(RSS/RO) Constellation Essentials v1.3.1: Trusses, Engines, Adapters (Apr21)

BahamutoD

Bahamuto, your parts are great...you just need more exposure. Perhaps you should package them all together? Bigger packs with all their posts in one thread tend to stay at the top of the forum more often, leading to more exposure and downloads. Maybe contact roverdude and see if he could promote these parts on his modular base building system? Your parts are a great way to haul his parts around! The critter crawler is also awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a problem with the RS-68B engine. Seems like it needs Exsurgent Engineering because it uses SmarterGimbal. I just changed the part.cfg gimbal section to this:

MODULE{
name = ModuleGimbal
gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform
gimbalRange = 1.5
}

And it now works as expected. Hope this helps the next person who runs into this niggle.

I just had a problem with the RS-68B engine. Seems like it needs Exsurgent Engineering because it uses SmarterGimbal. I just changed the part.cfg gimbal section to this:
MODULE{
name = ModuleGimbal
gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform
gimbalRange = 1.5
}

And it now works as expected. Hope this helps the next person who runs into this niggle.

This really helped, I couldn't figure out why the engine wasn't gimballing. Thought I might have installed the mod wrong. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Good question! Let's hope yes!

I also love these parts and I need them for my interplanetary transfer! :cool:

It's been a long time since a KSP update broke parts. As long as those parts don't incorporate existing parts (which might change and break the dependency) then they're going to be ok.

The part where you have to be concerned is if this pack has any plugins it depends on. If those have not been updated they may not function. (some even deliberately disable functionality if you try to run them on a version of KSP they weren't compiled for)

Or if a part mod uses the semi-working workaround to the rescaleFactor bug. Since the rescaleFactor bug was fixed, anyone using the semi-working workaround will now have mis-scaled parts.

Oops that's right I forgot about that. I don't *think* Bahamuto did anything fancy with rescaling... Could be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Baha and others,

I realise you probably stopped supporting/developed this mod.

The parts don't load in my RSS setup, it doesn't look like I am capable of solving it.

Perhaps someone has a fix? I would appreciate it. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It really does need an update, great parts pack, especially the engines! Anyone knows how to fix the parts, so they would load in RSS? If anyone has an idea how to do it, please post it here or at least PM me.

• 1 month later...

I think I have a way to make the parts work in RSS. What I found is that the engines use resources from an old version of real fuels, so if you update these in the .CFG files, they should load.

Specifically, in the part.cfg files in the BNTR and rs68b folders you must replace:

LqdHydrogen instead of LiquidH2

LqdOxygen instead of LiquidOxygen

U235Rods instead of nuclearFuel

DepU235Rods instead of nuclearWaste

Make sure you replace ALL off these. I can make no guarantees that this will solve the issue, but has worked in my case. Hope it helps

I think I have a way to make the parts work in RSS. What I found is that the engines use resources from an old version of real fuels, so if you update these in the .CFG files, they should load.

Specifically, in the part.cfg files in the BNTR and rs68b folders you must replace:

LqdHydrogen instead of LiquidH2

LqdOxygen instead of LiquidOxygen

U235Rods instead of nuclearFuel

DepU235Rods instead of nuclearWaste

Make sure you replace ALL off these. I can make no guarantees that this will solve the issue, but has worked in my case. Hope it helps

Suggestion: Make a Module Manager patch that people can put in their GameData folder (or subfolder of GameData) so that they don't have to edit files.

That is a good idea, but the truth is I have no idea on how to do that. My knowledge is pretty basic on how the .CFG files work, and I have no experience programming. Do you know where I could get some information on how to carry out your solution?

Also, I do not know whether is there a problem with modifying a mod made by someone else.

That is a good idea, but the truth is I have no idea on how to do that. My knowledge is pretty basic on how the .CFG files work, and I have no experience programming. Do you know where I could get some information on how to carry out your solution?

Also, I do not know whether is there a problem with modifying a mod made by someone else.

Would start here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219-0-90-Module-Manager-2-5-6-%28Dec-21%29-v-1c-Edition-2-5-5-is-broken-Update-it and for the modifying most of the time MM patch any one can do but there are a couple of mods we are not to share MM's but this mod is

You are free to:

Share  copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format

Adapt  remix, transform, and build upon the material

for any purpose, even commercially.

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

There's lots of information just on the front page of the Module Manager thread on creating MM patches.

And around here, we exchange lots of such patches for people's mods. I don't think anyone would have a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

*sigh* can't believe I'm doing this

@PART[constellationBNTR]
{
@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
{
@PROPELLANT[LiquidH2]
{
@name = LqdHydrogen
}
@PROPELLANT[nuclearFuel]
{