What do you think IVA needs?

Apart from the mk1 inline and mk3 cockpits needing an actual IVA, what features would you like to see added?

Edit: Suggestions so far:

Movement inside and between capsules

Fuel/Resource Gauges

Orbital/Flight Info

Panic ButtonTM

Ground contact indicator (for touchdowns)

Functional Pitch/Roll/Yaw Indicators

Ship Diagram (for pizza)

Would you like more info such as fuel levels or a diagram of your ship? (I believe both of those are available in the Raster Prop Monitor mod, but what about stock?)

Or would you like to be able to control more, maybe having a big, red button that says 'TO SPACE!'?

Perhaps all of the above and more?

Please post what you would like to see added to the game :)

Personally I think the more the merrier (within reason, a movable picture of Uri Kerman may be a bit unnecessary) because it's a feature that is used as much as the player wants, and if you don't want to interact with Uri's picture you don't have to (as opposed to a feature like the atmosphere that affects all).

Cheers,

Cas.

Edited by Carsogen

At some point it would be cool to move from one module to another without EVA... The way the parts are designed it looks like it will be possible but the UI could be weird. Id also love if the Science lab had some real playable things going on that made science more interesting.

RPM and the ability to fly fully from the IVA view as well as first person EVA.

Kind of that, or at least periapsis and apospsis display.

The 2-man lander-can instrumentation needs to be completed, there's just an empty panel above the window.

Manually flying around inside the modules in 1st view would be great :D

A button that when you right clicked a kerbal in their seat, it would say get out of seat. Then you could go around floating in command pods (and other parts) aimlessly and being able to right click the doors at the back of the cockpits to go to whatever is behind it. I would also enjoy being able to open up a small cabnet (like the rock box in the mk2 lander can).

Probably my main gripe in some of the cockpits (can't remember which ones but I think it's mk2) is that the pitch, roll and yaw indicators are inverted for some reason, and there is a display with them on that does nothing.

Also I think in all capsules these indicators only show user input, as opposed to SAS as well.

Cas.

Edited by Carsogen

If I allow my imagination to fly uncontrolled I would like to design my own dashboard and interior the same way I design a spacecraft.

For example, you don't actually need a navball in an atmospheric plane, you need an artificial horizon and a compass.

Ultimately I wish I had a set of instruments and install them as I see fit (it will also allow me to fly in a more Kerballish way, for example, if I forget to install an altimeter, or a speed indicator, or a navball).

RPM is very nice, I suppose, but it gives everything for free while I think that everything must come at a price - each instrument you use should add to weight (because aside from an indicator per se you need room for actual sensors, wires, electronics, etc within your ship), consume extra power (same reason), etc.

Moreover, each instrument should have 'precision' - you can buy a 'bargain-price' altimeter which can only guess +/- 100 m or a hi-end one which has +/- 0.001 m precision. (they should differ in price or be upgradeable the same way the buildings currently are.

Internally KSP measures everything very precisely, but it is not necessary that a player should get all this precision 'for free'.

P.S. That point about precision is about all indicators, not only in IVA but normal (camera view) HUD as well.

To not exist.

Really I never use it. It's just a huge waste of memory space.

I've always thought it would be really neat to play the game fully in first person. Even, using probe control room to control...probes. The mods have somewhat been there, but not quite all the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Something like a cut away diagram centered on your kerbals so you can see them move from one compartment to another.

like this:

http://blogs.esa.int/atv/files/2011/01/ATVJKcutaway_starboardside_whitebg_20101.jpg

There was a time around 0.20 when I envisioned following a Kerbal through a station interior. Little funny experiments abound which you would have to interact with to begin science experiments. You would check back on the Kerbal to see how things were going. Had you gotten that oh so precious science to build your prestige back at home?

If I allow my imagination to fly uncontrolled I would like to design my own dashboard and interior the same way I design a spacecraft.

For example, you don't actually need a navball in an atmospheric plane, you need an artificial horizon and a compass.

Ultimately I wish I had a set of instruments and install them as I see fit (it will also allow me to fly in a more Kerballish way, for example, if I forget to install an altimeter, or a speed indicator, or a navball).

RPM is very nice, I suppose, but it gives everything for free while I think that everything must come at a price - each instrument you use should add to weight (because aside from an indicator per se you need room for actual sensors, wires, electronics, etc within your ship), consume extra power (same reason), etc.

Moreover, each instrument should have 'precision' - you can buy a 'bargain-price' altimeter which can only guess +/- 100 m or a hi-end one which has +/- 0.001 m precision. (they should differ in price or be upgradeable the same way the buildings currently are.

Internally KSP measures everything very precisely, but it is not necessary that a player should get all this precision 'for free'.

P.S. That point about precision is about all indicators, not only in IVA but normal (camera view) HUD as well.

While I sadly cannot see this being implemented, I wish it was. this is a great idea.

being able to upgrade to a projected HUD would be great for aircraft, or bolt a nav ball to your preferred location on the dash for a vertical landing configuration. unlocking digital multi function displays so you can save weight and display data how ever you like on the fly. adding labeled action group buttons. there are so many possibilities.

I want interior movement! For instance, floating around inside lander cans, opening the cabinets or having some kind of habitation can other than the Hitchhiker that is size 3 and you can float around in. At the very least I want to see more interaction with IVA instead of it just being hard to use. But IVA movement would be awesome! I even have an idea for an easter egg...

I want interior movement! For instance, floating around inside lander cans, opening the cabinets or having some kind of habitation can other than the Hitchhiker that is size 3 and you can float around in. At the very least I want to see more interaction with IVA instead of it just being hard to use. But IVA movement would be awesome! I even have an idea for an easter egg...

Has Squad said anything about this? it seems like a good idea but would be kinda pointless and would be forgotten quickly. At least I know I would get bored of it quite quickly.

:rolleyes:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.