I feel kinda burnt out with games...

Clockwork13

Have you tried Outside? I hear the graphics are top quality, and it's really got atmosphere. It makes you feel like you're really there.

Seriously, though, if games aren't doing it for you right now, find another hobby. Go do something else for a while. If you come back to games later, it will be with a fresh perspective, and maybe you'll even find something else you like more.

Have you tried Outside? I hear the graphics are top quality, and it's really got atmosphere. It makes you feel like you're really there.

Seriously, though, if games aren't doing it for you right now, find another hobby. Go do something else for a while. If you come back to games later, it will be with a fresh perspective, and maybe you'll even find something else you like more.

Outside? I've never heard of it!

It's an MMO. Kinda fun but you gotta wait around for EVERYTHING.

But more seriously, I get in a funk sometimes. Switch to TV. Got Netflix? Watch some of the full series' they have on there. Or movies. Sometimes your brain just needs a change of pace for a bit and then you'll be chomping to get back into gaming in no time.

I literally googled "Outside" thinknig it was a game. Mid-type I realised it meant outside.

...It's -30C outside, do I really have to?

What about getting some friends over and trying tabletop games or role playing games? I find Traveller is a great scifi RPG game for messing about with designing things, trying out things, playing solo and wth others. And its a nice change to computer games, which do get a bit dull after a while especially these days with all their mass regurgitation - mainstream new games are getting so bloody dull. Elite Dangerous is on the horizon though so there is hope yet. But yeah sometimes I get feed up wth sitting in front of a computer and just feel like getting away for a while. So RPG games, model making, reading or doing sports/gym are all good avenues to explore for taking up some time away from a monitor not to mention indulging in a good social life!

Outside is a really crappy MMORPG, but with some good parts.

We have trolling players as the leaders in the politican profession, abusive community administrators who do nothing, cheaters and scammers everywhere in the game, and stupidity all round. Yet, some parts of Outside are beautiful, and there is a lot of stuff that makes you proud to play it.

But the feature that is hated most by players is permadeath, which is inevitable as your chracter ages, a feature that noone likes and the developers added for no reason at all. Many experienced players are trying to find methods of glitching the game to prevent this.

Glitchers prefer to be referred to as Scientists/Researchers. We've managed to gtlich a lot of stuff and open up a space level full of awesomeness, in which we built a small spacestation.

^What the others wrote.^ Also, try reading. As for "outside", there is hiking (or if you are in a city and can't get to a place to hike, there is walking in a park). Get a pet. Find a part time job. There are always other things to do. That's without even mentioning a "significant other". :) Good luck!

I literally googled "Outside" thinknig it was a game. Mid-type I realised it meant outside.

I had to think for several seconds before I realized it too... it's pretty sad.

But anyway, try some kind of sport or game that is not computerized. Like RISK. Fun game, you either get creamed or destroy the other person, and a lot of it is strategy.

im not really much of a gamer these days, i might play ksp maybe for a couple days a week, and thats my most played game. i do go outside during hunting and fishing season though. i get to play with sharp things, guns, blood, and talk about redneck stuff.

Edited by Nuke

I'm not tired of games. What I'm tired of is the way they just keep putting out the same games with new names tacked on and ever more progressor-clogging graphics crammed in even though that adds nothing to gameplay. I'd be playing right now if I had anything besides KSP that didn't feel like I played it years ago under a different name.

I'm not tired of games. What I'm tired of is the way they just keep putting out the same games with new names tacked on and ever more progressor-clogging graphics crammed in even though that adds nothing to gameplay. I'd be playing right now if I had anything besides KSP that didn't feel like I played it years ago under a different name.

Which is why some stuff comes back: its the novelty and story of some games. Check this out: http://thejourneymanproject.com/presto/journeymanprime/trailers.html It was a cool series. Puzzle solving rather than combat. Exotic locations rather than mundane warehouses. That sort of thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.