[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

It may not work in space, near Kerbin the AI works fine.

Of all the parts in BDA ... I love the laser (and now phaser) the most by far. The reason: It's the ONLY part in BDA that consumes any form of power. Everyone wants more guns & missiles ... gameplay becomes even more interesting when you've gotta balance everything, trust me. And at least I don't have to worry about accuracy: the phaser/laser never misses.

This is another mod I'm creating. Contents: warp core, phasers, impulse engines, photon torpedoes. Also phaser capacitors to keep propulsion and weapons separated, you can have full thrust or max weapons, not both. I'm still researching a way to modify radiator power consumption/EC use. Anyone who's played Klingon Academy or Bridgecommander knows how much fun this can be. Problem with the AI: It doesn't understand changing attitude to shield vulnerable parts, because it never had to.

This arena: gravity at 0.001, atmo pressure at 0.4. Max thrust per impulse engine: 3kN. This keeps combat close and gives the feeling of the fights on the big screen.

2 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

Using the new competition mode. The AI is so innacurate, I think out of all the vulcan shots fired from the K-16 only 10 or so hit and barely did anything

It really depends.  I'm rendering a video now where they still have very good accuracy.  I should mention that B9 procedural wings don't behave properly without FAR.  They have way too much drag and lift in stock aero, which is why your planes are very slow and sluggish to control, which may be making it harder for the AI to aim. 

Also @LORDPrometheus, looks like your missiles may need to have their heat damage increased a bit.  In that video by Combatsmithen, direct hits didn't break anything.

Edited by BahamutoD

1 hour ago, reosguy said:

I have a bug where when I hit launch it shows the space port then starts going left and up. Any solution?

Different forms of this issue have been reported but very few logs were submitted.  It may be an operating system problem but I'm not sure since I have very little data to go off.  If you have this problem, please submit your output_log.txt, which is found in the KSP_Data folder.

(Now added to FAQ since this is like the 8th time)

ps here's the video I was rendering: 

Edited by BahamutoD

Hm. This might well just be a false positive, but Chrome blocked my attempt to download 0.10.3.1 from SpaceDock, stating "...is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous", along with this support page: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6261569?p=ib_download_blocked&hl=en&rd=1

Fetching it from Github was no trouble, however.

2 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

Different forms of this issue have been reported but very few logs were submitted.  It may be an operating system problem but I'm not sure since I have very little data to go off.  If you have this problem, please submit your output_log.txt, which is found in the KSP_Data folder.

(Now added to FAQ since this is like the 8th time)

ps here's the video I was rendering: 

Missiles seem to be really easily thrown off by simple maneuvers, Also like i said before the AI tends to miss ALOT with guns, I understand a little missing so they arent laser beams of death but they miss ALOT to the point where even though they are within 300m of each other they still manage to miss. Watch my dogfight video if you haven't already and you will see what im talking about
EDIT: OOPS

Edited by Combatsmithen
Didnt see your respond

3 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

It really depends.  I'm rendering a video now where they still have very good accuracy.  I should mention that B9 procedural wings don't behave properly without FAR.  They have way too much drag and lift in stock aero, which is why your planes are very slow and sluggish to control, which may be making it harder for the AI to aim. 

Also @LORDPrometheus, looks like your missiles may need to have their heat damage increased a bit.  In that video by Combatsmithen, direct hits didn't break anything.

So thats why my planes using alot of those wings struggle to pass Mach 1 at 1000 meters...... Ah ha! I think you found my problem

Edited by Combatsmithen

On 4/12/2015 at 11:26 AM, Uzric said:

Hey Baha I've been playing this mod and I think it's glorious.

There is only a slight inconsistency that bothers me: turrets will (click-)shoot even when the weapon manager is not armed, unlike the rest of the weapons. Could you make it so they work like the rest and only shoot when armed? Maybe as an option in the settings if it is its intended behaviour.

Will you fix this please? It bothers me a little. I dunno, first world problems I guess haha. No pressure.

Keep up the good work, you're very talented.

55 minutes ago, Uzric said:

Will you fix this please? It bothers me a little. I dunno, first world problems I guess haha. No pressure.

Now what about the people who use one gun and no weapon manger.... Just throwing that out there. The Turrets fire off the mouse all the time and the Rocket Turrets only fire when armed. So there is a method to his madness.

