[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

9 minutes ago, yryrs said:

Sun show nomally in tracking sation,but in real fight,it have no light,like a planet,and  disappears when press "M" to change map.

If you followed the scatterer's OP instructions then I'm pretty sure you read that you have to edit the planetslist.cfg changing celestialname and transformname to earth and rename the folders, right? 

6 minutes ago, Theysen said:

If you followed the scatterer's OP instructions then I'm pretty sure you read that you have to edit the planetslist.cfg changing celestialname and transformname to earth and rename the folders, right? 

I do not change planetslist.cfg,the same as https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/blob/Linux64/scatterer/config/PlanetsList.cfg.After I remove scatterer,the sun show perfect.but i dont know why.

42 minutes ago, yryrs said:

I do not change planetslist.cfg,the same as https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/blob/Linux64/scatterer/config/PlanetsList.cfg.After I remove scatterer,the sun show perfect.but i dont know why.

That is because RVE is not yet configured for the newest scatterer which you downloaded I guess. Either you adapt it on your own for the newest release of scatterer or you try to download the correct version for RVE's configuration which should be 0.0.222 iirc.

On 3/9/2016 at 6:34 AM, Theysen said:

That is because RVE is not yet configured for the newest scatterer which you downloaded I guess. Either you adapt it on your own for the newest release of scatterer or you try to download the correct version for RVE's configuration which should be 0.0.222 iirc.

Is there any way you can download an older version of scatterer then?

22 minutes ago, Brianson100 said:

I have checked Scatterer's github and sadly the mod's several iterations are not uploaded as separate releases using such website functionality.

I will leave the experts to get back at you and help.

Edited by hypervelocity

4 minutes ago, hypervelocity said:

I have checked Scatterer's github and sadly the mod's several iterations are not uploaded as separate releases using such website functionality.

I will leave the experts to get back at you and help.

26 minutes ago, Brianson100 said:

Look for it on spacedock and check changelog, then you should grab the one before godrays and flare was added. Don't remember the version number, 0.022 iirc. 

3 minutes ago, Einkleinermensch said:

Wow, it looks great! But how heavy is RVE now? It seems that my Nvidia GT630M and Core i5-3210M can't give more than 10 fps in atmosphere with scatterer...

I've noticed an performance drop in atmsphere recently too, still tryna figure whats causing it cos scatterer's had some recent performance boosts done to it and I haven't added anything new (performance wise) :/

Edited by pingopete

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.