[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

Pingopete, I'm really thrilled to see what you can cook up with the new amazing releases by rbray89.

Ha Me too! I've started testing out the preliminary atmo shader, there are still a few bugs but the difference it'll make will be great :) Also normal maps should be back for next release hopefully. RSS 7.0 should include a few things that'll mean I can start to get the planets ground sorted.

Doesn't seem to work under 0.24? when I start up the game I get info that RealSolarSystem is not compatible

Did you drag a fresh RSS6.2 then 6.3 preliminary then RVE, that worked for me :/ ? If yes and it's still not working you might need the latest RealSolarSystem.dll from NathanKell's github. If you're gonna start doing the latter, you may as well use his entire up to date RSS folder from there by downloading the master of his github, that'll update everything but will still need to be dragged onto 6.2 at least.

Hey pingopete, I've been following this for a while and I have to say it's awesome! I haven't been playing RSS much because I'm waiting for Procedural Parts, Real Fuels, and the other essential mods to be updated but I can assure you I'll be using this now that we have 64 bit support! Cheers! :)

Hey pingopete, I've been following this for a while and I have to say it's awesome! I haven't been playing RSS much because I'm waiting for Procedural Parts, Real Fuels, and the other essential mods to be updated but I can assure you I'll be using this now that we have 64 bit support! Cheers! :)
Thank you :) There are many good things close on the horizon for this mod, I'm really excited about the possibilities, just waiting on some features from rbray, RSS 7.0 is gonna look fabulous from what I've seen so far! This slight pause while people wait for other mods to update is good for this reason

Did you drag a fresh RSS6.2 then 6.3 preliminary then RVE, that worked for me :/ ? If yes and it's still not working you might need the latest RealSolarSystem.dll from NathanKell's github. If you're gonna start doing the latter, you may as well use his entire up to date RSS folder from there by downloading the master of his github, that'll update everything but will still need to be dragged onto 6.2 at least.

that that is exactly what I did, in that order, but that didn't do the trick

how would I get to this github you speak of, got a link for me? :)

This is what RVE 0.3 will look like, working with the new atmosphere shader and removed some remaining bugs such as layers ending in the sky, so auroras and atmosphere layers should stretch off into the distance :) Rbrays atmo shader and cloud shadows certainly aren't finished yet though, but it's a taster of what will be available for next release.

ThfLflH.png

Saegio: You can try DL'ing the latest 'master' of RealSolarSystem, but it won't run 100% smoothly with RVE .2.1 as it was designed for the previous version, It'll probably look alright on earth though. Again I'd strogly reccoment waiting till next release.

(Look for the Download Zip button on the bottom right) then just use the RSS folder within it

I also have this "Doesn't seem to work under 0.24? when I start up the game I get info that RealSolarSystem is not compatible " prompted.

I did everything to the letter, including deleting .obj files. But i added the high quality maps from RSS thread[city light mask, and HQ texture for earth]

Doesn't seem to work under 0.24? when I start up the game I get info that RealSolarSystem is not compatible
that that is exactly what I did, in that order, but that didn't do the trick

how would I get to this github you speak of, got a link for me? :)

Try to replace RealSolarSystem.dll with this one and delete all *.obj files in RealSolarSystem/Plugins/PluginData.

Try to replace RealSolarSystem.dll with this one and delete all *.obj files in RealSolarSystem/Plugins/PluginData.

Try this but when I moved the rss7.0 .dll into the old RVE stuff it caused some planet sizing issues, give it try though.

Has anyone actually tried playing with it though and ignored the messages on load?

Edited by pingopete

Does it actually work though?

well I only looked at the map in the space center, and there it seemed correct at least, but didn't actually play with it since I am currently messing with mods xD

that fixed it thanks.

Minmus behaves weird, it's a perfect sphere now and when I switch to a flag there, the sky is just white xD

my flag on Dres seems to be clipping out of view most of the time

also I have noticed that I am getting lots of flickering on Earth seen from orbit, and on some other planets

and also weird flickering of the ground and sky when turning the camera in the KSC

gonna sit tight till the next release I think :)

Edited by saegio

Thanks, Yeah I'm sorry but won't be able to create an updated version for RSS 7 for a week or so as I'm away. If people can wait I'd rather just hang on until rbray finishes his atmosphere shader, cloud shadows and get the terrain shader fixed. Until then the current RVE release with the supported mod versions stated is the most stable option.

Hate to bump, but is there any new progress or something? Is there a new thread in the Add-on Releases forum and I haven't seen it yet?

Pingopete is waiting for a less buggy/more awesome version of Visual Enhancements to come out. The guy programming Visual Enhancements is swamped in work at the moment though, so it could take a few weeks before we see new goodies.

• 3 weeks later...
rbray89 put up some new pre-releases on the GitHub page, not sure if they have the changes you were looking for. It's still worth checking out, though. :)

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/tree/Overhaul

Thanks, yeah I've been following this closely, waiting, As far as I know the shadows aren't working right yet on rss, and volumetric atmosphere is still heavily WIP.

Bump maps have now been included though :)

Also note that the latest RSS v7.2 does allow full, specific camera editing :)

Sweet, and what might that entail? :D is that in the frequency gui?

I've been playing with 7.2 recently, the ground level bumps and noise work great with rbrays terrain manager :)

camera00 and 01 are the two relevant cameras (the ones that increase far clipping when you hit p).

For now the values aren't saved (just like AFG); when you find good values then I'll get to finishing the reading of them from cfg (that does sorta work, but only for far clipping).

ah ok yeah I'm slowly resuming progress while also waiting avidly for updates on rbrays behalf. and I've been just settling into the rhythm of full time work. But I can't do too much atm as scaled space layer aren't working at with overhauls. I found that hitting P to x1.5 each time was a good cam distance, I don't fully understand all the values yet but I know that above 5 begins to glitch out EVE layers.

Sorry I've been gone for so long, I've resumed work on the city lights, although these may look pretty shabby its in development for sure. Been focusing on getting the day time textures looking nicer and to match the night ones. I'm also gonna be going through all available textures in EVE and customising them for large scale rss use.

The main cause of this hiatus has been the slowed development of rbrays overhauls, when he gets up and running expect some big, juicy changes :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.