[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Beale's putting all this work into Mars Expedition parts, I'm starting to feel some FOMO...

Well, I'm sure someone will land the X-15 on Duna sooner or later.

In seriousness though, BDB already has a lot of parts that are perfect for Saturn V Mars mission architecture, and some associated surface excursion infrastructure would be amazing.

18 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Was ist das?

It's the ascent vehicle to take you from the surface of mars to orbit, back to dock with the MEK. it goes down in the cargo bay of the mars lander

51b3ff3dfe760303.jpg

18 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Beale's putting all this work into Mars Expedition parts, I'm starting to feel some FOMO...

Fear of Marsing out?

11 hours ago, CardZLol said:

RD-0110 on the github
Missing verniers plumes but shouldnt have any issues otherwise
8xFHpnR.png

Waterfall plumes to come soon(-ish) :ph34r:

Reveal hidden contents

oops i dropped some marbles

qpmKAKq.png

c2zv0td.png

Bolted up

LCsgA0I.png

ht4qRll.png

On 9/5/2024 at 10:15 AM, CobaltWolf said:

You know, there are US Mars projects you could do. You have some catching up to do if you decide to do them though. :P

6 minutes ago, Mr. Kerbin said:

Sidenote- keep BDB stuff to BDB.

And CobaltWolf said he doesn't really want to do new things (falcon 9, SLS) with BDB.

Sure thing  but im not the one who brought it up first.

Edited by SheepDog2142

On 9/5/2024 at 11:15 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Integrated Program Plan time? Would definitely close the gap, and the MEM would be amazing. We could even make Apollo-Soyuz 2: Martian Boogaloo :D

Edited by Legolas5533
Clarity of text

11 hours ago, Beale said:

It's the ascent vehicle to take you from the surface of mars to orbit, back to dock with the MEK. it goes down in the cargo bay of the mars lander

51b3ff3dfe760303.jpg

Fear of Marsing out?

c2zv0td.png

Bolted up

LCsgA0I.png

ht4qRll.png

I used to read and look at all the canceled soviet space projects when I was a little kid, and all the mars ones stood out to me, I wondered how it'd look in real life. Now I don't have to, thanks to this mod I can actually see how it would've been, and that's just amazing. This feels like a childhood dream fulfilled, thank you for this.

2 hours ago, Luneo Lucy said:

May I suggest ?

I have it installed and even added support to VABOrganizer for it. However it is pretty rough and not anywhere near the same quality.

That being said im excited for soviet mars stuff.

You can preview some of the shiny stuff I have been working on with the latest branch:

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares

You will need the (now released) mod "Resurfaced" and "Shabby".

Only a handful of parts converted so far. If anyone is eager to help I have a guide (skip down to config section)  - I would of course be supremely grateful and look forward to working with anyone, but otherwise I will be chipping away at converting stuff slowly.
https://github.com/Tantares/Resurfaced/wiki/Resurfaced

NCUv1IO.png