[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

I found it, evidently the Mars detail tex is funky.

http://i.imgur.com/3WEI7qC.png

I tried messing with the color things, but I'm not good at converting numbers into colors.

It's probably not in color settings. Texture size is the issue probably. Maybe pingopete still has not added ground textures other than the Moon and Earth.

If only i had a probe on mars, i could mess with these settings.

bjysHeI.png

:D

Now seriously, it is beyond my power to change Mars's color. I am able to turn the ground reddish with EVE manager, but it also changes the color of Mars's "Far textures"... So I could use some help.

Any idea Pingopete?

If you could tell my where the ground texture is, I could tweak it a little.

EDIT : The pic was taken at noon

EDIT2 :

zqj7Akl.png

1024 squared pixels images are too small for ground textures.

I tried with EarthSurface texture (4096) and it was REALLY nice (exept for the green and water).

Edited by pozine

:D

Now seriously, it is beyond my power to change Mars's color. I am able to turn the ground reddish with EVE manager, but it also changes the color of Mars's "Far textures"... So I could use some help.

Any idea Pingopete?

If you could tell my where the ground texture is, I could tweak it a little.

EDIT : The pic was taken at noon

http://i.imgur.com/bjysHeI.png

Sorry I didn't ghet back sooner, I haven't started on those planet's yet, mainly because of the issues you've been finding, kinda waiting for some features and stuff to be added to the Overhaul. You can use the stock textures in EVE by removing all text from the texture adress line in the GUI, then adjust the scale, fade dist. etc.. thought they wont have normals, something else I've suggested :)

Sorry I didn't ghet back sooner, I haven't started on those planet's yet, mainly because of the issues you've been finding, kinda waiting for some features and stuff to be added to the Overhaul. You can use the stock textures in EVE by removing all text from the texture adress line in the GUI, then adjust the scale, fade dist. etc.. thought they wont have normals, something else I've suggested :)

Ok thank you!

I will be trying to put some not copyrighted 4096x4096 textures on Mars, to see how it looks like

A nice feature would be each biome could support a different texture

Edited by pozine

No! Not even. It's a 72mb dds 8k texture taken from a JPL (I think) picture that was 20k X 10k pixels.

I take it you're on linux then :P

I'm hoping biome texture support and varying distance levels for textures will be implimented, would mean smaller textures could be used while looking just as good (and will make more sense visually).

Bu we have big impact in space explororation (On ISS there are our antennas and we maded MUPUS for Philae lander). Oh, and we have our space agency (POLSA) and two sattelites PW-SAT and Lem. If USSR at cold war doesn't have impact on Poland, we maybe will have an our rocket :)

Have you played with EVE manager? Sometimes it did the same thing to my game when I was changing config files ingame.

Just time accelerate until you reach the clouds (those in the pic). Then your problem should be gone...

But, clouds are hidding, when i'm closer to them.

Hello Pete.

You have done incredible work here. I have come to ask you humbly if I can apply your work for earth to my 10x kerbin config. It would be incredible to have kerbin look as beautiful as your earth.

By all means, I say the same to all, use/modification of textures etc in this mod for purposes of personal use don't need to ask, just if you wanted to say re-distribute them as another mod would be nice to ask first :P (not that you've done something wrong just so you know :)

Please do, although this mod is still in its early stages. I think chezburgar said he'd work on a 3x config so may be worth talking to him :)

But, clouds are hidding, when i'm closer to them.

This is a known bug that occurs when you switch to an orbiting vessel directly from game load (without launching). Warp so you're on the dark side of the planet, then open EVE GUI with alt + E, hit apply. This should fix the bug for the most part, although the area you hit apply in will have no clouds/textures etc.

Launching into space or loading a vehicle in the atmosphere before going into space should prevent this bug from happening, still needs a fix however.

Edited by pingopete

Thanks Pete. Actually once I work out the configuration I would like to distribute it as one of the configurations for 10x kerbin. If I by miracle make it look even better I will feed the changes back to you to inspect.

yeah sounds good! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.