[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Help, when I download the latest version, some parts show up and have a plain white texture. I looked into the files and they are in the deprecated folders but as far as I know they should not be in those folders given that the only Aquila fuel tank-radiator parts were in those folders. I have downloaded via ckan and manually and this persists. I would like to know if this is intended or a bug on my end.

8 hours ago, Maxorizor said:

Help, when I download the latest version, some parts show up and have a plain white texture. I looked into the files and they are in the deprecated folders but as far as I know they should not be in those folders given that the only Aquila fuel tank-radiator parts were in those folders. I have downloaded via ckan and manually and this persists. I would like to know if this is intended or a bug on my end.

There are 7 folders in Tantares: z_deprecated_3-9 in Tantares/parts. There are many parts in here. The Aquila parts are in z_deprecated_5 and there is more in there than just the radiators. If you don't need or don't want these old parts, you can simply delete these folders.
In any case, it is all intentional because these parts are old and have been replaced. As far as I've heard, Beale wants to remove them completely soon.

6 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

*snip*
If you don't need or don't want these old parts, you can simply delete these folders.
*snip*

A side effect of removing these folders is a fractionally faster gameload!

@Maxorizor Don't worry - every single deprecated part has a replacement somewhere in the parts list, which will be easier to find once the deprecated parts are out of the way. If you don't feel happy about deleting folders then you can add The Janitor's Closet to your repertoire of mods, which enables you to "prune" unwanted parts, ie, hide them from the parts lists.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, ThatGust said:

Hi, is there any plans to add the other probes of the Luna program? Thanks in advance

Afraid not no, I made some simple mockups of Luna probes in the middle but never finished them.

kli1uFG.png

qh1TDVC.png

11 hours ago, AnFa said:

Why the deprecated/without texture parts are still shown in the regular menus? Shouldn't they be hidden by default?

They should be! Previously they *would* be hidden, but now turn up unwanted. I use The Janitor's Closet to prune all the deprecated parts:

Beale has said the deprecated parts will be removed from a later update, at which point the problem ends.

I hope this is useful to you.

Edited by softweir
Afterthought.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 6:37 AM, Beale said:

antenna

screenshot34.png?width=1072&height=603
screenshot36.png?width=1072&height=603

Excuse me for asking but, is Venera-2 in the mod? Yesterday i kitbashed one and just found out you were working on one, thanks in advance 

Edit: My TantaresSP was outdated, sorry for the inconveniencies.

Edited by ThatGust

I have a question. I just used the Oktans Androgynous Size 0.5 Docking Port A, and the two vessels docked just fine. My only question is, what is the "guide" for? It didn't guide anything I could discern. I even tried docking with both vessel's port's guides extended, and they just boopped and nothing happened. What mechanic purpose do the serve? Or are they merely cosmetic?

5 hours ago, AnFa said:

I have a question. I just used the Oktans Androgynous Size 0.5 Docking Port A, and the two vessels docked just fine. My only question is, what is the "guide" for? It didn't guide anything I could discern. I even tried docking with both vessel's port's guides extended, and they just boopped and nothing happened. What mechanic purpose do the serve? Or are they merely cosmetic?

The docking ports can extend to simulate "Soft docking", after they bump into each other, you can retreat the rings and actually dock them both.

In KSP, it isn't really usefull, but Soft docking is used in real life to absorb some of the shock between both ships or between the ship and the station . This helps the docking ports to not get damaged.

Edited by Davi SDF

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, ThatGust said:

Lunar Expeditionary Complex, it was meant to be launched by the unbuilt Vulkan rocket, which was a derivative of Energia.

Beale had plans to add it to the mod, but I think due to KSP2 , it got cancelled 

Oh nice! Hope it's not cancelled though