[1.1] Kerbodyne Plus

Bonus Eventus

44 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Also with respect to 1.0751 - there seems to be a duplicate parts directory inside the first parts directory, just as a heads up!

Which repo did you download from? Curse, space dock, GitHub, CKAN?

Edited by Bonus Eventus

3 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Github, I think.

Edit: Yep, Github - multiple FX folders as well, not sure if that's intentional.

Sounds like something went wrong when I committed to the master. I'll look into it when I get home from the office. Thanks for your patience kind ladies/gents!

EDIT: @AccidentalDisassembly @jackalope50 Looks like something went horribly wrong when I tried to clean the .DS_Store and Icon files from the mac compressed folder. Not sure why there were duplicates though. I corrected this and updated all repos. Please let me know if the problem persits, and special thanks to @AccidentalDisassembly and @jackalope50 for helping me catch this!

Edited by Bonus Eventus

That's just something that spacedock and kerbalstuff both automatically do when the game is updated, since they rely on moders to set the compatibility manually when they upload their files. I think I'll just have to reupload it tomorrow. 

Edit: Turns out there's a auto update function I hadn't noticed.

Edited by Bonus Eventus

@Bonus Eventus

I`ve installed your awesome partmod and it is very well done! Do you consider adding a halfsize S6 tank? Because the S6 is enormous and it would fit very well, and... launching your parts allways kills the launchpad, allways lotsa flames and debris.. Is this intended? :D I made a pic:

pnrd2Lw.png

Repairing the launchpad occasionly is indeed a viable method to get rid of those nasty funds in endgame... omg :D.
Your structural parts look excellent, my Kerbals like them alot!

Edited by Mikki

On 5/5/2016 at 9:22 PM, sparkybear said:

Does this integrate with Community Tech Tree or does it use the Stock Tech nodes?

It integrates with Stock Tech nodes (They're in the end)

• 2 weeks later...

I see one error in the log:

Load(Model): kerbodynePlus/Parts/Fuel/behemothTank

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

File error:
Tag: IconHidden is not defined.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.GameObject:set_tag (string)

at PartReader.ReadTagAndLayer (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at PartReader.Read (.UrlFile file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Model load error in 'C:\Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2\GameData\kerbodynePlus\Parts\Fuel\behemothTank.mu'

I'm guessing that squad has changed something in a recent update regarding the IconHidden tag. This has to do with the flag object, this tag is used to hide objects from appearing in the part's thumbnail image. The part should still load.

1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

@Bonus Eventus I JUST learned how to use that tag, myself, over the last couple days... You might try using Icon_Hidden, instead of IconHidden... Thats what I got to work...

Thanks! This must have been an old bug because I just checked my unity tags and the tag is set to Icon_Hidden. @Kolago what version of K+ are you using and do you remember what repo you downloaded from? and btw @Kolago thanks for taking the time to report the bug!

4 hours ago, Bonus Eventus said:

Thanks! This must have been an old bug because I just checked my unity tags and the tag is set to Icon_Hidden. @Kolago what version of K+ are you using and do you remember what repo you downloaded from? and btw @Kolago thanks for taking the time to report the bug!

I use "Kerbodyne_Plus-1.0752" from SpaceDock or GitHub, can't remember but in the ZIP is a ".git" folder.

Edited by Kolago

In Omnijoint.cfg, omnijoint2.cfg and omnijoint3.cfg, there's a line with 

allowSrfAttach,allowCollision

right before the last one. It's the last two items of the attachRules list and somehow found its way there, just a bit of code cleanup :wink:
Great mod btw

• 3 weeks later...

@Bonus Eventus - still loving this parts pack, and looking forward to "Mother"'s release!  Put this refueling depot together today:

oGjcuBi.png

42,600 LF / 51,500 O - it's sitting in a 131km LKO over the equator to refuel my upcoming Duna mission after launch. (and the Munbase I'm going to build once I rescue Jeb and Bill from Munar orbit)  Of course, a fueling station this large needs a... ahem, LARGE booster.  So, I give you the Atlas Mk I:

cWwJmuU.png

8x the LFO of the station in order to loft it into orbit, but hey.  Believe it or not, I managed to build it without extending the VAB - it was tricky.

