[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

On 1/18/2024 at 1:09 AM, Zyfle said:

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I installed the newest version of Tantares and one of the engine attachment nodes on the N1 Blok-V stage has completely disappeared...

https://imgur.com/83KdFj5

This can happen when you revert the N1 to Hangar. The solution is to just replace the stage with a new one.

On 2/9/2022 at 7:40 AM, Invaderchaos said:

Been working on a joint project between Bluedog Design Bureau and Tantares, a revamp for APAS 75 for the Apollo Soyuz Test Project. Coming soon!

screenshot343.png
screenshot344.png
screenshot345.png
screenshot346.png
screenshot342.png

Btw what DID ever happen to this? @Invaderchaos and @Beale I think with the Soyuz revamp this could fit perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I love your mod and use it often. I gonna ask, is there any chance we could see the N1 first and second stage parts have toggleable interstage trusses? I wanted to use them for a project, but without the truss structure, so was curious if that would or could ever be a possibility.

On 2/9/2024 at 6:53 AM, AdrianDogmeat said:

Chinese Mission To the Moon - 1991

screenshot2880.png?ex=65d4ef41&is=65c27a

screenshot2891.png?ex=65d4f1ba&is=65c27c

screenshot2895.png?ex=65d4f2e9&is=65c27d

screenshot2897.png?ex=65d4f43e&is=65c27f

Love it. Quick question, What mods did you use for parts? (excluding tantares because... it's obvious)

I'm just coming back after a break from the game.  I remember the mod having color options for the older Soyuz models, but they're gone entirely now (presumably because of the new part designs).  Will this be coming back in a future update?

5 hours ago, hikerchick29 said:

I'm just coming back after a break from the game.  I remember the mod having color options for the older Soyuz models, but they're gone entirely now (presumably because of the new part designs).  Will this be coming back in a future update?

The color-options are from this mod (tantares itself has only some basic Colors):

It´s updated in December for the new Soyuz-parts.

4 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

The color-options are from this mod (tantares itself has only some basic Colors):

It´s updated in December for the new Soyuz-parts.

I installed intercolor to see if it was what I was looking for.   It seemed to mostly be a custom color set that was either missing, or doesn’t have, any of the real world spacecraft color sets.

12 minutes ago, hikerchick29 said:

I installed intercolor to see if it was what I was looking for.   It seemed to mostly be a custom color set that was either missing, or doesn’t have, any of the real world spacecraft color sets.

So, what do you mean with "older Soyuz"? Tantares and Intercolor has the classic green, black and the mint one of Apollo-Soyuz. As far as I know there were no more colors in real.
Tantares and Intercolor didn't have more colors before either.

Edited by Cheesecake

1 minute ago, Cheesecake said:

So, what do you mean with "older Soyuz"? Tantares and Intercolor has the classic green, black and the mint one of Apollo-Soyuz. As far as I know there were no more colors in real.
Tantares and Intercolor didn't have more colors before either.

Checking my mod list, I think I was talking about the old TNIC recolor mod, my bad

I'm having an (actual) issue with the Soyuz components.  I can build and load the crew vehicle onto the launch pad.  I can also load the main launch vehicle onto the pad without a capsule, and use it with other capsules like the Vostok.  But if I put the Soyuz rocket and the Soyuz crew vehicle together,  my framerate drops to maybe 3 frames per minute on the launch pad.

In the post linked below I have made the Tantares Tweakscale config and also an automatic script that searches for all the part files in a mod and creates the relevant cfg for TweakScale. I write it here in case someone searches in this thread for the Tantares (and TantaresLV) TweakScale config,  or a way to automatically write the TweakScale config.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 12:26 AM, Antineutrino said:

Just wanna ask, are UR700 (maybe even UR900) and RD270 planned for the mod? Can't really find any information about it at all in KSP :>

Nope.

Did the control block for Progress-M disappear? When I select "type B" for the Progress core structure style it switches to being padded but the shape of the module stays the same.