THE single most aggravating thing in KSP for me is...

wossname

For me it's: Build base with antenna, transmit one science experiment, antenna forever stuck as undeployable.
That is pretty annoying for me too since I build my satellites and stations for aesthetic appeal as much as functionality.

... just change ModuleDataTrasmitter with this:

{

DeployFxModules = 1

ProgressFxModules = 1

}

It works to trasmit data, but animation could be activated only by your click (so any antenna will stay deployed, if already in that state, or not, depending of player choice)

Having Module Manager, I had a permanent file added, to change it on ANY mod, not only Squad stock ones, that ave antennas.

No AP/PE display on vessel view.... Hate switching between orbital view and flight to check my AP during launches...

Just saying...

Alacrity

This is a big one for me too. I love watching my rockets fly, but I feel like I have to play the game in map view, both during launches, and during maneuvers.

All my mods cause problems after a while as well. Luckily, 1.1 will fix that! I'll probably go and buy more ram when it's released! :D

Looking forward even more to the next patch, then.

Although, after posting I finally got around to forcing KSP to use openGL, and so far (knocks on many pieces of wood) I haven't been crashing (the game at least) as I was before.

The most annoying thing for me is the way staging is created for you in the VAB. Drop a part on the ship, and you never know for sure what stage it is going to go into. And unfortunately the icons all look alike so you have to do unnecessary fiddling to move stuff around to it's proper location.

As a side not, I'd like to be able to *not* stage certain things. Closely related to this is my #2 annoyance: lack of more than 10 custom action groups.

I made up my mind long ago to forgive the performance issues. The game is built on Unity and the .Net framework. There's nothing that will really make either of those sandbags go away. I understand why the choice was made and accept it as the price to pay for being able to play one of my favorite games of all time.

The most annoying thing for me is the way staging is created for you in the VAB. Drop a part on the ship, and you never know for sure what stage it is going to go into. And unfortunately the icons all look alike so you have to do unnecessary fiddling to move stuff around to it's proper location.

As a side not, I'd like to be able to *not* stage certain things. Closely related to this is my #2 annoyance: lack of more than 10 custom action groups.

I made up my mind long ago to forgive the performance issues. The game is built on Unity and the .Net framework. There's nothing that will really make either of those sandbags go away. I understand why the choice was made and accept it as the price to pay for being able to play one of my favorite games of all time.

I believe you can disable staging for individual items.

Re. the action groups, there is a mod which allows up to 255 action groups.

LGG

My own lack of imagination.

Regardless of the many flaws listed in this thread so far some of which I also suffer from, my biggest gripe I think is putting together a beautifully designed multi-craft mission and then arriving somewhere crushingly dull: I strongly believe the Planets and Muns need some serious love in the future (I did check what not to suggest so I hope I haven't glaringly overlooked this)

The lack of imagination is my fault I'll admit, but give me something worth driving my rover 1/3 of the way round Duna for: I want my recurrent slope lineae. Is that a cryovallcano? Lava tubes on Mun please!

Minecraft my Moho basically.

SM

Dear lord, yes. I need to put a post-it on my monitor that just says "CHECK YOUR STAGING"

He-he!

I've had these up for over a year.

dewQgQo.jpg?1

There's another one up high that reminds me to try to land on the Kerbol side (I always end up landing around mid-night)

Re. the action groups, there is a mod which allows up to 255 action groups.

LGG

No disrespect to that mod's authors, but I tried it and gave up after about 3 hours of (unsuccessfully) trying to figure out how to use it.

I think part of the problem was the mod was having to kludge its way around an arbitrary limitation presented by the game of having only 10 custom action groups.

I'd say it's a wash between the fact that if you launch the game without your controller plugged in, it STILL erases all of your control settings and the fact that ships on interplanetary flights STILL sometimes disappear (along with everything else) when you load them, so that they're deleted from the persistent save file when you relaunch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.