[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

Just now, saabstory88 said:

Hey, not sure if anyone else caught this. F9 1.1 and 1.1-FT only have three second stage attachment points on the interstage, not 4 as in in the current model.

I've looked at some high rez pics of the new F 1.1FT on the pad, and it appears to only have 3 attach points, same as the original F9 1.1

10 minutes ago, saabstory88 said:

What I meant by current model is Kart's current KSP model. Falcon 9 1.0 had 12, Falcon 9 1.1 and 1.1-FT have three. Kart has 4 in his KSP model.

Yes I know. When I made Falcon 9 1.1 FT, there were no images of it available. I've used spaceflight101.com as my main source for the FT, there it said that there were 4 attachment points. I will change this, along with some other changes. And generally, there's a bigger difference between F9 1.1 and 1.1 FT from the outside than I expected. I'll adjust F9 1.1 FT once more images will be relased.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

I am curious about the gridfins. I know this is only the F9R but here you can see that the gridfins not only pivot up/out but rotate for roll control. Yours work great, just a small nitpick. From what I've experienced, control surfaces can be difficult so I can't really complain.

Also, I would definitely wait until better pictures are released of multiple F9FTs. A thought that came to mind when I saw people discussing why they haven't started using black landing legs, maybe they are using some older hardware from the non-FT models. I'm pretty sure there were still a couple of non-FT boosters that were set to fly before the the CRS-7 accident, including the JASON booster out in Vandenburg. I'll read up a little more on it though.

Edited by ReventonHawx

@ReventonHawx Yes, the grid fins in real life are working a bit different than these here. First of, they deploy and then individually pivot up or down, where we can only deploy them (-> Airbrake) or leave all undeployed and then pivot them out. 

And yes, they also provide roll control. Though unfortunately, this can't be done in KSP right now, so I had to add simply a roll torque for it.

Yes, I'll be waiting with F9 FT upgrades for my rocket a little while. 

I don't think that they are using any 1.1 hardware anymore on F9 FT. I believe they've made some changes to the landing legs, and tgey would definetely fly these on this mission, since it's their first RTLS attempt. I bet the landing legs will stay white, since the falcon on spacex.com is inly an artistic impression. The f9 1.1 was also shown with a black interstage there, so I wouldn't really trust the site renders. It's just a visualization.

Hey Kart! Just wanted to thank you for your hard work the last couple of months on making the SpaceX pack happen. I've played around with it for a few days now and absolutely love it. Looking forward to Delta IV, but until then you should take a well deserved break and just play KSP like a "normal" person for a while. I'd imagine you haven't had much time to simply play the game in a while xD

42 minutes ago, fairy said:

Hey Kart! Just wanted to thank you for your hard work the last couple of months on making the SpaceX pack happen. I've played around with it for a few days now and absolutely love it. Looking forward to Delta IV, but until then you should take a well deserved break and just play KSP like a "normal" person for a while. I'd imagine you haven't had much time to simply play the game in a while xD

Thank you! :)) Yeas, I didn't really have time for that. But it's my fault, I wanted to have it out before RTF from the day I started with it, so yeah (And it worked out, yay! :D )But it's really time for me to do play KSP "normally" again. ^^

So i was playing around with the Falcon 1 earlier today, and I decided that the Falcon 1 deserves a launch tower too.... so... this happened:

5pxuVcf.png

So yeah, I now have launch towers for Falcon 1, Falcon 9 1.1, and Falcon Heavy. For those who are interested, I started a thread for my launch towers: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/128370-105-spacex-launch-towers/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.