[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

Quick update on what I've been up to.

Not a lot of new stuff these last few days. My focus has been on updating and polishing existing content. This does mean new stuff less often for a little while but lots of improvement of existing stuff. Here's what one of Arakebo's platforms now looks like, to give you an idea of what I mean:

http://www.kashcorp.co.uk/arakebover2.jpg

Details, details. This platform was pretty much empty. Other little details being added to Arakebo include footbridges from the platforms over to the dish. And I'm experimenting with a working cable car system for the second platform. Lots to look forward to.

Good Grief! That looks amazing compared to what it is now! Good luck with the other bases.

I havent seen it mentioned...

What? You haven't read all 66 pages!?

:-) It has been mentioned - AlphaAsh said he uses SCANSat whenever he updates the map - but it's not easy to find. I have also used the BTDT scanner to identify the places, although it does make things a bit cluttered.

Note: The Buoy spawns further away then shown in the pictures. This is for those who build flying boats.

And even more for the non-flying ones! I hope it's far enough away that big boats and floating structures don't spawn on top of it due to their size. Great work :-)

So heres something strange... my game is more stable with this mod. Went from crashing a few times a session to.. not at all. I downloaded the fullpack with the utmost confidence that the game would crash on load up. But the x64 version ate the up the memory and again my game now runs better then what it did before.. I didn't do anything except install the full version of this mod. I don't know what you did... but thank you, lol.

KerbTown has a bug at the moment where returning to the VAB/SPH and then immediately launching back to the same location means the location doesn't re-render. I thought it might be fixed but it's still happening and similar re-rendering failure issues are still happening. It's tricky to track down exactly when though. medsouz will probably spot this post and take a look at it.

The work around I've been using is after launching if the base is missing, is immediately 're-launch' via the escape menu. This should re-trigger the rendering of the base. Don't return to the VAB or SPH first.

Yeah, I've been having this problem. I find that if immediately after launch the runway is missing, I can just hit revert to launch and it will appear. Unfortunately it can also happen when switching from the tracking station, which is more of a problem.

All hail medsouz for he has brought to us oh bountious features with Kerbal Konstructs.

hailmedsouz.jpg

Note to those submitting blurbs for bases. No scroll bar in the description box (yet?) so please limit any submissions to about 50 words for now. Cheers.

I'll have a set of updated configs for KerbinSide launch locations out asap (probably later next week) and will likely bump the All In 1 to 0.36 at the same time.

Remember, all hail the medsouz for he doth rocketh. Or something.

Today I've been revamping the mods I have installed and I hit a snag because I wanted RemoteTech and Kerbin-Side Tracking Stations to mesh together with the tracking stations actually working in RemoteTech. It took a few hours, but I think I worked everything out and I wanted to share. Paste the following into RemoteTech_Settings.cfg. It should put RemoteTech ground stations at the coordinates where the Kerbin-Side models are.

STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc500
Name = Tracking Station 1
Latitude = 5.591029
Longitude = -61.303539
Height = 1409.33
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc501
Name = Tracking Station 2
Latitude = 78.608117
Longitude = 147.491623
Height = 2817.58
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc502
Name = Tracking Station 3
Latitude = 20.453920
Longitude = -78.093832
Height = 3684.54
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc503
Name = Tracking Station 4
Latitude = 20.986161
Longitude = -117.304872
Height = 4204.48
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc504
Name = Tracking Station 5
Latitude = 14.733632
Longitude = -127.017657
Height = 2999.19
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc505
Name = Tracking Station 6
Latitude = 16.043645
Longitude = -156.864196
Height = 4704.55
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc506
Name = Tracking Station 7
Latitude = 3.329209
Longitude = -37.145679
Height = 2230.51
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
}

If you want to add more RemoteTech tracking stations to other Kerbin-Side sites, here's how you do it and get the coordinates right: ctrl-k to open the KerbTown editor, click 'show existing' to bring up the existing static assets list, click the KerbinSide location you want and the coordinates will come up when the view centers on the selected location. DO NOT use the coordinates as they are shown because KerbinSide and RemoteTech use different settings. The first coordinate (Latitude) will be correct, positive is north and negative is south. With Longitude, you'll want to take the number given and subtract 180. So 118.696461 becomes -61.303539 as an example. You'll also want to write down the 'Radial Offset (Alt)' Then, go to RemoteTech_Settings.cfg and make a new STATION entry (copy-paste the original to give you the format) and change the relevant info. You'll also want to change Guid just a little bit to give a unique number. The original Guid is 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488, so changing it to 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc489 would work. Then change the name to whatever you want, enter in the latitude and longitude you came up with, and the altitude.

Kerbin City seems to be in limbo still. I'm taking the liberty to install my own bridge and HQ.

Ahhh... back when I didn't realize there was a bridge missing.

Aon4N7h.jpg

Edit: it took weeks for Jeb to dry out the truck.

Edited by Eskandare

earlier when i was playing in stock KSP i noticed that KSC 2's launch site is actually the same one as KSC's through accidental science, they just moved the pad + area and added the pad with the same layer for area (thank you flags for logic), so now i'm glad i can launch there...kinda pointless for a flag though...still a cool fact i learned for it being half a planet away from the actual launch site

A suggestion came to mind while writing the submission (For The Ben Bay Helipad), how about a full blown multi-helicopter pad , probably only one of which you can launch from. Basically a heliport. Just had to write this down though. Ideas are never a bad thing are they :cool:

EDIT: Sent in my submission.

Edited by Spacepetscompany

Coastal Extras has been updated to version 1.2. Only change is the lighthouse now 'works'. Go see one at night and you'll understand.

EDIT coming to add updated list of base blurbs done or being edited.

Base blurbs done as of 15th September:

Arakebo Clinic

Arakebo Station

Area 110011

Ben Bay Helipad

Brownrock Station

Deadkerbal Pit Helipad

Everkrest Helipad

KKVLA

Lake Dermal

Lushlands

Milfurt Island

Sandy Island Helibase

South Pole Helipad

South Pole Runway

Zebedee Polar Launch Base

Edited by AlphaAsh

Wait....... Does this mean that sommone already did Ben Bay Helipad Before me? That sucks.....

It's one I was doing before I got your submission SPC. Don't sweat it chap, it's my fault for not bagsying it, because it's one of the few personal insertions of my own lore into KSP (specifically that it's the HQ of KashCorp). There's quite a few still to do.