[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

no problem :D

if you know about texture editing you can return the favor, I'm having some problems with the mbm files

no I'm sorry still a noobie with mods, infact i'm still having issues with the stock RT antennae.

if I get the extend button I don't get the antenna in the science folder in VHB, if I get the antennae in VHB i don't get the extend button

no I'm sorry still a noobie with mods, infact i'm still having issues with the stock RT antennae.

if I get the extend button I don't get the antenna in the science folder in VHB, if I get the antennae in VHB i don't get the extend button

I never really tried that pack, RT is the only mod I've always had installed. Never played without it.

I never really tried that pack, RT is the only mod I've always had installed. Never played without it.

I think I've figure it out, that config file was made before .90 and is not compatible with how the parts are now organized. I'm gonna try to fix it.

Remote tech is super. If i do an antenna on my mod parts, can i implement your code to work with Remote tech from pack?

yes, it's really simple. just go to GameData\RemoteTech\ and you will find a bunch of .cfg files. open SquadAntennas.cfg (or something like that, I'm going with my memory here) and there you can find the configurations for giving an antenna the remote tech module.

I did it that way and it's working pretty well

Thanks Sigma88. That helps, but i ask about the license, the authorization of author.

;)

The license is GPL version 2 so you should be fine and look at all the branches of RT now.

The source code for RemoteTech is licensed under GPL version 2. The part models are not licensed to the general public and may not be redistributed without permission from their original creators.

EDIT- And it would be like any mod they just add a patch file for RT.

Edited by Mecripp2

I read that on first post too. My effort was a diplomatic one, besides de license, have the author bless.

But it's ok, i will do ass a stock code, then the RT do the rest automatically.

Thanks again MeCripp!

Edited by Climberfx

I read that on first post too. My effort was a diplomatic one, besides de license, have the autor bless.

But it's ok, i will do ass a stock code, then the RT do the rest automatically.

Thanks again MeCripp!

I know what you mean. I've written a pm to the OP way back before releasing my stuff but never got an answer. I don't know how much he checks the forum, in the end I just decided to put the stuff out and removing it if he showed up complaining

I can't set up a comms network. I have launched a number of fairly well equipped sats up to high orbits so they remain above Kerbin and I time it so a lower flying sat is overhead as well to make sure i have signal. I launch set up my 2.5k Apo approx then set a manoeuvre node to circularise. The I add into the flight computer to face Node which it does and press execute and they never burn. They come crashing back into Kerbin. I want the launch stage to come back to Kerbin so I can recover it which is why I don't circularise in low orbit. It has worked in the past when I was learning how to use remote tech but it seems to be broken. The only update I have made is for FAR which had a new version release recently.

I watch the sats when they are close to burn time but have no control for some reason despite still being above Kerbin and above a working sat with its dish facing towards my new sat. It means I can't manually control them either. The flight computer even changed its text to executing when it reaches the manoeuvre node but nothing happens.

edit: Turns out I'm an idiot. Not playing the game for a couple of weeks made me forget to set the throttle %.

Edited by uglyduckling81

Anyone know when version 1.7 will be available for reals? Action Groups Extended says that it works with RemoteTech, but only if you install a 1.7 pre-release, but I'd be a lot happier if I could use an "official" release, especially for a mod that interacts with so many others.

Anyone know when version 1.7 will be available for reals? Action Groups Extended says that it works with RemoteTech, but only if you install a 1.7 pre-release, but I'd be a lot happier if I could use an "official" release, especially for a mod that interacts with so many others.

I've been running the 1.7 prerelease since it was available. If anything it's less buggy than 1.6.3.

Ok so my last post i showed how to add the kso mechjeb to the remotetech_mechjeb.cfg because kso mechjeb atayed under "local control" now that bizzy has released his tomtom mechjeb (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77674-Small-MechJeb-touchscreen-case)

Ive had the same problem.

so here is an updated cfg for it. It still has the kso mechjeb code just in case u need it sometime. As before edit the remotetech_mechjeb.cfg and save.

// Support for MechJeb probe core

// Original config by Cilph

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:AFTER[MechJeb2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]

{

// Append tag to the existing part name

@title ^= :$: (ModuleSPU):

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPU

}

}

//Support for KSOS MechJeb by freak

@PART[mechjebkso]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:AFTER[MechJeb2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPU

}

}

//Support for Bizzys TomTom MechJeb by freak

@PART[tomtom]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:AFTER[MechJeb2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPU

}

}

Let me know if anyone needs the cfg uploaded so you can just drop it in the remotetech2 folder

As allways,happy kerbaling

freak

Edited by freakneek

Can someone explain me why everytime I switch between the satellites of my relay network they start spinning like crazy until they disintegrate? I use KJR, do you think it might interfere with his mod?

Can someone explain me why everytime I switch between the satellites of my relay network they start spinning like crazy until they disintegrate? I use KJR, do you think it might interfere with his mod?

If you mean kerbal joint reinforcement that's not the cause, I have both that and RT and have zero issues

Do you have SAS active? or maybe did you set the RT computer to point the ship in some direction? that may be the cause

If you mean kerbal joint reinforcement that's not the cause, I have both that and RT and have zero issues

Do you have SAS active? or maybe did you set the RT computer to point the ship in some direction? that may be the cause

No SAS and the RT computer was off, it only happens when i switch from one satellite to another.

I got rid of RT, im going to install it again and see if the problem persist if it does I'll post a video

No SAS and the RT computer was off, it only happens when i switch from one satellite to another.

I got rid of RT, im going to install it again and see if the problem persist if it does I'll post a video

I'd also try a clean install of KSP, you will be amazed of how many stuff can be fixed that way

I'd also try a clean install of KSP, you will be amazed of how many stuff can be fixed that way

I think it was KJR, I was using a really outdated version. After updating and reinstalling RT everything is working as it should