[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

On 3. březen 2016 at 10:18 PM, MarvinCZ said:

A1: It is possible, if you use stock aero, the Guard will know if a weapon is inside a cargo bay and will open it when selecting a weapon. If you use FAR, you need to right-click the weapons and enable the toggle "Inside cargo bay" and it will work as well.
I remember missiles having a bit of trouble firing from cargo bays, though. Even if you set them up with enough lateral ejection, they sometimes detected the cargo bay wall in front of them as an obstacle.

A2: The above mentioned VesselMover by Baha makes setting up defenses a breeze: [link]

I already figured the thing with "Inside cargo bay" before posting the original questions but it didn't work at that time and I didn't try it since. I'll try it again.

VesselMover works great and it's a must for this mod.

Now if only I were able to get some playable FPS. Let's hope that updating all the mods for 1.1 won't take forever.

Edit: I also noticed how indispensable Distant Object Enhancement is for this mod. It makes laser/GPS targeting SAMs bearable.

Edit2: Would it be possible to increase the autopilot combat/idle speed slider range? 200 m/s is too low. My F-22/Su-47 replicas operate optimally at 300-400 m/s.

Edited by theend3r

Hey, @BahamutoD, can you make it so that you can slave a turret on one vessel to the targeting module on another vessel? I think doing that might make it easier to develop an artillery system anyways so...

Also, the rate of fire on the M2 Browning needs to be reduced by a lot. The M2 fires a lot slower than that, and the result is that barrage firing any number of them yields insanely high rates of fire...so yeah.

And finally, can we get an AI for ground units sometime in the future? I would really like to have a full AI tank battle some day.

2 hours ago, datubaman said:

Also, the rate of fire on the M2 Browning needs to be reduced by a lot. The M2 fires a lot slower than that, and the result is that barrage firing any number of them yields insanely high rates of fire...so yeah.

The AN/M2 had a cyclic rate of 750–850 rounds per minute, with the ability to be fired from an electrically operated remote-mount solenoid trigger when installed as a fixed gun. (Data from Wikipedia)

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleWeapon
    shortName = Browning AN/M2

roundsPerMinute = 750

}

Well I didn't find anything wrong or maybe you need a better data source

14 minutes ago, Planetfall said:

Hi, This mod looks real interesting (AI!) but my computer said there were viruses on the Github link. D: 

has anyone gotten a virus from this, or is my computer overreacting?

What antivirus are you using? Avast is particularly infamous for false positives...

Also, no virus. Bitdefender picks up nothing and I've had no reason to suspect a virus on my pc at all.

Edited by Wraith977
more comprehensive answer

4 hours ago, Acea said:

The AN/M2 had a cyclic rate of 750–850 rounds per minute, with the ability to be fired from an electrically operated remote-mount solenoid trigger when installed as a fixed gun. (Data from Wikipedia)

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleWeapon
    shortName = Browning AN/M2

roundsPerMinute = 750

}

Well I didn't find anything wrong or maybe you need a better data source

Hmmm...well it seems to be firing a lot faster than that...might just be the sound effect. *shrugs*

7 hours ago, datubaman said:

Hmmm...well it seems to be firing a lot faster than that...might just be the sound effect. *shrugs*

The AN/M2 is electrically operated and only mounted on aircraft, it has a higher rate of fire than the M2 HB's used on ground vehicles and as crew-served weapons. 

16 hours ago, datubaman said:

Hey, @BahamutoD, can you make it so that you can slave a turret on one vessel to the targeting module on another vessel? I think doing that might make it easier to develop an artillery system anyways so...

I thought you could already do that using the data link, or is that part gone?

Greetings all,

I greatly enjoyed the old days with the HE-KV1; blasting satellites out of the sky, hunting down spaceplanes, generally channeling my inner Bruce Willis. But now the part is listed as 'BROKEN'. I've had a look through the debug, and nothing's coming up red. I get radar locks, I use Legacy Targeting, but no joy.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.

@BahamutoDG'day folks, I'm back and have updated my XAGM missile to the latest version of BDArmory!

Go to forum thread for download.

for further info or questions either check out the video or go to the forum: 

Edited by Tbone2142

So @BahamutoD – I discovered your Camera Tools, and realized that they, too, are super awesome. However, after trying it out for a while, would it be possible to request the small addition to a "please land now"-function to the BD Armory autopilot? Turns out doing it manually is kinda hard when you're looking at a plane from below.

19 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

@BahamutoD Take a look at this please. I set up 2 guards out of visual range. Both sea vessels. Set scanning radar on and tracking radar on. Turned guard mode on. They refuse to lock on and fire at each other though

Might be outside loading range. Move them closer to where they can see each other and see if that's the issue. Even if you set the physics loading distance in BDA, it doesn't always gel with what KSP wants.

Edit: Looking again, it looks like your gun range is set short. Visual range is 5k but the ship is at 7? Gun range is at 2k.

Edited by XOC2008

36 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Might be outside loading range. Move them closer to where they can see each other and see if that's the issue. Even if you set the physics loading distance in BDA, it doesn't always gel with what KSP wants.

Edit: Looking again, it looks like your gun range is set short. Visual range is 5k but the ship is at 7? Gun range is at 2k.

@XOC2008 I wanted them to fire missiles at each other. They were in loading range. Visual range is the range is just the range they spot each other without radar. In the video you can see every 3 seconds they select no weapon, they want to switch to a weapon but the just switch to none. they dont even lock on eachother

Edited by Combatsmithen

10 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

@XOC2008 I wanted them to fire missiles at each other. They were in loading range. Visual range is the range is just the range they spot each other without radar. In the video you can see every 3 seconds they select no weapon, they want to switch to a weapon but the just switch to none. they dont even lock on eachother

I think those missiles are surface to air, so you have no viable weapons to shoot long range surface targets. You need to use surface to surface missiles. (Or AtG like Hellfires and Mavericks I guess.)

Edit: I know a RIM 67B is supposed to also be anti-ship but I've only had success with GPS guided weapons being fired from a VLS. The 67B and 116 are both radar guided. (In the game anyway.)

Edited by XOC2008

4 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

I think those missiles are surface to air, so you have no viable weapons to shoot long range surface targets. You need to use surface to surface missiles. (Or AtG like Hellfires and Mavericks I guess.)

Edit: I know a RIM 67B is supposed to also be anti-ship but I've only had success with GPS guided weapons being fired from a VLS. The 67B and 116 are both radar guided. (In the game anyway.)

the 116 is infared. and its anti air only. the 67 being radar means it should be surface to surface and anti air at the same time

I am aware it should be, but I've never had a VLS fire a missile that managed to track a surface target, nor can I make a radar guided missile like an AMRAAM hit a ground target. I think it's just a limitation of missile type. It's very possible I'm wrong but I did a lot of testing on what missiles my ship would be carrying and all my VLS tubes are carrying AAMs because of this reason here, radar guided anti-ship weapons just wouldn't target anything on the surface. (And my GPS weapons are on a turret.)