[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

On 4/22/2016 at 4:12 PM, hypervelocity said:

lovely videos and lovely music man, I'm really digging that ethereal ambient electronic music, is it something of your creation?

Unfortunately not, though I have done some stuff kinda like it. Haven't really done much music recently though. PQS video was Astropilot (who does some of the music for SpaceEngine), And the one in Space was from the Revenant soundtrack (you can see the track in the first frame).

On 4/22/2016 at 4:37 PM, skbernard said:

nice landing, totally nailed it...   haha

No thanks to the broken wheel physics in KSP 1.1 :(

On 4/22/2016 at 7:00 PM, Zarbizaure said:

Wow! Impressive performance with 1.1 :D It looks really cool! (also, what is your config to have an idea of what I could expect?)

What do you mean?

8 minutes ago, Zarbizaure said:

I meant: On what are you running RVE? Is your computer completely over-powered or should it be playable withouth too much FPS losses on a middle-end computer?

That something I hope you guys can help with a little later down the line when I get a testing version up :)

I'm aiming to keep the frames as high as possible though optimizations, so that people will have a decent experience on average PC's however the simple fact is if you wanna be running RSS and any kind of visual enhancment and part mods a low end PC/laptop really is probably gonna struggle. I may make a low end version later but I always feel bad doing that cos it leaves people feeling kinda rejected haha, I'd rather try and bring high end visuals to as many people as possible regardless of PC specs :) 

Apologies if this has been answered already but I couldnt find anything. I've been having this glitch on Linux in 1.0.5 and I dont seem to be able to fix it. I also can't access the alt-0 menu, nothing shows up when I try to bring it up.

Fz2hxxu.jpg

Thanks!

On 4/16/2016 at 1:22 PM, pditty8811 said:

I was able to find the conflict. USI Tools is preventing RVE to work. I know this for a fact. I will snoop through usi tools to try to find conflict.

It cant be a memory limitation on my machine because I have 16gb RAM, am using x64 version on windows 7.

Just wanted to add that CareerManager and DistantObject mods are also conflicting with RVE in 1.0.5

After just complementing @Nhawks17 on his nice port of your amazing mod ( I know you, @pingopete already saw this particular post :wink: )I thought I should also stop by your thread and tell you here once again, what amazing work you have done. I mean I won't use it in RSS (Would like to but yeah RL and all), I must say RVE is absoluteley gorgeous and I could look at the picture for hours. Your mod truly is one of the prime example, what marvelous work the KSP Modding Community is doing.

Edited by DasBananenbrot

On 4/25/2016 at 9:13 AM, pditty8811 said:

Just wanted to add that CareerManager and DistantObject mods are also conflicting with RVE in 1.0.5

Ok thanks, I've got DistantObjects working with RVE in 1.1 just fine, not to sure about the career manager though

What are you guys planning on doing with your old Linux partitions?? I'm trying to decide :P Also winged awesome craft, I need to mess with stock textures more! Oh and is that in 1.1? I haven't been able to get ground textures working :/

1 minute ago, pingopete said:

What are you guys planning on doing with your old Linux partitions?? I'm trying to decide :P Also winged awesome craft, I need to mess with stock textures more! Oh and is that in 1.1? I haven't been able to get ground textures working :/

Old Linux partitions? Linux is my main OS, and I intend to continue running KSP on Linux because that way I don't have to reboot for KSP fun...

2 minutes ago, Sput42 said:

Old Linux partitions? Linux is my main OS, and I intend to continue running KSP on Linux because that way I don't have to reboot for KSP fun...

Ah fairs, I'm the opposite and so have the opposite issue haha :P I'm thinking I may just keep it as a safety net in case I somehow obliterate my windows partition again 

Edited by pingopete

Some early planet testing, also trying some new flare effects and subtle lens dirt using the scatterer sunflare feature. Haven't been able to get terrain textures working yet at all, and seem to have hit some kind of weird limit/bug when adding cloud layers to certain planets (non-stock e.g. Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus) @NathanKell @rbray89 that causes the game to get stuck at the space center screen :/

Edited by pingopete

10 minutes ago, pingopete said:

seem to have hit some kind of weird limit/bug when adding cloud layers to certain planets (non-stock e.g. Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus) @NathanKell @rbray89 that causes the game to get stuck at the space center screen :/

Don't forget to add a PQS Manager entry for non-PQS entities (gas Giants). There is an example there for Jool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.