[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

4 hours ago, Beale said:

I do appreciate the input fellas, but simple fact is I only really have a huge enjoyment (with legs) for games when I enjoy playing them at the same time.
KSP is bled dry, I've done planet packs, parallax, realism, blah blah blah - everything. I don't play it anymore. I'm not going to drop names, but I know for a fact this rings true for many other people who modded the game for years alongside me.

Needs fresh ground and fresh ideas, KSP 2 has had a very rocky start yes, but I like the direction it has taken, the presentation, the atmosphere.
I have faith in the devs, and they're a good bunch of people. If you haven't tried the recent update yet, the performance is really improved in it, and the science update is just around the corner.

Love this stuff, thanks for it.

Indeed, the haters' conversations are about nothing. However, I am really afraid that KPS2 will simply be abandoned due to lack of resources for its development. To successfully develop a game like KPS 2 you need a lot of money, much more than was required for vanilla KPS1. However, the results of sales and popularity of KPS1 and KSP2 indicate a sad state of affairs.

7 hours ago, Beale said:

I do appreciate the input fellas, but simple fact is I only really have a huge enjoyment (with legs) for games when I enjoy playing them at the same time.
KSP is bled dry, I've done planet packs, parallax, realism, blah blah blah - everything. I don't play it anymore. I'm not going to drop names, but I know for a fact this rings true for many other people who modded the game for years alongside me.

Needs fresh ground and fresh ideas, KSP 2 has had a very rocky start yes, but I like the direction it has taken, the presentation, the atmosphere.
I have faith in the devs, and they're a good bunch of people. If you haven't tried the recent update yet, the performance is really improved in it, and the science update is just around the corner.

Love this stuff, thanks for it.

Whatever you do next I know it’ll be awesome!

1 hour ago, jacks said:

het i cant seem to get the new textures from this mod. does any one know why?

i have installed the new update

The newest official Update 25.2? Or the one from github? The new textures aren`t in 25.2. But they are in the github-version.

16 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

The newest official Update 25.2? Or the one from github? The new textures aren`t in 25.2. But they are in the github-version.

25.2 is just a small hotfix for fuel feed issues.

The Soyuz update 26.0 will be here shortly.

screenshot349.png?ex=6591668f&is=657ef18

Edited by Beale

17 hours ago, Unbreakify said:

image.png?ex=6591a35a&is=657f2e5a&hm=33b

I don't think this is meant to happen. @Beale FYI im using the latest GitHub version.

Do you have B9 Part Switch? And, if so, did you install it properly? If I'm not mistaken, texture glitches like this are usually to do with B9 Part Switch either malfunctioning or being absent.

Just now, septemberWaves said:

Do you have B9 Part Switch? And, if so, did you install it properly? If I'm not mistaken, texture glitches like this are usually to do with B9 Part Switch either malfunctioning or being absent.

yes, i've had it installed since i got SOCK. to my knowledge it hasn't been updated since i downloaded it, and the rest of Tantares works fine. Im assuming this is just a weird bug with the Rotanev Size 4 Fairing.. which is oddly specific.

1 hour ago, Unbreakify said:

yes, i've had it installed since i got SOCK. to my knowledge it hasn't been updated since i downloaded it, and the rest of Tantares works fine. Im assuming this is just a weird bug with the Rotanev Size 4 Fairing.. which is oddly specific.

My recommendation would be to take the following steps:

1. Create a clean install of KSP. This is referred to as the "test instance" in the following steps.
  2. Using CKAN, install the Tantares mod set and all dependencies on the test instance.
  3. Load up the test instance and check if the bug is present. If not (and I suspect this will be the case), proceed to the following step.
  4. Re-download the latest Tantares builds from the Github, and manually replace the CKAN-installed versions in the test instance with the newly-downloaded latest versions.
  5. Load up the test instance to check if the bug is still present.

There are three possible outcomes (assuming nothing breaks in the middle of this process):

1. If the bug is present at step 3, with the CKAN builds of Tantares, then either this is an issue that has existed in Tantares for multiple updates without being noticed, or one of the dependencies of Tantares (likely B9 Part Switch) is bugged, or your clean install wasn't made properly (i.e. there are lingering mod files that shouldn't be there).
  2. If the bug is not present at step 3 but is present at step 5, with the latest builds of Tantares, then either this is a new issue with the latest builds of Tantares, or one of the dependencies of Tantares is bugged, or your clean install wasn't made properly.
  3. If the bug isn't present on the test instance in either case, then the issue is localized to the install where you first encountered it. In this eventuality, I'd recommend adding the modlist of that install to the test instance gradually (add mods one by one or in small groups) and load up the game each time you make a change to find what's causing the problem.

On 12/17/2023 at 5:23 PM, Unbreakify said:

image.png?ex=6591a35a&is=657f2e5a&hm=33b

I don't think this is meant to happen. @Beale FYI im using the latest GitHub version.

That's @Zarbon44's mod Intercolour:

That part (the Energia-M fairing base) included with basic Tantares does not have any variants by default.

Tantares 26.0 for KSP 1.12.X

Finally.
The existing (now old) Soyuz parts have not been deprecated, just hidden. All existing craft files should work as normal.
The new Soyuz parts should be 1-1 replacements, identical node placements. The only caveat is that the Service Modules are now more like fuel tanks, the engines are separate parts.

This Update:
    - Revamped the Soyuz to be prettier.

Warning:
    - Some parts may have been deprecated. Previous craft built using these parts should still load, but the deprecated parts will appear black, without a texture. I recommend retiring these craft, as deprecated parts will be removed in the next version.

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares/releases/tag/v26.0

3E9qX3T.png

x6PYbZk.png

99ZfOEL.png

2 hours ago, Unbreakify said:

Reloaded the game and works fine now.

I have now been able to reproduce the problem myself: I saved the craftfile from Soyuz-TM as a component and placed it on a Soyuz rocket. Then added a launchpad with Modular Launch Pads. After that I could only place kerbals in the launchpad. After I saved the whole thing and reloaded it, it worked.