[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Decals: Not sure, I know for sure the Cygnus and Soyuz capsule, but not much else yet.

Fregat: There is only a small difference, the Fobos-Grunt Fregat carries an expendable drop tank. They will be self-controllable, but run on LFO/OX (Real Fregat is typical UDMH/NTO fuel design).

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/image/phobos_grunt.jpg

Also I am very busy for much things, but have been working on something small and cool.

It is Indian and orange...

If this is the new stock style I will not have to change much :)

I like it, as you say the white is a little dirty, but otherwise very clean and simple.

Sensible port end textures are a godsend!

Inbox cleared!

No plans of me for those things, I would love to see them! :)

Hello.

Can you provide me with some more information? Screenshot of GameData and Tantares Folder contents is good.

Also you can check if a clean install fixes this?

Don't give me ideas :wink:

ISRO OV? Gimme!

Decals: Not sure, I know for sure the Cygnus and Soyuz capsule, but not much else yet.

Fregat: There is only a small difference, the Fobos-Grunt Fregat carries an expendable drop tank. They will be self-controllable, but run on LFO/OX (Real Fregat is typical UDMH/NTO fuel design).

Also I am very busy for much things, but have been working on something small and cool.

It is Indian and orange...

If this is the new stock style I will not have to change much :)

I like it, as you say the white is a little dirty, but otherwise very clean and simple.

Sensible port end textures are a godsend!

Decals: Sweet. More decals the better. Put them on anything you feel like. :)

Fregat: Cool. Can't wait to see what it's going to look like.

Mystery Part: So, it's dehydrated space curry then?

Porkjettian Stock: Ya know, even though I wouldn't want PorkJet's canvas texture replacing any of your current textures, they could make for some really interesting alternate TKS/FGB textures. Hmm...

Angara can be easily made of existing parts in a 1.875m form factor, and Briz-M is really damn complicated to make (and make work), as a result of the drop tanks.

Angara A5 scales to 1.64m in KSP using the Soyuz capsule as a standard, so it's closer to 1.5m really. Either 1.5m or 1.875m works for Angara. Personal preference. Both sizes are available in my TweakScale configs. Angara is a really boring rocket frankly. It's just a core with identical boosters. I wouldn't stop Beale from making Angara RD-191s, but we have enough totally suitable tanks for Angara and Briz-M as it is.

ISRO OV? Gimme!

On a side note, could you try abbreviating quotes and not including the entirety of posts? Makes for a lot of scrolling. :D

Edited by curtquarquesso

Love the Pack! Thx!

Unfortunately, the Docking-Ports T053A and T053B (Soyuz-thingys) don't save/load for some reason.

When I try to lunch a Vessel from VAB or SPH or try loading one those Docking-Ports are just gone. Didn't try other Docking-Ports, but other parts from your pack work fantastically.

Hello.

Can you provide me with some more information? Screenshot of GameData and Tantares Folder contents is good.

Also you can check if a clean install fixes this?

Will check clean install later ;.; Maybe it's HullCameraVDS?!

gamedata-folder5uupq.gif

tantares-folderrju45.gif

Well, found a way to make my KSP 1.0.4 run a bit more bearable. Had to finally scratch that itch of mine with those new parts with this:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

:)

EDIT: I really did land that thing in IVA from orbital height down to the surface, if anyone's wondering.

Edited by T'Flok

Am I the only one who thinks that Proton needs to be re balanced price wise?????

As much as i love Proton, the LV that I use for all interplanetary missions is almost 30,000 less made with stock parts.....

It is a little expensive... I will have alook.

ZIRP-M alias BRIZ-M for Tantares. First ingame screenshot here: CONTARES

greetings

Very nice!

Not much that could interfere with docking ports, I think yes a clean install is good to test.

Well' date=' found a way to make my KSP 1.0.4 run a bit more bearable. Had to finally scratch that itch of mine with those new parts with this:

[url']http://imgur.com/a/xSypM

EDIT: I really did land that thing in IVA from orbital height down to the surface, if anyone's wondering.

Pretty!

Do these use a lot of RAM? Really tempted to reinstall this (used to use it back in 0.90, took a long break from KSP since) but I already have such mod bloat...hmmm....decisions, decisions...:D

It's quite a large pack, so yes it uses some significant amount of memory.

I have tried to employ some texture saving techniques however, so Tantares should not dominate the memory taken.

Fregat.

Texture a little awkward, might re-do.

735023ff37.jpg

44aa1fbfbb.jpg

9746813b01.jpg

53f819f558.jpg

Pretty!

Thanks! :) Since KSP 1.0.4 on my rig seems to run better with terrain rendering quality set to default and V-Sync off, I already went ahead and decided to further improve my design (looks alot better now IMO but need to work on it some more). I did find an annoying issue with the nuclear engine when it's activated, namely the fact that at 0% of thrust I keep hearing this loud noise for a split second and then it cuts off and that goes on and on the entire time the engine is activated. It sounds like the engine's idle sound wants to start playing but doesn't, annoying and hurts my ears. Would like to get rid of it.

Hey Beale, what would operational characteristics of Fregat be? How far can we sling Soyuz in terms of Delta-Vee? I do like spherical things, my survey sats usually have 'roundified' tanks but if I can launch my Duna surveyor on it, I wouldn't miss an opportunity. Or spirit.