Hi  quick  question regarding     airDetonation = false  and  airDetonationTiming = false, i see them in the cfg but cant find a turret that actively  uses the options, are they valid ? if so is airDetonationTiming a float or  a defined time in seconds, trying to generate something resembling flak

Cheers

ps loving the aircraft combat videos

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Hm... I reported this bug I'm having with BDarmory awhile back and still haven't found an adequate fix for it. I've tried a fresh install, downloading ActiveTextureManagement, and looked at numerous possible fixes but I haven't been able to solve the problem. The problem is this, while starting up the game and the whole loading screen once it reaches BDarmory/cmDropper/chaffDispenser/bahaChaffPod it stops loading. The game doesn't crash and it says its running but it refuses to load past that part, I've even let it sit there for an hour to no effect. The only work around I could find was to simply remove that part but that's not the whole problem. Once I enter the game all of the turrets excluding the Goalkeeper, Oerlikon, and thr new missile turrets are bugged. Some like the Abrams and Howitzer are missing textures and all of the broken turrets seem to aim at the reverse of the direction the mouse points in when activated even clipping through themselves like they don't have restraints.

I've tried it with my mods, just with BDarmory, again just BDamory with a fresh install of KSP and BDarmory. I haven't found a fix yet so I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose the issue.

Thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, Freeshooter said:

Stuff

Thanks in advance

Hi post the log, otherwise wild guesses are all you'll get, with a log we'll be able to see whats going on, Got to say initially it sounded like a mod conflict, but with that clean install I'm suspecting that something is not where its supposed to be

3 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi post the log, otherwise wild guesses are all you'll get, with a log we'll be able to see whats going on, Got to say initially it sounded like a mod conflict, but with that clean install I'm suspecting that something is not where its supposed to be

I believe this is the correct log.https://www.dropbox.com/s/upi1yz5qcvfuyh6/KSP.log?dl=0

3 hours ago, Uzric said:

I always thought that was a feature, not a bug. I may be using the mod in a non-standard way, but I always launched my missiles and bombs using the "Fire Missile" function of the Weapon Manager, I almost never Arm my weapons.

@BahamutoD I have a question about AA missiles: Do they currently require a direct hit, or can they explode with a proximity fuse? I'm not sure just from observation, but it seems they need a direct hit. If they do, that would be good place for improvement.

I just spent the last hour or so test driving my new tank. I played a game of 'catch me if you can' with two jets equipped for ground attack.

Observations:

• Hiding in amongst the KSC buildings made it very difficult to hit. The AI pilots had no problem blasting the R&D department in their frustration at me hiding under the bridge! This is true to life.
  • Smoke launchers are very good, but very wasteful - I had 4 equipped, but they all fired, leaving me out of countermeasures in quick time. They sometimes fired several times (I think because of multiple missile locks) which increased the wastefulness.
  • The defence against Hellfire missiles (and I presume Mavericks and bombs) is...move. Trundling around the KSC flats at 20ms was more than enough to flummox the AI pilots, who I presume treat all ground targets as stationary. TOW missiles were in action, but the planes invariably pull out of the dive and lose LOS, making them go wayward. They then float to the ground like snowflakes. There's something odd about the aerodynamics for Hellfires and TOWs when they've used up their propellant.
  • Equipping the tank with machine guns for AA fire doesn't work for AI - it will happily ping away with the M1 Abrahms turret instead. I didn't test it with missiles, but given the long range of its gun, (it can shoot 8km, though I'm not sure if it can do so using a radar datalink, which would be nice), might not work either?
Edited by colmo

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

irDetonation = false  and  airDetonationTiming = false, i see them in the cfg but cant find a turret that actively  uses the options, are they valid ? if so is airDetonationTiming a float or  a defined time in seconds, trying to generate something resembling flak

Goalkeeper and Millenium use that. And you can guess what they do and how they work by reading descriptions of those parts.

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Yeah you got me, never thought to look there, but still relevant, what is the airDetonationTiming duration, is it adjustable? could it be?

airDetonationTiming is just a bool - the weapon handles the timing if you have a radar lock on a target.

Edited by BahamutoD

I've been using Kerbal Krash System with BDA. It does mean that targets are rather more resilient to taking hits, as BDA imparts thermal rather than physical damage. I'm hoping someone writes a modlet to make BDA impart KKS damage instead (the thermal method was Baha's way of sidestepping the lack of a damage mechanic). It also occasionally makes for funny sights like this bent missile.

jUWSRkkuZC0kOwUuEorTABL-QjgowiIvPpVWUSfN

1 hour ago, UnknownEclipse said:

I don't know if anyone noticed, but if you put 2 hell fires on the rotary rail on the same rail for a total of 16, then the rotary rail doesn't register as a part, and it falls through the fuselage with the missile on it.  It is fine with one missile per rail.

Well of course.

One defence against the frighteningly good AMRAAM missiles is to set the minimum altitude of the the AI pilot low.

The plane will dive on detecting the missile, and the missile will lead the plane straight into the ground. If Baha is feeling evil, he could set missiles to avoid ground collisions if the target is a significant distance away.