[1.0.2]FASA Launch Towers

frizzank

I know that - but the problem is not just in two axes - it's the elevation when it does finally snap to the capsule. It always seems to be a steep ramp up to or down from the hatch. If I get it at the right angle, the height is off. If I get it at the right height, the angle doesn't seem to work. If I turn the camera to check... I have to start all over again. :(

I know that - but the problem is not just in two axes - it's the elevation when it does finally snap to the capsule. It always seems to be a steep ramp up to or down from the hatch. If I get it at the right angle, the height is off. If I get it at the right height, the angle doesn't seem to work. If I turn the camera to check... I have to start all over again. :(

attach it to whatever is below the Command pod and make them climb the ladder :P

• 2 weeks later...
OK so am using the tower and the Apollo clamps but i don't see umbilical s . do they need to be unlocked on the tree or have i missed something ? or maybe i have to edit the file.

They do need to be unlocked (fuel systems I believe, don't quote me) in the editor the tiny pic looks almost exactly like the tower with boarding ramp, but when you click on it it is different.

They do need to be unlocked (fuel systems I believe, don't quote me) in the editor the tiny pic looks almost exactly like the tower with boarding ramp, but when you click on it it is different.

thankies old boy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I really like your launch clamps, they are amazing, but i'm having troubles with them. On the launch pad i am getting mach effects of every single part of the rocket, as well as the launch tower. When i try to transfer kerbal from tower to vehicle, he just falls. And finally, just after launch, my rocket ejects to about 3km altitude and is uncontrolable anymore and after staging, capsulefalls down, but there is no vertical speed on the gauge. BTW i am using RSS, mb that is a problem?

EDIT: ejecting was caused by too powerful engine. Other problems are still there

Edited by Miximix

It's not an RSS bug. It's a bug with *something* you have, yes, but pleasedon't go around assuming things are RSS bugs when they're not, especially when the whole "mach effects on the launchpad thing" isn't a bug, it's a misconfiguration.

1. If you have Tweakable Everything, remove it. That's incompatible with a lot of stuff.

2. If problem persists, post your output_log.txt and we'll try to figure out where things went wrong.

Ok, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but everytime I set up a craft with the crew tower, it swings clear as soon as I get to the launchpad and the physics kicks in. All other clamps, even the umbilicals work fine. I tend to put all my clamps on one stage, should the towers be higher up the list?

Ok, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but everytime I set up a craft with the crew tower, it swings clear as soon as I get to the launchpad and the physics kicks in. All other clamps, even the umbilicals work fine. I tend to put all my clamps on one stage, should the towers be higher up the list?

Do the crew towers only attach in that way to crewed capsules?

Further, do you need to line them up on the hatches so that your crew can walk across and enter the capsule?

Just wondering if the walkway basically does the 'my job is done here' if some conditions aren't met at the launchpad

• 3 weeks later...

i found this nice mod today and directly have a problem. How do you exit the tower on top to walk over the bridge? You can board it on the bottom but i dont get any crew pictures and therefor can't send them on eva . Or do i oversee something?

i found this nice mod today and directly have a problem. How do you exit the tower on top to walk over the bridge? You can board it on the bottom but i dont get any crew pictures and therefor can't send them on eva . Or do i oversee something?

Mouse over the crew hatch at the top of the tower and click. It'll show a list of available crew members and you can EVA from that that.

small thing I've noticed using the umbilicals in conjunction with the launch tower is that the umbilical tower clips into the launch tower just a tad. It's ok when connected but when you disconnect the launch tower jumps back a little

fasa.jpg

The case of the jumping launch clamps....

I noticed that as Gaiiden stated that if you let the towers clip into each other they kind of explode out of each other and this was the culprit of many of the problems. I minimized this some by reducing the mass of the clamps but this had the side effect of them being unsteady to walk on. The real solution is to make them un-collideable when placing and increase the mass so they don't move when you walk on them.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. The tower immediately retracts when my craft loads on the launchpad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.