Thanks! :) Since KSP 1.0.4 on my rig seems to run better with terrain rendering quality set to default and V-Sync off' date=' I already went ahead and decided to further improve my design (looks alot better now IMO but need to work on it some more). I did find an annoying issue with the nuclear engine when it's activated, namely the fact that at 0% of thrust I keep hearing this loud noise for a split second and then it cuts off and that goes on and on the entire time the engine is activated. It sounds like the engine's idle sound wants to start playing but doesn't, annoying and hurts my ears. Would like to get rid of it.[/quote']

Perhaps a config for the Eva is wrong, I will take a look :)

Hey Beale, what would operational characteristics of Fregat be? How far can we sling Soyuz in terms of Delta-Vee? I do like spherical things, my survey sats usually have 'roundified' tanks but if I can launch my Duna surveyor on it, I wouldn't miss an opportunity. Or spirit.

Hello!

Fregat is self-controllable (but, this is up for debate), runs on LFO/OX and can... I am not sure yet.

There will also be a fuel only (I.E. six spherical tanks without engine).

and drop tank version (yet to design, not entertaining prospect).

The Soyuz could push onwards towards the Moon IRL with a Fregat stage, well I am light on the details I need to read up.

soyuz_acts_fregat_1.jpg

Stock-balanced KSP Fregat can no-doubt go an extra distance.

Actually I updated the texture :)

6c093cb86d.jpg

262e009c04.jpg

It is actually a "0.9375m" part. The central precipice of the tanks forms a connection point of that diameter. But, it will look good with many other sizes.

b654ca6f4c.jpg

Edited by Beale

Perhaps a config for the Eva is wrong, I will take a look :)

Just started to fiddle with the config myself and while comparing Eva to stock's nuclear engine I noticed that "skinInternalConductionMult" line is missing from Eva so I added it to Eva (EDIT: edited out my brain fart). Other modifications I made (for my own playstyle) to the engine were reducing the heat production a bit, making alternator give out more electric charge, one zero more of specific impulse and of course more thrust, about 4000 units of it. :cool:

Also what the heck does this module line in stock engine do?

MODULE
{
name = ModuleTestSubject
environments = 8
useStaging = False
useEvent = True
}

Other than that I'm not exactly sure what's causing the sound issue. Tested the stock engine too and even that has that sound issue but not as severe as with Eva.

Also to note: The sound issue shows up after the engine has already been used a bit as the problem doesn't show up when you activate the engine for the first time.

Gonna test this thing some more and see what I'll find.

Edited by T'Flok

Well' date=' found a way to make my KSP 1.0.4 run a bit more bearable. Had to finally scratch that itch of mine with those new parts with this:

[url']http://imgur.com/a/xSypM

Wow, very Impressive Sir. Craft File?

Wow, very Impressive Sir. Craft File?

Thanks! Bit.. unexpected. :sealed: Unfortunately I'd have to remove some of my customized parts (separate parts and modified parts with unique configs) from the ship and re-add the original parts, besides that ship's not really finished anyway hence why it has the word "Draft" at the end of it and even my current ongoing v2 version of it is even more of a pain to re-purpose. Even If I get it all done the ship weighs about 20-30 tops and the original engine thrust might as well be a fire extinguisher. Sorry. :P It's easier if you build a similar looking craft yourself.

EDIT: Regarding the sound issue, still no idea what's causing it. :(

Edited by T'Flok

Actually two of the tanks on Fregat aren't fuel tanks, but rather avionics and whatnot. The other four are fuel.

I think that differentiating the two would make the overall design more interesting, just from a visual standpoint.

Phobos_Grunt_base_section_model.jpg

You can see how the control spheres look distinct from the propellant tanks.

Angara A5 scales to 1.64m in KSP using the Soyuz capsule as a standard, so it's closer to 1.5m really. Either 1.5m or 1.875m works for Angara. Personal preference. Both sizes are available in my TweakScale configs. Angara is a really boring rocket frankly. It's just a core with identical boosters. I wouldn't stop Beale from making Angara RD-191s, but we have enough totally suitable tanks for Angara and Briz-M as it is.

I tend to shy away from those additional scales, so with a 2.5m PTK-NP, a 1.875m URM-1 core makes sense. Angara is a pretty boring rocket, you're right, but it's pretty useful! You can actually fudge a lot of rockets using Tweakscale and Tantares parts. So far I have Atlas V, Delta II, III, and IV, Angara, Zenit, and maybe Ariane 6 soon enough.

Also what the heck does this module line in stock engine do?

MODULE
{
name = ModuleTestSubject
environments = 8
useStaging = False
useEvent = True
}

That allows the engine to be picked for testing contracts :)

Love the craft file collection! Very nice stuff!

Cool scanning setup! I like the Progress modification.

I think that differentiating the two would make the overall design more interesting' date=' just from a visual standpoint.

[url']https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Phobos_Grunt_base_section_model.jpg

You can see how the control spheres look distinct from the propellant tanks.

Mmmm, this is a good image. Thank you.

I think for the sake of clarity, I need some kind of tell between the Fregat-With-Onboard-Engine and the Plain-Fuel-Tank of the same design. Something like this would do well :)

f26138230e.jpg

7b61602a38.jpg

1efb1b4517.jpg

Edit: More tweaks. I am tired now.

44915f3f8e.jpg

ffe315d3f0.jpg

337911eab1.jpg

Edited by Beale

You're welcome! It's one of the first images that comes up if you google Fregat, it's the specific configuration that was used for the Phobos-Grunt mission.

Beale, could you clarify two things for me:

1) What exactly are the Hamal Descent Blocks? Are they just the progress cores that are meant to survive reentry? Or are they supposed to be Zond Circumlunar modules (which is what I always thought they were)

2) Why are the parts for the British rockets, as well as the Antares rocket, located in the same node as the Mainsail? Why not push them back a level or two. The Black Prince parts in particular would be nice to have before 2.5m rockets become available. I was considering making the change in the cfgs on my end but I was curious what the reasoning was.