[1.0.2]FASA Launch Towers

frizzank

• 1 month later...

Really love using your launch clamps and towers, frizzank.

However, could you possibly change the cost of the parts to zero?

The stock TT18-A launch clamps are cost zero. And since they get recovered right at KSC, in contracts career you get all the cost back once you manually recover them (or during the auto-recover when you put the next rocket on the pad), so that cost only represents a temporary overhead.

However, if you're tracking your money launch to launch to see how things are trending, you have to manually recover every clamp and tower one by one in the Tracking Station to get good numbers. Which is a pain when you have a lot of first stage engines. :)

Thanks!

Put it in your GameData/FASA/ directory to change the cost of the launch clamps and towers to zero.

// MM-FASA-launch-clamps-and-towers.cfg
//
// Change cost of FASA launch clamps and towers to zero
// same as stock TT18-A launch clamps
// As they pay back everything when they're recovered
// they just represent a temporary overhead
// but makes it a pain to recover them to track cash flow
// instead of using the auto recover on the next launch
//
// Include this file with mod FASA or FASA launch clamps
//
// 2014 Aug 24 Sun MM coding by Jacke
//
// what FASA launch clamps and towers
// files 4 clamps and 2 towers, one per part under
// GameData/FASA/Misc/FASA_Launch_Clamp_125
// GameData/FASA/Misc/FASA_Launch_Tower
// parts 4 clamps and 2 towers
//
@PART[FASAlaunchClamp125]:Final
{
@cost = 0
}
@PART[FASAlaunchClamp25]:Final
{
@cost = 0
}
@PART[FASAlaunchClampAtlas]:Final
{
@cost = 0
}
@PART[FASAlaunchClampApollo]:Final
{
@cost = 0
}
@PART[FASAUmbilicalTower]:Final
{
@cost = 0
}
@PART[FASAlaunchTower]:Final
{
@cost = 0
}
//
// END OF MM-FASA-launch-clamps-and-towers.cfg

Edited by Jacke

I use them and then don't recover them. I didn't want the cost to be zero since there should be a cost with using them even if you can re-use the entire tower getting it set up for another launch should cost something I did lower the cost some so it was much more manageable.

If others want them to be zero you could post a link to the Module manager file here if you like.

I use them and then don't recover them. I didn't want the cost to be zero since there should be a cost with using them even if you can re-use the entire tower getting it set up for another launch should cost something I did lower the cost some so it was much more manageable.

If others want them to be zero you could post a link to the Module manager file here if you like.

Launch clamps and towers are always recovered and 100% refunded, if not manually before, automatically when you load another rocket onto the launch pad.

They don't have a cost to the player like non-recovered parts of a rocket. All it matters is that the player has enough cash above the cost of the rest of the rocket to pay to put out the launch clamps and towers, as those clamp and tower costs are 100% refunded when the clamps and towers are either recovered manually at the Tracking Station or automatically when the next rocket is put on the pad to launch.

It's like a cash register float in a retail business, needed but doesn't directly affect the cash flow. The reason I want their costs to be zero is make it easier to compare cash amounts at different times to measure the cash flow between rockets. Without caring whether there's clamps and towers on the pad that represent a 100% refundable temporary sunk cost.

I included the Module Manager .cfg file to change the cost of the FASA launch clamps and towers to zero in the spoiler in my original post.

Edited by Jacke

• 3 weeks later...
'real site'? Is kerbalstuff fown?

Well as we saw today, everything Kerbalstuff needs to get down is lack of consensus between two people, besides, one mirror is always fine idea, even when there are just technical and not ideological difficulties.

Wut.

Read the thread, don't jump to conclusions.

Fine, i agree that just looked very messy (when i was writing that post there was only narration of one side available, with "Blocked SSL certificate" story, etc...) and unprofessional, but point pretty much stands, without any mirror it just asks for whatever-they-might-be problems to happen and FASA is just totally unobtainable. And don't get me wrong, i'm all for open-source, clarity, etc. but i still believe GitHub uptime is much more likely to be higher than community driven, non-profit niche site.

So, yeah, i don't ask anyone to sell his soul and unborn children to Curse, it would be just nice to havy any other source of this mod. Like, you know, every other mod has.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I put just the Launch Towers in my game and it starts up ok... haven't played much yet. I do have a lot of mods already, mostly game related (EVE, KAS, MechJeb, StockDragFix, TAC Life Support etc... just a few part mods: HGR, KSO, US, and of course NASA LaunchTowers), so it does takes its time booting up.

• 2 weeks later...

You can mouse over the "Crew Hatch" which is on the tower at the start of the ramp, just as you can click on the hatch on the actual space craft. Make sure you loaded the Kerbals onto the tower before launch, because they don't automatically start in the tower just because you added it.

You can mouse over the "Crew Hatch" which is on the tower at the start of the ramp, just as you can click on the hatch on the actual space craft. Make sure you loaded the Kerbals onto the tower before launch, because they don't automatically start in the tower just because you added it.

Thank you so much for answering me I knew about loading them but couldn't figure our how to transfer them...

• 1 month later...

Very cool parts, just the sort of thing I was looking for.

Perhaps a further refinement would see the gantries and umbilicals operating off a single unitary tower instead of each of them having its own?

ETA: Anyone have any ideas on how to make the boarding gantry work with shrouded (inside a fairing) spacecraft? Maybe fairing sections with a hatch?

Edited by Yaivenov

• 2 weeks later...
What's the rate that the umbilical towers feed fuel to a ship? I'm finding that the KW 5m engines use fuel faster than it can feed it and they take a sec to spin up to max thrust. Should I just put more towers?

look at there cfg

MODULE
{
name = ModuleGenerator
isAlwaysActive = true
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
rate = [COLOR="#FF0000"]1.8[/COLOR] <------------- up this #
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
rate = [COLOR="#FF0000"]2.2[/COLOR] <------------- up this #
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = MonoPropellant
rate = 0.5
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 1
}
}

EDIT- :wink:

Edited by Mecripp2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.