[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

18 hours ago, Beale said:

Looks like the Fuji is on hold for a while, so I will include the placeholder in the next release for the time being! :)

Proton Tanks.
Nothing special.
9671f8d883.jpg

What's the current hold-up with Fuji? I can advise on that if necessary. 

2 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Can't find black textures for the Soyuz latest version, is there a caritative soul that can't point me the way? :sticktongue:

Courtesy of planeguy868, here's the dropbox link. I don't know what all works, so you'll have to just test it out. I'm pretty sure most of it works ok.

17 hours ago, Beale said:

Using OBS for something useful.

Great little video. Fun music choice. Those FX... Where's @VenomousRequiem for RealPlume configs? I'm able to do configs using the prefabbed configs, but I've never done custom ones, like would be needed for the Black Arrow engine. There's not a good prefab for the H202/Kerosene flame. The Blue Streak motor is just standard LOX/Kerosene, so that's easy. 

For the standard FX for Waxwing, I think it needs a different effect. It seems to have a blue cryogenic flame, and it really needs a solid motor exhaust flame. I'm not a big fan of the stock solid motor FX, but it's better than nothing. RealPlume has a great solid upper stage effect, but it'll need something for those not using RealPlume.

Also, found a great new source of info for Blue Streak, Black Arrow, and more. Includes this great image of the Prospero/Black Arrow launcher being prepped:

img9407.jpg

Source! Make sure to use a translate extension if you can't speak Russian...

Edited by curtquarquesso

5 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

@curtquarquesso Ahh, I feel so special! I've never been mentioned by anyone other than Cobalt. :P

RP support is kinda limited for this mod, actually... @Beale Would you like me to write a better set of RP configs to be included with the mod in the download? I want to contribute to this mod and that sounds nice.

RealPlume support should be up to date for the current release of both Tantares and TantaresLV. The TantaresLV configs I wrote myself back when RealPlume Stock was just getting going, and I recently redid the Tantares ones for the next release of the stock configs.

Of course, if you want to include your own configs in the Tantares/TantaresLV packages, feel free to do so. I'll make sure to remove them from the main RP package for the next release.

1 minute ago, DerpyFirework said:

RealPlume support should be up to date for the current release of both Tantares and TantaresLV. The TantaresLV configs I wrote myself back when RealPlume Stock was just getting going, and I recently redid the Tantares ones for the next release of the stock configs.

Of course, if you want to include your own configs in the Tantares/TantaresLV packages, feel free to do so. I'll make sure to remove them from the main RP package for the next release.

I'll wait to see what Beale says. :P

No offence to you or anyone else who worked on RP configs of course. :)

3 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

@curtquarquesso Ahh, I feel so special! I've never been mentioned by anyone other than Cobalt. :P
RP support is kinda limited for this mod, actually... @Beale Would you like me to write a better set of RP configs to be included with the mod in the download? I want to contribute to this mod and that sounds nice.

3 hours ago, DerpyFirework said:

RealPlume support should be up to date for the current release of both Tantares and TantaresLV. The TantaresLV configs I wrote myself back when RealPlume Stock was just getting going, and I recently redid the Tantares ones for the next release of the stock configs. Of course, if you want to include your own configs in the Tantares/TantaresLV packages, feel free to do so. I'll make sure to remove them from the main RP package for the next release.

Thank you both for doing configs for various mod packs. They add a lot to the game. Do either of you do custom plumes, or do you just utilize the prefabbed plumes? Beale does some really great custom FX for some of his more specialized engine parts, and it'd be a shame to not use any of that work in the configs for RealPlume. The particle/FX system is a system I don't know a lot about unfortunately. Can't find too much documentation on how they're created, defined, and configured. 

3 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Thanks a lot curtquarquesso!

You're very welcome! 

@Beale, you've revamped your avatar more times now than you've revamped the Soyuz. What gives? :wink:

Edited by curtquarquesso

6 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

Thank you both for doing configs for various mod packs. They add a lot to the game. Do either of you do custom plumes, or do you just utilize the prefabbed plumes? Beale does some really great custom FX for some of his more specialized engine parts, and it'd be a shame to not use any of that work in the configs for RealPlume. The particle/FX system is a system I don't know a lot about unfortunately. Can't find too much documentation on how they're created, defined, and configured. 

I only use the prefabbed plumes when I do my configs, but I do agree with you about Beale's FX. They're so good I sometimes consider uninstalling RealPlume, so I think I'll mess around with the configs and see what happens.

On 3/14/2016 at 0:40 AM, Comrade Xmir said:

Love this mod! I use it frequently.

Thanks!

On 3/14/2016 at 2:24 PM, CobaltWolf said:

@Beale I love the quaint music you chose to use haha

It's a classic!