The K+ parts are my favorite 5m+ parts - I don't use other large launchers.

Edited by panarchist
spelling error

• 3 weeks later...

Hello :)

I have installed this mod for quite a while now, because I think it looks absolutely great - however I only really tried to use it until now - and after countless attempts I just cannot figure out how to "fill" the large truss structures with something. There seems to be no attachment nodes inside that one could use, and there also seems to be no "end piece" that offers attachment points for the inside so you, for example, could build 2.5m stacks inside the trusses. Of course I might be overlooking a part (I really have too much stuff :).

Any hints for this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

Maybe if you could make a structural end / or even also separator that has two sides and could go between two T404 trusses, that has some inline attachment points like this - I managed to simulate it a bit with a spacey thrust plate - of course its not spaced out properly inside the truss:

U9jeYcZ.jpg

JBaG7dh.jpg

HffY6Et.jpg

vgqjFC9.jpg

Edited by DaniDE

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Surprised no one has asked yet, but has anyone tested this with 1.2? Or is there a dev build that works? Not being a modder, I imagine a few parts would need to be updated like adding the Kerbnet stuff to the command pod and maybe tweaking something with the landing legs?

4 hours ago, Stratickus said:

Surprised no one has asked yet, but has anyone tested this with 1.2? Or is there a dev build that works? Not being a modder, I imagine a few parts would need to be updated like adding the Kerbnet stuff to the command pod and maybe tweaking something with the landing legs?

and some stuff to the ion engine, plus some categories here and there. Plus the rcs upgrade. Maybe a new coat of paint and one of those little scented pine trees to hang on the rear view mirror too.:D

Overall, nothing too major. It should not not work currently, but it's not fully 1.2 compliant. The biggest issue would be the probe core lacking the internal transmitters.

I know Bonus is busy with Mother(hood) so maybe I'll poke at the configs and see about rolling out a couple patches. Might be a couple days though.:wink:

@Bonus Eventus

I updated the mod to 1.2 - I specifically did not do any balancing, as you are still active and I thought it would be presumptuous. I did, however, fix a few bugs, in addition to adding in the new 1.2 content (which may also have been presumptuous, but it was there:P). None of them were terribly big (typos, wrong bulkheadsizes, etc); only one that might qualify of one of interest is the landing gear one. I believe putting ModuleAnimateGeneric first screws up all the subsequent moduleIndex's so I corrected it with a patch (deleted the module and reinserted it at the end). It's literally the one thing I didn't test (as I just discovered it), but it stands to reason, and it can't hurt any.

See the changelog below for a exhaustive list of changes. In short: Command Modules got all the new things (both of your's are technically probes, so they both did); RCS module got an upgrade to RCSFX and now has sound (although you may want to change it since MonoProp soundFX for a LFO RCS thruster might be weird); Landing gear now has sound; Lights are all hooked into the action group Light; categories updated; tags updated... and that's the broad brush strokes.

And I know you mention (repeatedly) that fuelCrossFeed and stackSymmetry don't mix (and I didn't change anything, don't worry)...but I found that they do mix in stock (e.g. TVR-200L Stack Bi-Adapter). It might be new, having to do with the recent fuel system changes, no idea. Food for thought.

Note: there are a number of extraneous "allowSrfAttach, allowCollision" free floating in quite a few configs. See ToDo.txt for a full list for further changes that need to be made (if you so choose).

Also: In the download I got off GitHub, there were duplicate directories (a full Parts folder inside another Parts folder).

I tested everything, and everything works.

For everyone else: these are just a set of patches. You'll need to grab the full download from the OP.

Cheers.

