[1.1.3] Surface Experiment Pack - EVA science for KIS/KAS (v1.4.2 6/30/2016) *Now with less explosions*

AlbertKermin

11 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

If you are running 1.0.5, then the version of DMSA that is included still won't work. If not, then we have a bigger problem.

I'm sorry for not giving more info. No, I'm running 1.1 64bit. Testing SEP_v1.4.prerelease1 with no other mods installed but KIS/KAS, only the main hub is clickable. Nothing else responds.

Just now, Rhedd said:

I'm sorry for not giving more info. No, I'm running 1.1 64bit. Testing SEP_v1.4.prerelease1 with no other mods installed but KIS/KAS, only the main hub is clickable. Nothing else responds.

... did you install the DMagicScienceAnimate that was included?

(I was updating as you posted, CobaltWolf. :P)

UPDATE: I removed everything from Gamedata (except Squad), and did a fresh install of only this mod (with the DMagic it comes with), KIS/KAS, and Module manager. It works fine in a fresh game! I don't know where the problem was before, but I'm suspecting it was either left over from an earlier craft build, or some other component I may have missed was conflicting, like EVAmanager.dll.

I'll experiment and let you know. Bottom line, though, the mod is working fine by itself.

Edited by Rhedd

8 minutes ago, Rhedd said:

(I was updating as you posted, CobaltWolf. :P)

UPDATE: I removed everything from Gamedata (except Squad), and did a fresh install of only this mod (with the DMagic it comes with), KIS/KAS, and Module manager. It works fine in a fresh game! I don't know where the problem was before, but I'm suspecting it was either left over from an earlier craft build, or some other component I may have missed was conflicting, like EVAmanager.dll.

I'll experiment and let you know. Bottom line, though, the mod is working fine by itself.

Awesome, thanks haha. Good to know it wasn't us. If you find out what the issue is let me know so I can take another look.

I moved all the other mods back in, and everything still works. >_>

Let's just pretend you fixed it and I'll say THANKS!

As long as everything is working now I don't care. It was late last night when I tested it, so who knows. :blush:

I do notice that if I try to run the new gravity experiment with an engineer while it's not hooked up to anything, I don't get the same error message that I do with the others saying it needs to be hooked up. Do the two new experiments have all the messages set up? Minor, but I thought I'd mention it.

5 minutes ago, Rhedd said:

I do notice that if I try to run the new gravity experiment with an engineer while it's not hooked up to anything, I don't get the same error message that I do with the others saying it needs to be hooked up. Do the two new experiments have all the messages set up? Minor, but I thought I'd mention it.

... yes they do, but the magnetometer had the wrong experiment assigned to it. It's fixed on my end now and will be correct in the release.

@everyone is the screwdriver still not working? Does it work for everything like the KIS one? If so can we revert it to its old functionality where it only works for nodes?

I had no idea this even existed! How did I miss this when I was scouring the website for a unpackable munar rover and other surface equipment. 

I absolutely need to download and install this, even if it'll be a while before I'm doing any sort of manned mission (just restarted my campaign today and am still at the weather balloon stage). Awesome mod! 

As someone always on the lookout for new, cool Science Stuff for my kerbals to do, thank you for updating. now I'm only waiting on Nertea to finish up those IVAs, and all the mods I like to use will be done!

well, except Sciencealert, but considering I'm testing out ForScience...

@Rhedd @Synthesis @Calvin_Maclure @Mechtech make sure you grab...

EDIT: Several breaking bugs snuck into the release, please wait to download the new version.

Surface Experiment Pack v1.4
(Also available on GitHub)

Changelog:
-Updated for 1.1
-Included new version of DMagicScienceAnimate
-Added Surface Magnetometer
-Added Surface Gravimeter
-Added two sizes of storage locker
-Added cardboard box to carry your equipment in
-Added AKI flag
-Added AKI as an agency

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Changelog:
-Updated for 1.1
-Added AKI flag
-Added AKI as an agency

Yeah! Nice! Thanks mate! :D

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Changelog:
-Updated for 1.1
-Added AKI flag
-Added AKI as an agency

continue incompable with TST, only version 1.3 works

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Changelog:
-Updated for 1.1
-Added AKI flag
-Added AKI as an agency

Awesome work! It'll be a while before I can use them, but thanks for your efforts!

hi, there's an issue i have with this mod where several parts, the neutral ion detector, surface gravimeter and the surface magnometer explode when attached to the surface. they work fine when placed on another object like a plate or ground pylon. another issue is that when running the surface gravimeter, there is no response. everything else in the mod seems to work.

