[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

6 hours ago, Freshmeat said:

First of all, I derped on the Supernova: I did not realize that you had entered additional nodes on the tech tree :blush:

Second, a small cosmetic error. I found out how to enable crew tubes on the trusses, but it seems that it still writes the previous values for fuel and oxidizer, from the fuel tank configuration.

They do not exist as ressources in the game (I have a spark underneath the Danube, it registers dV when in LF/OX mode, but not now). I have cleared my MM cache. The save is quite old, though. Directory of gamedata, ksp.log, and output.log can be found here.

Again, this is a gorgeous mod.

Your derp resulted in a lot of work and several releases that were ultimately unnecessary. So I really need you to be extremely thorough when making bug reports.

6 hours ago, Nertea said:

Congrats on the new release dude! It looks great.

Thanks! It's my best artwork to date. Not bad for a software engineer, I'm finally getting into the realm of pork-alike. :)

So far looking good!  Just took a slightly modified version of your Reference Design out to Jool as a test drive (go cheat menu!).  It Looks and works great.

Also, I tried to make things go screwy with time-warp/physics loading/vessel switching... so far no explosions! (not sure if I am happy about that or not... Explosions are a fact of KSP life for me :) ).

It also looks as if I can get the ship to be almost self-sustaining as far as TAC-LS goes.

5 hours ago, Sudragon said:

Orbital testing of the Akron continues, using a Cryogenic propulsion bus as development of more advanced propulsion methods is debated at KSC.

Looking good! I like how you made use of the centrifuges and saddle truss. It also looks good with the propulsion unit. :)

I'm doing some work on MOLE and Buffalo right now, but plan to get back to DSEV- you won't see the long hiatus like before. I want to make some updated 2.5m lab and hab modules, and there's my take on the Mars Excursion Module, And of course the NAUTILUS-X...

On 28/2/2017 at 4:30 AM, Angel-125 said:

Your derp resulted in a lot of work and several releases that were ultimately unnecessary. So I really need you to be extremely thorough when making bug reports.

I apologize for that, and will try to do better.

Bug (cosmetic): The LF and Ox gauges do not disappear from the settings box in a D2 Truss or Hex Truss when the Truss is changed from fuel tank to something else. The resources themselves disappear, though.

System: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, KSP 64-bit.

Following is from a clean reinstall with only the contents of DSEV_2_0_0_3.zip copied into \Kerbal Space Program. Directory structure screenshot:

W6EK4sQ.png

To reproduce: Go into VAB and pick any D2 or Hex truss segment that has the ability to carry fuel. Bring up the settings box and change to Equipment, then to FuelTank, and then to CrewTube:

K4YVJMM.png

0g3pbDS.pngix2plAs.png

As shown, the Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer gauges are still present, although the resource is not available, which I tested by mounting a probe core and an engine in both LF/O and CrewTube configurations. LF/O had fuel, CrewTube did not have.

Logs (KSP.log and output_log.txt) are zipped and available here.

If you want to look into it, I can keep that particular install clean.

This happens in my heavily modded install too. This also occurs in the SPH.  So far, when in flight with those parts, i.e. as a crew tube, the context menu doesn't show for example the LFO or Oxidizer resources. 

Short version: in flight all appears normal, as they should, regardless of what is shown in VAB/SPH.

My vote is that this is "a no big deal" and is therefore not an urgent issue for anyone to deal with. 

Keep up the great work @Angel-125

5 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Which propulsion mod is that??!!!,

That's engines, engine mounts and tankage from SSTU.

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Looking good! I like how you made use of the centrifuges and saddle truss. It also looks good with the propulsion unit. :)

I'm doing some work on MOLE and Buffalo right now, but plan to get back to DSEV- you won't see the long hiatus like before. I want to make some updated 2.5m lab and hab modules, and there's my take on the Mars Excursion Module, And of course the NAUTILUS-X...

How hard would it be to alter some of the fit out options (for example; Blacksmith 3D print shop or the Workshop) to include an Extraplanetary Workshops multiplier? 

59 minutes ago, Sudragon said:

That's engines, engine mounts and tankage from SSTU.

How hard would it be to alter some of the fit out options (for example; Blacksmith 3D print shop or the Workshop) to include an Extraplanetary Workshops multiplier? 

Not hard at all, actually:

@PART[WBI_D2Centrifuge]:NEEDS[ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ExWorkshop
        ProductivityFactor = 6
    }
}

@PART[WBI_D2Hab]:NEEDS[ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ExWorkshop
        ProductivityFactor = 1.1
    }
}

@PART[WBI_D2Greenhouse]:NEEDS[ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ExWorkshop
        ProductivityFactor = 0.5
    }
}

@PART[WBI_D2CryoShelter]:NEEDS[ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ExWorkshop
        ProductivityFactor = 0.5
    }
}

@PART[WBI_D2Lab]:NEEDS[ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ExWorkshop
        ProductivityFactor = 2
    }
}

There will be a MM_EL.cfg patch in the next DSEV release. Meanwhile, you can use the above values.

