[0.90] MoarKerbals - Populate your colony in space! (v1.1) [2014/12/27]

strideknight

• 1 month later...

FYI, RoverDude just made an Academy part in a recent Kolonization update, so fresh Kerbals can get trained up to three stars (as long as there's a four- or five-star around, of course). That's one obstacle to in-situ repopulation overcome!

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra
USI -> Kolonization (more specific)

• 4 weeks later...
That's one way to look at the reproduction of kerbals. What if they are, in fact, not animal at all but rather a plant? …

No, Kerbals are not plants, but they may have symbiotic algae inhabiting their skin, which provides them with partial oxygen, energy, and various compounds they require to live. Without food or breathable air for an extended period they go into a torpid state; but so long as they have some exposure to sunlight for the algae to photosynthesize with, they won't die.

That's how I see it anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

i know this is for 0.90 but try anyway ( where would the space program be if you never tried )

installed it in 1.0.2 stock no mods whatever seems to work ok

Then installed into another copy of 1.0.2 with mods and it keeps saying more bio mass needed

Hi

i know this is for 0.90 but try anyway ( where would the space program be if you never tried )

installed it in 1.0.2 stock no mods whatever seems to work ok

Then installed into another copy of 1.0.2 with mods and it keeps saying more bio mass needed

Just remove the ResourceMods.cfg in KKP folder... it will make it just need ElectricCharge again

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@DracoSilverpath I'm busy with school right now but I'm looking into making it compatible (would really love to be able to include in a colonization series I'm starting). If you have any ideas about changes I'd be happy to hear them.

Glad to see you're still workin on it! For me, my main desires in a mod like this are:

-sustainability, self-sustaining colonies for every planet that can be mined on

-compatibility with life support mods USI-LS and TAC

-Career integration, so you have to work for it!

-Balanced requirements for te ekrbals you get. Simply pumping in power and out comes a kerbal? Nothanks. At the very least, it should need quite a lot of resqurces to produce them I'd think.

-Possible natural re-production of kerbals, so cloning isn't the only option. Being able to have a community slowly grow over time based on total population numbers seems like something that should already be there, IMO

Wishlist ideas beyond that...

-DNA splicing? Allow for greater control over time of the stats and job designation of your kerbals

hm..not sure what else! 

3 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Glad to see you're still workin on it! For me, my main desires in a mod like this are:

-sustainability, self-sustaining colonies for every planet that can be mined on

-compatibility with life support mods USI-LS and TAC

-Career integration, so you have to work for it!

-Balanced requirements for te ekrbals you get. Simply pumping in power and out comes a kerbal? Nothanks. At the very least, it should need quite a lot of resqurces to produce them I'd think.

-Possible natural re-production of kerbals, so cloning isn't the only option. Being able to have a community slowly grow over time based on total population numbers seems like something that should already be there, IMO

Wishlist ideas beyond that...

-DNA splicing? Allow for greater control over time of the stats and job designation of your kerbals

hm..not sure what else! 

Thanks. That was the general direction I was thinking. I'm also thinking about family names and inheritance of jobs through parents (probably figure out something with Kerbal Renamer). I messaged StrideNight and asked him if he had any files he would be willing to share.

• 3 years later...

this looks interesting, checks to see if has room in GitHub...

PRE-RELEASE
DO NOT USE ON LIVE SAVES
You.Have.Been.Warned. :o

MoarKerbals version 1.1.1.0 KSP 1.7.3 CKAN listed License CC 4.0 BY-NC-SA

Version 1.1.1.0 - Let There Be Kerbals![KSP 1.7.3][2020 02 09]

• Recompile for KSP 1.7.3
  • Recompile with .NET 3.5
  • AudioSource.pan [Obsolete] -> AudioSource.panStereo
  • added [Obsolete] (update soon™): part.RequestResource(resourceList, resourceAmounts);
  • added Log.cs
  • added version.tt
  • added Assembly.cs
  • added Utility.cs
  • added InstallChecker.cs
  • adjusted folder structure from KKP/MoarKerbals -> MoarKerbals (to handle InstallChecker and other)
  • renamed MKS_KloneBay -> MK-Klonebay-MKS;
  • adjusted formating; removed KKP/; added bulkheadProfiles (MKS = lander, ???)
  • renamed OKS_KloneBay -> MK-Klonebay-OKS;
  • adjusted formating;
  • removed KKP/;
  • added bulkheadProfiles (OKS = station, Orbital Klone Station)
  • added ModuleManager patch to +PART(add) MODULE[KloneBay] to all sciencelabs (requires SimpleLife)
  • updated Readme.md
  • many little changes to patches/parts.

Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3
.NET Framework 3.5

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Greetings.

I have asked for @strideknight for permission to update / continue / adopt / release the above named mod(s).

Hopefully I hear back from @strideknight with an answer, but in case I don't I intend to respectfully proceed as soon as the last of February 2020, as permitted by the individual license(s).

If there is a SpaceDock page, I have asked to be added as an author - so it will continue.
If there is a CurseForge page, I have asked for it to be deleted, since I don't believe CurseForge allows transfer/adding authorized.
If there is a GitHub repo - all is good. It is probably forked already.

Plans are for an initial release for KSP 1.7.3 without many noticeable changes.

All

Thank you.

Source: GitHub
License: 88x31.png

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

• All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses

• All art assets (textures, models, animations) are distributed under their own licenses

Edited by zer0Kerbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.