Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

tiHk8CE.png

eVY9Qoa.png

That is my attempt at a 100% scale Appollo 15-17 (rover included). I get about 2 fps (20% of my minimum ok fps) with it, on a 64 bit windows with 8 gigs of ram... I should turn down the graphics settings from max. You don't know lag until you try to run this on a tiny laptop with graphics all set to maxium. I would have used a kronal screenshot for the Saturn V, but apparentlly, crafts must be smaller than the vab/sph for kronal to work :mad:

Edited by LABHOUSE

I'm thinking abut releasing this... it might be simple, but that is precisely the point: a monolithic, cool-looking station whose core is only 75 parts (less than most ships visiting it, so it can actually serve as a docking hub with little added lag). The fuel modules are sold separately.

OnI5KMB.png

6zeqqUl.png

What do you guys think, worthy of its own post? It could use an explanation, in the sense that it relies heavily in fitting very well with my Modular Propulsion System. Which, by the way, I should re-upload, because the 0.90 update glitched the probes a lot, reassigning some probe cores to not having reaction wheels. Oh, and if you notice that the placement of the science module is different in the two pictures, I'm still deciding which order everything goes. And I think I'm setting the docking arms at 45º, too. Suggestions are welcome.

Rune. I'll get right on that one, should be fixed by the time you read this.

That is my attempt at a 100% scale Appollo 15-17 (rover included). I get about 2 fps (20% of my minimum ok fps) with it, on a 64 bit windows with 8 gigs of ram... I should turn down the graphics settings from max. You don't know lag until you try to run this on a tiny laptop with graphics all set to maxium. I would have used a kronal screenshot for the Saturn V, but apparentlly, crafts must be smaller than the vab/sph for kronal to work :mad:

Why do they have eyebrows? They kinda look like this dog:

eyebrows-dog-e1339680838624.jpeg

My sides hurt :sticktongue:

You are missing out man. All the big name builders I know on this forum use it. Its a great little tool.

Yeah, other than me not really getting the whole "T toggles between surface and node attachment mode" (I've gotten very used to using ALT to disable surface attachment, to the point that I'm tempted to edit all parts to enable surface attachment as default), the new version rounds out the gizmos to get a really awesome building experience.

Rune. And I still miss the vertical lock thingy that forced stuff to stick to the middle of things. That was SO useful.

Is it stock??????

it uses infernal robotics for the wings, but i will release 2 stock crafts with the 2 different wings setup. If someone has a stock variable sweep wing i will be glad for an help =)

Working on the 4th iteration of my mothership series. This is the first one to use internal cargo bays for smaller cargo.

Having fuel flow problems though that I can't seem to solve. :/ It drains half the fuel on one side and all of it on the other side. The other half of the fuel on the first side just won't drain despite it being a straight row of fuel tanks. :/

SJFQgGt.png

Working on the 4th iteration of my mothership series. This is the first one to use internal cargo bays for smaller cargo.

Having fuel flow problems though that I can't seem to solve. :/ It drains half the fuel on one side and all of it on the other side. The other half of the fuel on the first side just won't drain despite it being a straight row of fuel tanks. :/

I like the way you did the cockpit. Kinda reminds me of...

*sigh*

Macey Dean. :(