[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

Huh. I used a RSS pre 6.3 config. All worked just perfect, but there weren't KSC switcher. I took RSS 6.2, wrapped meshes and now there are no clouds above the Earth, clouds above the Mars are in a few thousands km from it's surface and so on. I must use .obj files, that was in archive with RSS until 6.3 isn't released, or that's another problem with *nix compatibility? (I renamed EveManager in EVEManager and made neccessary changes in Texture Replacer's and ATM configs).

Mein Gott, when Squad will finish 0.24 with normal x64 compatibility?

I had to drop KSP's texture resolution to 1/4 just to be able to load.

Even in 0.2.1 with the memory reductions, fixes and lower res textures?

Regarding updates: I've decided to wait for rbray to release Overhaul 9.3, and update RVE to 0.3 when he does, the sheer amount of improvement by having just one dedicated, continuous, volumetric haze around the planets instead of 'fake' 2D layers will be huge.

If you see an update for the overhauls let me know and I'll get straight on implementing its new features.

Even in 0.2.1 with the memory reductions, fixes and lower res textures?

Yep. It usually just sits hovering around 2.4GB but there are these occasional spikes that pop RAM usage up near the limit of 3.4GB. With textures set to 1/2 it would often pop just above 3.5GB at times so I was getting frequent crashes.

I'm really looking forward to 64-bit KSP, as I can get my texture quality back!

Yep. It usually just sits hovering around 2.4GB but there are these occasional spikes that pop RAM usage up near the limit of 3.4GB. With textures set to 1/2 it would often pop just above 3.5GB at times so I was getting frequent crashes.

I'm really looking forward to 64-bit KSP, as I can get my texture quality back!

I guess we'll have to hang tight for the official version, and for Overhaul 9.3. Neither of which I have the faintest idea about ETA's, so could be tomorrow.. could be next month.. who knows

EDIT: Ok so it turns out it did literally 'come tomorrow' lol, head to the KSP download site to get yo Native 64xKSP

Edited by pingopete

What planets are in the mod? Are there any dwarf planets like Pluto or Sedna? I would love to do New Horizons :D

All the main planets excluding neptune for the time being. Then the moons Titan, Ganymede, europa, Io, Callisto, and Deimos+Phobos(Although these two don't have the correct shapes yet, this will be sorted in the next release :)

You should be aware this is only preliminary work, While I'm fairly happy without the outwards appearance of the planets and moons, most of the gas planets need a considerable amount more work at ground level, so I wouldn't suggest landing on any gasious planets until next release!

As far as pluto goes, RVE currently has a texture for it based roughly off of ganymede, however when RSS gets updated to 7.0 it's getting one of the nicest textural impressions for it I think I've ever seen, thanks to Dimonnomid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.