[v0.17] Damned Aerospace Version 1.5.3 + Crewtank

DYJ

I\'m getting a weird bug, all the engines seem to have slightly smaller duplicate of their propellers on them.

That's caused by the new scaling not applying to our "blur" effect clone, you can disable this effect by changing "rotorBlur = 2" to "rotorBlur = 0"

Could you maybe make a crewtank that\'s smaller sized for the one man pod?

I might make one but chances are that I won't, mainly because the new 1m pod is still very small compared to the Kerbals so making something that looks like it belongs on the pod and seats more than a single kerbal will be impossible.

Been doing some more work on my heavy rover:

H3DF6.png

Edited by DYJ

It works but left VTOL hinge looks weird. Is it some kind of bug? :)

RHCXQ.jpg

Yes, that's the kind of problem I've been having. The angle of rotation for the VTOL hinge seems to be unpredictable, or at least predictably wrong, when attaching more than one to a craft using symmetry.

It can be corrected by rotating the parts with the Robotics setup interface, but it is difficult to determine which direction the parts will bend without testing in flight mode.

Awesome crewtank, thank you. However, I can not align the ladder on the command pod with the ladder on the crewtank. I have tried rotating both the crewtank and the command pod with wasd-qe when building, to no avail. I could not find any way to do it through the part.cfg either. How did you do it in your attached picture?

/Claes

+1 fix/advise please.

How do I get kerbals in the crew tank to go on EVA? I tried getting all three command pod crew members out, but it didn't work... maybe put the extra portraits on a scroll bar?

I'd like to make a 5-man mun base using these, but right now I can't.....

Also, I'd really really really really like it if crew tanks that weren't attached to a command pod would show up as flights in the tracking station.

also, when I pressed ] to go to the next vehicle while parachuting down in my crew tank and command pod, the two craft just disappeared...

Edited by iwhipple

Am I missing something, because I put all the files into my game and it says "This part type isn't available in this version of KSP." Sorry if this is a really dumb question, I don't use mods very often. It was a clean version of KSP 0.16.

Edited by nerdboy64

Actually, I fixed the problem. Apparently I just had to run KSP as an administrator for whatever reason. Unfortunately, I can't use the rotary engine. I turned the rotor blur off to correct the engine model bug, but now the game doesn't see it as an engine. It doesn't use fuel or move the plane, and it shows up as a question mark in the staging bar.

The crew tank is pretty much impossible to use. I kept getting a "hatch obstructed" issue. I tried getting it to be the only thing sitting on the landing pad (I had a small rocket with a stage separator on it) and tried to EVA into it with just it sitting on the pad. Jeb's foot touched it, and it exploded. This is AFTER I doubled the durability on it. Too much hassle to use.

The crew tank is pretty much impossible to use. I kept getting a "hatch obstructed" issue. I tried getting it to be the only thing sitting on the landing pad (I had a small rocket with a stage separator on it) and tried to EVA into it with just it sitting on the pad. Jeb's foot touched it, and it exploded. This is AFTER I doubled the durability on it. Too much hassle to use.

I've never had it blow up, but I agree that it is useless, you can't EVA a Kerbal out of it. You can go in, but then you are trapped inside with the "hatch obstructed" error. I just deleted the part, I don't need a Kerbal Trap. :(

Well, I figured "what the hell", Volt...I gave it a try repeatedly hitting the EVA button. Nope, there is no way to EVA from a crew tank, it always says "hatch obstructed" Tested with only a 1-man pod on the tank, with and without legs, then tried a 3-man pod with and without legs...always gives the error and won't let me EVA from the tank. I can enter it just fine.

The empty pods mod works fine with EVA as do the stock pods, the crew tank is 100% fail for me. <shrug> I just don't use the crewtank, there are other non-bugged mods that work, so it's a non issue. :)

I get that "Hatch Obstructed" message as well when EVAing my crew on the Mun or Minimus from the bases there. I have found that it seems they need to come out in a certain order. I kept clicking different EVA icons until one of them came out. Then kept clicking the remaining ones randomly until I was able to get them all out. Give that a shot.

Almost seems like they're lined up in there like a conga line and they have to come out in reverse order that they went in or something, hahaha.

I get that "Hatch Obstructed" message as well when EVAing my crew on the Mun or Minimus from the bases there. I have found that it seems they need to come out in a certain order. I kept clicking different EVA icons until one of them came out. Then kept clicking the remaining ones randomly until I was able to get them all out. Give that a shot.

Almost seems like they're lined up in there like a conga line and they have to come out in reverse order that they went in or something, hahaha.

I get it even with only 1 Kerbal. In fact if I use only two parts, a 1-Kerbal pod and the crew tank, the one Kerbal can EVA from the pod, fall to the ground, climb and enter the crewtank, and get stuck with "hatch obstructed".

As I said, this only happens with a crewtank, not the empty pods mod or the stock pods.

The "Hatch is obstructed" issue seems highly random and while it works for most people it simply fails for some, not sure what to do to help those with issues.

Did another random shuttle thing, this time the X-24B liftingbody.

BB2Xt.png

Edited by DYJ