23 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

What's the current hold-up with Fuji? I can advise on that if necessary. 

Great little video. Fun music choice. Those FX... Where's @VenomousRequiem for RealPlume configs? I'm able to do configs using the prefabbed configs, but I've never done custom ones, like would be needed for the Black Arrow engine. There's not a good prefab for the H202/Kerosene flame. The Blue Streak motor is just standard LOX/Kerosene, so that's easy. 

For the standard FX for Waxwing, I think it needs a different effect. It seems to have a blue cryogenic flame, and it really needs a solid motor exhaust flame. I'm not a big fan of the stock solid motor FX, but it's better than nothing. RealPlume has a great solid upper stage effect, but it'll need something for those not using RealPlume.

Also, found a great new source of info for Blue Streak, Black Arrow, and more. Includes this great image of the Prospero/Black Arrow launcher being prepped:

Source! Make sure to use a translate extension if you can't speak Russian...

Many thanks for the source, that's great!

FX are last on the list, I need to get around to that, but busy busy! :wink: 

dd6971b61e.jpg

For the Fuji, I just have pushed it aside while I work on other things. Sometimes I really am taken by the mood to make something, and other parts suffer.

23 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

@Beale Would you like me to write a better set of RP configs to be included with the mod in the download? I want to contribute to this mod and that sounds nice.

I'm not sure what Real-Plume does and requires? It looks very pretty, but I do not like to include and maintain more and more extra configs.

20 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

You've revamped your avatar more times now than you've revamped the Soyuz. What gives? :wink:

A desperate cry for attention.
And I eventually get tired of a meme avatar!

Edited by Beale

7 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

RealPlumes requires SmokeScreen, and the configs could be put a folder only a megabyte in size at the most. Including some configs wouldn't hurt anything. :)

Okay, I can try this then (Just for the launch vehicles to begin with).

Stage 2 Engine, WIP.

D I D    S O M E B O D Y     S A Y     M O N O C H R O M E ?

It is a little too dull, even for me. But, I am happy with the overall design, if it is a little simple.

88e9658715.jpg0615d3be7a.jpgdaa0b8c8da.jpgca0d6f05b3.jpg

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Stage 2 Engine, WIP.
It is a little too dull, even for me. But, I am happy with the overall design, if it is a little simple.

Stage 2 engine of what rocket? Maybe I missed something. 

8 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

Stage 2 engine of what rocket? Maybe I missed something. 

8 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Yeah, same... 

4 hours ago, hraban said:

Thats PROTON (ALV)

Indeed, it is for the Proton! :) 

8 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Monochrome rockets are good rockets. At least for me. They look good with spaceplane parts.

Thanks! But, I still think it needs a little more something.

13 hours ago, Beale said:

Okay, I can try this then (Just for the launch vehicles to begin with).

Stage 2 Engine, WIP.

Zenit?

2 hours ago, Beale said:

More.
f571c35d2d.jpg8113454b00.jpg
Larger Mockup.
2f9172d4eb.jpg

I think the interstage section needs a bit of work. From what I understand, the truss interstage section splits in two halves at stage separation. One half remains connected to stage 1, and the other half remains connected to stage 2. The only unknown is whether at some point after separation, stage 2 jettisons aforementioned interstage half. I'm not sure whether it remains connected throughout stage 2's burn.

Here's a mockup making as few alterations as possible:

0333e185d8.pngda9a901793.png

As far as the monochrome scheme goes, I think it's too much. Proton is anything but monochrome. Nice bright text, the contrast between the silver nozzles, the white core tank, and the black stripe, etc. Proton has been all white, all silver, and a mix of both, so you could do it any way you want, but the monochromatic look is starting to loose it's appeal. This rocket needs some contrast somewhere.

Edited by curtquarquesso

2 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

I think the interstage section needs a bit of work. From what I understand, the truss interstage section splits in two halves at stage separation. One half remains connected to stage 1, and the other half remains connected to stage 2. The only unknown is whether at some point after separation, stage 2 jettisons aforementioned interstage half. I'm not sure whether it remains connected throughout stage 2's burn.

Here's a mockup making as few alterations as possible

As far as the monochrome scheme goes, I think it's too much. Proton is anything but monochrome. Nice bright text, the contrast between the silver nozzles, the white core tank, and the black stripe, etc. Proton has been all white, all silver, and a mix of both, so you could do it any way you want, but the monochromatic look is starting to loose it's appeal. This rocket needs some contrast somewhere.

At the moment the decoupler is not done, so the inter-stage seen in my images lacks that. I think when finished it will look closer to your image there (It might not look the same, but will be the same size).

I am not sure how or where to add colour, but can play around.

cefcd801bb.jpg

Edited by Beale