also have retracted the centrifuge but it still overheats....

Pic related; my orbiter (the shields in front are to absorb the re-entry/aerobrake from atmospheric bodies for entry into various systems; Sarnus from OPM in this particular case).

screenshot159.png

The largest shields in a x6 floral pattern; I also have retracted the centrifuge but it still overheats....

Pic related; my orbiter (the shields in front are to absorb the re-entry/aerobrake from atmospheric bodies for entry into various systems; Sarnus from OPM in this particular case).

http://s17.postimg.org/5b2ptzd2n/screenshot159.png

ok stupid suggestion time.

Have you tried it inflated? (I think I know whats happening. I think its inflated/deflated drag cubes are swapped)

http://s17.postimg.org/5b2ptzd2n/screenshot159.png

This shield pattern won't work well, because KSP drag occlusion is not perfect - some items will fall in the gaps between heatshields and will start heating up even if visually they have no gaps, and visually they may not have flames (again, visual flame effect and internal physics heating using entirely different models)

Unfortunately The only way to ensure that all parts will be occluded is to have shield drag cube larger then any parts which is behind it - this will require to make them overlap massively. Or design ships in several parallel 3.5m max sections with own heatshield each.

Edited by RidingTheFlow

QUOTEarrow-10x10.png=Porkjet;881798]This pack provides a variety of habitat modules and base building parts to give players the ability to colonize space in a more realistic way.

Inflatable modules are compact on launch and can be deployed and loaded with crew in space, offering adequate living space and comfort for a plausible approach to space colonization.

http://imgur.com/a/uC66n

Part list:

Inflato Storage Container PA330

Medium inflatable living space.

Inflato Storage Container PA550

large inflatable living space.

Inflato Storage Container F.L.A.T

Toroidal hab, suitable for base building.

Low Profile Base Mount

Dedicated mount for building bases, can also be used for other things like small landers.

Small Centrifugium

rotating habitat that generates gravity through centripetal force.

TMA-1 Orbital Orb

Minimalistic but spacious command pod with large storage capacity.

Derived from the Soyuz orbital module and intended to provide some living space for small spacecraft.

Download dropboxarrow-10x10.png)

Plugins in use:

Habitat plugin, made from scratch by Sirkut (source included in download)

Firespitter plugin made by Snjo

LayeredAnimations by Starwaster

Changelog:
v0.41 / 13.06.2015
- compatibility[URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/#84969130"] update[img=http://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png][/URL] for 1.0.x

v0.4 / 23.04.2014
- new part: Base Mount for F.L.A.T hab
- redesigned PA550 model

v0.3 / 06.02.2014
- new part: F.L.A.T Inflatable hab

v0.2 / 26.01.2014
- new part: PA330 Inflatable hab
- added props to Orbital Orb

v0.1 / 01.01.2014
- Release
- Parts: PA550, Small Centrifuge, Orbital Orb

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Plugins:

Firespitter Plugin - made by Snjo

All rights to the included plugin are held by the original creator, for license information, please refer to the provided link.

QUOTEarrow-10x10.png]

What i love about this is one part.... The Centerfuge! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! I mean BobCat Made one but his mods are SOO out of date so i searched for a alteritive, This is what i found and im so happy :) I like how its stock-a-like As well as a bit of a modded touch. All in all My Fav Mod Other then mechjeb! (We all love mechjeb done we? Until he decides to blow u out the airlock :()

- - - Updated - - -

QUOTEarrow-10x10.png=Porkjet;881798]This pack provides a variety of habitat modules and base building parts to give players the ability to colonize space in a more realistic way.

Inflatable modules are compact on launch and can be deployed and loaded with crew in space, offering adequate living space and comfort for a plausible approach to space colonization.

http://imgur.com/a/uC66n

Part list:

Inflato Storage Container PA330

Medium inflatable living space.

Inflato Storage Container PA550

large inflatable living space.

Inflato Storage Container F.L.A.T

Toroidal hab, suitable for base building.

Low Profile Base Mount

Dedicated mount for building bases, can also be used for other things like small landers.

Small Centrifugium

rotating habitat that generates gravity through centripetal force.

TMA-1 Orbital Orb

Minimalistic but spacious command pod with large storage capacity.

Derived from the Soyuz orbital module and intended to provide some living space for small spacecraft.

Download dropboxarrow-10x10.png)

Plugins in use:

Habitat plugin, made from scratch by Sirkut (source included in download)

Firespitter plugin made by Snjo

LayeredAnimations by Starwaster

Changelog:
v0.41 / 13.06.2015
- compatibility[URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/#84969130"] update[img=http://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png][/URL] for 1.0.x

v0.4 / 23.04.2014
- new part: Base Mount for F.L.A.T hab
- redesigned PA550 model

v0.3 / 06.02.2014
- new part: F.L.A.T Inflatable hab

v0.2 / 26.01.2014
- new part: PA330 Inflatable hab
- added props to Orbital Orb

v0.1 / 01.01.2014
- Release
- Parts: PA550, Small Centrifuge, Orbital Orb

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Plugins:

Firespitter Plugin - made by Snjo

All rights to the included plugin are held by the original creator, for license information, please refer to the provided link.

QUOTEarrow-10x10.png]

What i love about this is one part.... The Centerfuge! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! I mean BobCat Made one but his mods are SOO out of date so i searched for a alteritive, This is what i found and im so happy :) I like how its stock-a-like As well as a bit of a modded touch. All in all My Fav Mod Other then mechjeb! (We all love mechjeb done we? Until he decides to blow u out the airlock :()

Also Longest Post :D (Not to brag dou)

[

[

Edited by Starslinger999

is there any mod which makes living spaces usefull?

something like:

kerbals do not feel good in cramped places over long times, such that you need to have this bigger living space, or it costs reputation

kerbal in non- or lower-gravity degenerate, such that you need living space with sport equipment or rotating stuff

something like that?

• 1 month later...

Those pictures look fabulous! I'm also curious to know how he did the animations, it looks like the individual mesh nodes are changed. I haven't had had much with that using 3DS MAX, Unity seems to ignore individual changes I make to the mesh nodes.

Edit: Just found this: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/1694

I think that will let me do per vetex animations! Sorry, this was off-topic, but I've been bugged by this for awhile. Anyway, the artwork on the new habitat pack looks fabulous! I continue to be inspired by the quality of PorkJet's work.

Edited by Angel-125

Those pictures look fabulous! I'm also curious to know how he did the animations, it looks like the individual mesh nodes are changed. I haven't had had much with that using 3DS MAX, Unity seems to ignore individual changes I make to the mesh nodes.

I'd like to know this as well.

I tried doing an animation in blender using shapekeys a while back, but unity wasnt having any of it, so I scrapped my project.

For those unsure where to find the new pictures, here.

Hot damn, they're sweet :cool:

I can't wait for this either!

Porkjet's being too awesome for me to keep up with!

There's too much awesomeness! What do I do?

Wait, what about the other parts? You know, the handy compact landing legs and the orbital orb. Are they just not done yet or are they not being revamped? I would really like to see a new orbital orb.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy wow! Porkjet pleeease add a viewport in the centrifuges. Sitting in IVA and watching the ship rotate beneath you will be so awesome

That would be kind of hard to do, I imagine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.