I'm having trouble getting the old Spindle, SpinRing, and CounterTorqueRing parts with version 2.0.0.3, I haven't tried 2.0.0.1 or 2.0.0.2, yet.  I had a saved file that had a Discovery II that used the old parts and now when I try to load the saved game using DSEV 2.0.0.3 it can't find the parts.  They don't appear to be selectable in the VAB, so the game is acting like they don't exist.  I've tried comparing to an older version of DSEV, and have tried copying old Asset files into the DSEV/Assets directory, but I can't seem to find what is missing.  It was working with DSEV 1.4.1. I have infernal robotics 2.0.2 installed

Edited by Gumby1973

23 minutes ago, Gumby1973 said:

I'm having trouble getting the old Spindle, SpinRing, and CounterTorqueRing parts with version 2.0.0.3, I haven't tried 2.0.0.1 or 2.0.0.2, yet.  I had a saved file that had a Discovery II that used the old parts and now when I try to load the saved game using DSEV 2.0.0.3 it can't find the parts.  They don't appear to be selectable in the VAB, so the game is acting like they don't exist.  I've tried comparing to an older version of DSEV, and have tried copying old Asset files into the DSEV/Assets directory, but I can't seem to find what is missing.  It was working with DSEV 1.4.1. I have infernal robotics 2.0.2 installed

They're probably ModuleManager patched out, but the parts are there. I think there's a :NEEDS[InfernalRobotics] in the spindle, spin ring, and counter torque ring. If you remove that you should see the parts.

Is IR updated to KSP 1.2.2?

JB6XZip.png

It looks like IR is meant for KSP 1.1.2 and hasn't been updated.  The legacy IR parts do appear in the VAB.  I'll try removing the " :NEEDS[InfernalRobotics] "

My Discovery II with the old parts is in orbit of Duna, I was thinking of sending a new ship, maybe with the name Alexei Leonov with the new parts to rendezvous with it, and retire the old parts.

I'll look into Drew Kerman's suggestion too.

EDIT: Removing " :NEEDS[InfernalRobotics] " from the PART at the beginning of each file did the trick. Maybe that should have been ":NEEDS[MagicSmokeIndustries]"?

EDIT: Replacing ":NEEDS[InfernalRobotics] " with ":NEEDS[MagicSmokeIndustries]" works; however, it looks like infernal robotics functionality is not working, so I'll look into Drew Kerman's suggestion above to try to get it working again.

Edited by Gumby1973

37 minutes ago, Gumby1973 said:

It looks like IR is meant for KSP 1.1.2 and hasn't been updated.  The legacy IR parts do appear in the VAB.  I'll try removing the " :NEEDS[InfernalRobotics] "  or ":NEEDS[MagicSmokeIndustries]"

My Discovery II with the old parts is in orbit of Duna, I was thinking of sending a new ship, maybe with the name Alexei Leonov with the new parts to rendezvous with it, and retire the old parts.

I'll look into Drew Kerman's suggestion too.

EDIT: Removing " :NEEDS[InfernalRobotics] " from the PART at the beginning of each file did the trick. Maybe that should have been ":NEEDS[MagicSmokeIndustries]"?

It could be, can you give it a try? :)

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

I've been away from the game for a while, is IR the only option for The Spin Hub and Counter Torque Ring?

Yes, I believe so, that IR is the only option for The Spin Hub and Counter Torque Ring.  I haven't tried to get Drew Kerman's suggestion above about getting IR installed properly, instead I've been playing around with Pathfinder figuring out how it works. 

The new Centrifuge works without IR.

Edited by Gumby1973

I'm having a slight issue with seats , they keep popping out of the command module ? weird i know . Tried two different installs of KSP , both 1.2.2 ( DSEV Ver 2.0.0.3 )

dsev%20enquiry.png

Mods list ( Light Install Version )

screenshot19%20seat.jpg

The Seat :lol:

screenshot18.png

The Seat PT II , Return of the Seat .

Whats really even weirder as you come into land you get a stream of seats appearing though the CP Pods Roof every few seconds or so , one at a time thankfully .

in my other install , I attached the CP to a plane using OPT Parts to makew a sort of ship drop thingy  ( <---- Technical Term Honest ) as the plane was sitting on the runway i noticed , yup another seat , except this one was sittng outside the cockpit a good 30 mm away from the plane an Pod but still attached . It even stayed with the plane into orbit , Oh an also suffered friction burns . Weird I know .

Anyhow great mod update .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.