Hello and Welcome!

Moach

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Always wanted to be an Astronaut. I watched "Spacecamp" so many times when I was a kid. Now I get to pretend I am one with KSP!

Currently about 25 hours into the game, playing stock normal difficulty campaign mode. Just got into low orbit on a rescue mission, now trying to figure out how to intersect a lost astronaut :) Good thinking: remembering to bring an extra command pod; Bad thinking: not learning the theory of orbital intersections before hand :P

I've been trying to get my girlfriend to get into it with me... help me navigate and plan in these early stages... but somehow I haven't been able to share the feeling of awesomeness and curiosity that comes from playing. I think I'm gonna have to get her to play some of the tutorials and maybe a scenario on her own first. Hmmmm.

Anyone out their play collaboratively with their partners?

Buahahaha, now I realize why this rescue mission has been so impossible - I had upgraded the tracking station to see patched conics but hadn't upgraded mission control for flight planning! I was doing all the burns by the seat of my pants! hahahaha. Closest I got was 4km but I wrecked the intersection trajectory on the final approach and couldn't reestablish it with my remaining fuel... so close.

I barely have enough cash to upgrade both... just like 13k left after launch.