Credit All credit for KerbodynePlus belongs to @Bonus Eventus. Credit for these patches, if it matters, belongs to @Deimos Rast. They can be considered public domain ('cuz I can't find the KP license at the moment, and I don't care that much). Bonus Eventus is of course free to use these patches or their contents as he so chooses. Or not. That's cool too.:)

Changelog here.

Download here.

Edited by Deimos Rast

2 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

@Bonus Eventus

I updated the mod to 1.2 - I specifically did not do any balancing, as you are still active and I thought it would be presumptuous. I did, however, fix a few bugs, in addition to adding in the new 1.2 content (which may also have been presumptuous, but it was there:P). None of them were terribly big (typos, wrong bulkheadsizes, etc); only one that might qualify of one of interest is the landing gear one. I believe putting ModuleAnimateGeneric first screws up all the subsequent moduleIndex's so I corrected it with a patch (deleted the module and reinserted it at the end). It's literally the one thing I didn't test (as I just discovered it), but it stands to reason, and it can't hurt any.

See the changelog below for a exhaustive list of changes. In short: Command Modules got all the new things (both of your's are technically probes, so they both did); RCS module got an upgrade to RCSFX and now has sound (although you may want to change it since MonoProp soundFX for a LFO RCS thruster might be weird); Landing gear now has sound; Lights are all hooked into the action group Light; categories updated; tags updated... and that's the broad brush strokes.

And I know you mention (repeatedly) that fuelCrossFeed and stackSymmetry don't mix (and I didn't change anything, don't worry)...but I found that they do mix in stock (e.g. TVR-200L Stack Bi-Adapter). It might be new, having to do with the recent fuel system changes, no idea. Food for thought.

Note: there are a number of extraneous "allowSrfAttach, allowCollision" free floating in quite a few configs. See ToDo.txt for a full list for further changes that need to be made (if you so choose).

Also: In the download I got off GitHub, there were duplicate directories (a full Parts folder inside another Parts folder).

I tested everything, and everything works.

For everyone else: these are just a set of patches. You'll need to grab the full download from the OP.

Cheers.

Credit All credit for KerbodynePlus belongs to @Bonus Eventus. Credit for these patches, if it matters, belongs to @Deimos Rast. They can be considered public domain ('cuz I can't find the KP license at the moment, and I don't care that much). Bonus Eventus is of course free to use these patches or their contents as he so chooses. Or not. That's cool too.:)

Changelog here.

Download here.

thanks for all your work Deimos. Feel free to do as you please :) I could use the help

53 minutes ago, Bonus Eventus said:

thanks for all your work Deimos. Feel free to do as you please :) I could use the help

I hear you.

Nothing major jumps out at me now, but I'm tempted to figure out a way to mathematically balance the tank mass and/cost (a la SMURF). I don't doubt that you crunched the numbers, but I feel like some type of MM patch that automagically calculates things wouldn't be amiss. Out of curiosity, how did you come up with the costs for the fuel tanks and such? I saw some notes in a few configs.

A few things I'm looking at, off the top of my head:

• The battery beats out the stock equivalent Z-4k in the cost department for the same ElectricCharge.
  • The fission reactor is currently an over grown fuel cell (albeit with coreheat). Nertea has some really cool fission reactor stuff in NearFutureElectrical - shouldn't be too hard to make a patch (I'll probably try on my own and if it's decent I'll share it)
  • Would you be opposed to RealPlume for the Behemoth engine? The RealPlume-Stock mod guy (Nhawks17) does pretty damn good work. Don't get me wrong, blasting off with the Behe's currently is pretty sweet - just more eye candy never hurt.:cool:
  • I'm eyeing the ELF engine. Considering its' size, I think it should probably cost more ElectricCharge, but I don't have a good number as of yet.
  • Could probably make up the standard CLS, KeepFit, and LifeSupport (at least TACLS) patches as well. Really only applies to the crew module, although the docking ports could use CLS support.

All I have at the moment. Off to eat more candy.:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.