Good news everyone! KSP enters Beta version. What you like the most, what you don't?

Sky_walker

I think he meant that he'll get over wanting others to play the same game as himself, or everyone playing the same game.

cc. Matured was probably a poor choice of words. I meant a matured ksp player not a matured person. Amongst those who have been plating for a long while, few seek out competition between players. That was the downfall of the various challenges. They seek out ideas, interesting play styles and mod combos, but never judge how someone else plays. It is generally the newer players looking to prove their skills that talk about "stock" as some sort of baseline for competition. That fades as new becomes not new.

Edited by Sandworm

I hope bug-fixes are pushed hard. 0.25 is an absolute crash-fest, I can't even post support because the game chokes at different times because I cant trace the steps without something else crashing along the process.

I've had nowhere near this much trouble with any previous version.

I'm afraid that I won't like it, that the eventual game will be not what I wish for.

For example, I really like how you can pretty much finish the tech tree in Kerbin SOI. In my vision of the game, the tech tree would only be the "tutorial" part of the campaign: let the players discover the parts gradually rather than throwing the whole toolbox at them all at once. But it's fine with me if you can have pretty much everything after a few visits to the Mun. Getting to Jool is difficult enough, I don't need the additional "challenge" of having to do it on inferior parts. Besides, what would be the point of Kerbodyne Launchers and large docking ports if you could only get them *after* the big missions? The current admin strategies are a bit too much though.

In a similar fashion, I'm quite fond of the "free money" missions. If I need to plant a dozen flags in order to finance my next mission, that gives me a nice sense of tedium (and is enough to make me consider launch costs), but I like how it doesn't actually stop me from doing anything. The flag and science missions strike a nice balance in this regard; what troubles me is making half a million from a simple part test in Kerbin orbit.

Somehow I guess the finished game will be quite different, though.

I can see the point of the tech tree as a tutorial, but it would make more sense if the order of the nodes… made sense.

The real point is to have some sort of, well, point. I'd really like to see the ability to set missions and have my astronauts complete them autonomously. I want to fly much of the time, but for later game stuff, I'd like to be able to plan the logistics of setting up a base, say on Duna, and not have to fly every single step of 10+ missions. It's enough that I'm only doing it because I want to see the base, but I want my astronauts to matter sometimes.

Guys, stop with the panic and recriminations. :D Reaching the end of alpha merely means that all the major aspects of the game are in place in preliminary form. It does NOT mean that nothing new is ever going to be added again, or that work on adjusting the existing features is over. In fact, it means of shift of emphasis to adjusting and balancing aspects of the game. (Just emphasis: doesn't mean no new features.)

Don't like the current science system? It's been adjusted in each of the new versions since it came out, and there's no reason to suppose that it's in its final form now. There's no reason to assume that any aspect of the game is in its final form, for that matter.

The reports of KSP's death have been greatly exaggerated. :)

Umm...

Who watched Squadcast last night? If so, then please can you give me a Tl;DW of what happened??

I watched a bit of it. He said some bits about the MK3 parts. He said that the cargo bays of MK3 will be able to hold 2.5m parts. Also he said there would be new landing gear for planes. I forgot the rest sorry.

Ehm, I think KSP should NEVER EVER reach 1.0

One of the main reasons I still play it after more than 2 years, is that the game continually changes because new features (and mods) are added every 3 months.

I'm afraid that will stop and things will get quiet after 1.0, people (I) loose interest and that's it.

Edited by 1of6Billion

And also Kerbals will be able to climb ships so that they don't fall of laders any more!

Do you mean they'll be able to scramble over the edge of a tank with a ladder on its side without placing one of the three rung things at an angle? If so that's great news, something that's bugged me for a long time.

Do you mean they'll be able to scramble over the edge of a tank with a ladder on its side without placing one of the three rung things at an angle? If so that's great news, something that's bugged me for a long time.

I think so, something like that. Max just mentioned it in passing and said kerbals will be able to climb. I am not sure entirely what he meant through.

I am very excited about the news we got. It sounds like Squad has taken to heart much of the feedback it's gotten over the last year or so and is now making a full effort to applying it in future updates. Gotta say I am most excited about the re-reannouncement of ISRU and a general acknowledgement of the lack of end game content. The official mention of aerodynamic improvements made me pump my fist, too!

I do wish the announcement had more concrete language in it, but I get why it didn't. Squad is trying very hard not to disappoint anybody and if they say they will do one thing, but decide that it isn't the best thing for their game, then somebody will be disappointed. However, I tend to disagree with squad on what they believe constitutes an unfun feature, as evidenced by their perplexing dismissal of things like delta-v readouts. Only time will really tell what squad is going to fully commit to and what will get left on the cutting room floor, but I'm more confident in them than I was a few updates ago.

Hopefully being able to move in IVA isn't cancelled. Also more space station and base parts where you can move around would be nice. Hopefully that will find way to 1.0 or before.

I hope this gets added to the game. The devs haven't really mentioned it for a while.

Oh my I hope this experience thing doesnt mess with physics or controls (a difficulty option toggle would be good though). The experience thing annoys me to no end when it affects the handling of objects. Its absolutely infuriating when playing a game which the controls are not responsive enough because my characters "lacks experience". It makes me feel like a caveman bashing rocks together so he can drink water from a toddler sippy cup in an infomercial. However it does make me wonder how it will be implemented.

My general impression of what do you want forum posts:

"WE NEED THIS MOD IT'S SO EPIC, GIVE NAOH, WHY DOESN'T SQUAD GET THESE BASIC THINGS IN"

*Squad ignores for awhile, concentrating on other things, then decided because of pressure to do it*

"SQUAD IS EVIL BECAUSE THEY JUST IMPLEMENT THINGS MODS ALREADY DO, RAGE QUIT"

Seriously, I'm getting bored of the forums after just a couple months of being active again.

On note of actual topic, I'm very glad they got all they need before the updates come quick and fast... But only joining in for the last couple weeks of 0.21 , I feel like I've come to a big event, half way through.. And now the excitement is all over....

For one, I like the addition resources through the kerbol system. What I don't like is its simplification.

If life support makes in, it better be refillable with contents of certain asteroids as well as moons. Not planets - that would be too easy and boring.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.