Whats the stupidest name you've given to one of your ships?

sedativechunk

What's the stupid name you have given to one of your vessels/ships/probes in KSP? I was looking through all the ships I've designed in the past year and some of them have some pretty ridiculous names (most of which I cannot post here because they are slightly suggestive). Does anybody got any good safe-for-forums ones they can share? :sticktongue:

mostly all destination oriented stuff.

Jooligan, Drestroyer, Mohowk, Dunaworm..

A while back I designed a small ion-engine probe called the Wayfarer and put one in orbit around each planet and moon, renaming them "Munfarer," "Minfarer," "Mohfarer," "Evefarer," etc. on arrival for easy recognition from the tracking station...

...with a few exceptions to this general system for the sake of puns; specifically "Dunroamin" in orbit around Duna and "Eisenhower" in orbit around Ike.

Exploder 1 to Exploder 8. A series of very wobbly satellite launchers that tended to be hit by their own SRBs, sometimes at full power resulting in the entire craft exploding, or during gravity turn destroying the main engine and leaving it unable to reach orbit.

Alternately, a small rocket powered plane called "Lodens Lament", since Loden was the only pilot and it required parachutes to descend safely once out of fuel.

Edited by Coam

The 'Untitled Space Craft', it was used to complete the first manned landing on Mun (with successful return).

Its relevance is cherished by all of Kerbal-kind, its name is synonymous to bravery, ingenuity and progress.

Its landed capsule is still on exhibition near KSC. I had to make a grabber-equipped rover/boat to get it there though. (the science of that mission was decoupler equipped and retrieved, I left the capsule floating until I could retrieve it manually)

90% of the ships I do name something other than <LOCATION - ROLE - SERIAL NUMBER> would probably get hit by the forum's wordfilter.

Which is why I usually HAVE to remove the GUI or the object markers if I want to take a screenshot and share it/use it.

Heck, even my flags are sometimes bad.

U.K.N. Madness of Caligula

It was a massive interplanetary craft that was supposed to takeoff from the runway like a plane, get to a good height, and then eject the wings and rocket to orbit. It never got off the ground. Perhaps I'll try it again sometime.

AST GRABBER 1 - Used to bring a Class B asteroid into orbit around the Mun.

DR-DRES - Probe I just sent to Dres.

Jooligan I & II - I guess that's the obvious pun for a Jool-bound craft.

Mohoto I - again, obvious pun.

Kersputnik

KORC-1 - the Kerbal Orbital Rescue Craft.

I have a few others, but posting them here would probably be considered uncouth....:D

I called my part test drone the Flying Pot.

It was composed by a FL-T200 tank with a probe core on top, a jet engine on the bottom and 2 radial intakes at the sides with 4 radial 24-77s for the last push out of the atmosphere, and a couple parachutes to land safely.

I could attach whatever part I needed to test on top of the probe core, and flying it up at the requested altitude to complete the contract.

Long story short, due to its silhouette it actually resembled a flying flower pot.

Edited by Janos1986

Trololol.

Yes that's a ship name.

And it happended to be my first Jool entry probe.

I have also name ships this....

And when I modified them to be even bigger/whackier.... they became Trolololol

And further modification lead to the Trolololololol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.