9 hours ago, Leandro Basi said:

continue incompable with TST, only version 1.3 works

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Don't know what is causing it but considering that there are multiple issues with other mods pertaining to my sciencedefs, I think once I track down the cause of those it will resolve your issue as well.

2 hours ago, Pell said:

hi, there's an issue i have with this mod where several parts, the neutral ion detector, surface gravimeter and the surface magnometer explode when attached to the surface. they work fine when placed on another object like a plate or ground pylon. another issue is that when running the surface gravimeter, there is no response. everything else in the mod seems to work.

D'oh! I just looked, I can't find an issue with the gravimeter. I'll remake the config from scratch and see if that fixes it. I'll get a hotfix out tonight, hopefully also fix the explody issue.

Continues to have problems with 1.1.  I tried to attach the SEP Structural Girder on the SEP Central Station (as seen in the KottabosGames YT video) and I got this)

Even tried manipulating with the KAS's QEWASDNB keys.

EDIT:  Used KAS's R-key to change node.  That worked.

x5HwoVw.png

Edited by Apollo13

8 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

Continues to have problems with 1.1.  I tried to attach the SEP Structural Girder on the SEP Central Station (as seen in the KottabosGames YT video) and I got this)

Even tried manipulating with the KAS's QEWASDNB keys.

EDIT:  Used KAS's R-key to change node.  That worked.

New issue:   When Kerbal climbs atop the Concrete Base, player loses all control of kerbal.

Ah, was about to reply after seeing the notification email. Yes, you need to use R to switch to node attachment.

The concrete base is not from SEP. I would help if I knew what the issue was, but unfortunately I don't. 

@everyone I am going to try and get a fix out tonight. I'm at work at the moment so it will be a bit.

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

The concrete base is not from SEP. I would help if I knew what the issue was, but unfortunately I don't. 

Sorry.  I got that concrete base from another mod and confused it with SEP.  Nevermind...

So I downloaded the mod at work. I took the Interior Heat Probe config and renamed it + edited it to reference the Gravimeter model, etc. If anyone is so inclined, could they drop it into their folder and see if that makes it work? I threw it up on Dropbox. It still have the IHP name, description, experiment etc. I'm just trying to figure out if the part config was bad.

Another attempt. This is the whole mod. I haven't been able to test it, since I'm still, well, at work. But I completely rebuilt the Gravimeter part config file. @Pell I couldn't find anything different about the parts you mentioned were exploding, so let me know if it's still happening. Two possible known issues:

• I converted the screwdriver back to only being able to node attach. From what I can tell, KIS uses a system where it defines a boolean for whether or not a tool can be used to attach things AT ALL, and a boolean for whether or not the tool can stack attach to nodes (the behavior we need from the screwdriver). So this likely will break the screwdriver, but it's worth a shot.
  • I caught a 'MSEP_PowerStation.dds' texture in the folder that I deleted. I think the plug I used in Maya for the two new experiments never had its texture switched over to the new file, which I didn't catch before exporting from Unity. Simple enough to fix, but don't be surprised if you open up the parts and the new experiments are missing the texture on their plugs. 

I'm mostly uploading this so that I can grab it when I get home, but if anyone wants to test to see if I am correct about the behaviors I listed, I would greatly appreciate it. Specifically, the two known issues above, as well as @Pell's issues with the Mag, Grav, and CCIG exploding when attached to the ground, and the Gravimeter not working properly. Thanks!

13 hours ago, Pell said:

You are attaching them to the ground, right? Not just dropping them on the ground?

1 hour ago, AlbertKermin said:

You are attaching them to the ground, right? Not just dropping them on the ground?

... oh yeah. That could be it.

EDIT: I give up on this stupid gravimeter. I'll take another look at it tomorrow.

Edited by CobaltWolf