[1.9-1.10] Configurable Containers

allista

I've noticed some of the tanks can be configured to carry Plutonium-238 from MKS, which is pointless, as Pu-238 has no uses at all apart from the Ranger-brand RTG, and can't be transferred in/out of any container or part anyway. Could this be removed from the list as a redundant resource (will PR if needed as its just deleting a couple of words)?

13 hours ago, voicey99 said:

I've noticed some of the tanks can be configured to carry Plutonium-238 from MKS, which is pointless, as Pu-238 has no uses at all apart from the Ranger-brand RTG, and can't be transferred in/out of any container or part anyway. Could this be removed from the list as a redundant resource (will PR if needed as its just deleting a couple of words)?

@RoverDude, what say you?

@allista Hey Man, great mod to get some order into chaos :D

2 questions i have:

1. Any news about the "KIS Container from Volume" - you said some posts back "i'll look into it" - do you have any idea if this is at all possible ?

2. Is there a way to update TankTypes.cfg via ModuleManager (a patch for a patch?) - i have crunched the numbers for resource amounts for Kerbalism but i have the now in TankTypes.cfg - is it possible at all to add it via MM or do you prefer i just paste you the relevant config parts here ?

3 hours ago, Jasseji said:

@allista Hey Man, great mod to get some order into chaos :D

2 questions i have:

1. Any news about the "KIS Container from Volume" - you said some posts back "i'll look into it" - do you have any idea if this is at all possible ?

2. Is there a way to update TankTypes.cfg via ModuleManager (a patch for a patch?) - i have crunched the numbers for resource amounts for Kerbalism but i have the now in TankTypes.cfg - is it possible at all to add it via MM or do you prefer i just paste you the relevant config parts here ?

1. It is possible, for example, via dynamic addition of the KISInventory module; the main problem is that current architecture of CC deals exclusively with part resources, so a major reimplementation of the core code is required to incorporate other volume uses.

2. Absolutely. As you can see, the TankTypes.cfg itself has a set of MM patches that allow dynamic tank type configuration depending on the installed mods. So just use :AFTER[ConfigurableContainers] directive. Or you can indeed donate your configuration and I will include it into the mod. Thus it will be available to everyone :)

ok i will post them later when i'm back home

btw, where did you get the Hydrogen Definition of 200u/L from?

I am talking about this section:

@TANKTYPE[Gases]:NEEDS[WarpPlugin]
{ @PossibleResources ^= :$: Hydrogen 200; Helium4 200;: } //cfd; same pressure as Xenon

From CRP density i get 11123 u/L

CRP CommonResources.cfg:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
	name = Hydrogen
	density = 0.00000008990
	unitCost = 0.000055836
	flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
	transfer = PUMP
	isTweakable = true
   	isVisible = true
	volume = 1
    ksparpicon = TriggerTech/KSPAlternateResourcePanel/Icons/Hydrogen
}

1m3 divided by 0.00000008990, divided by 1000 gives 11123

Edited by Jasseji

1 hour ago, Jasseji said:

ok i will post them later when i'm back home

btw, where did you get the Hydrogen Definition of 200u/L from?

I am talking about this section:

@TANKTYPE[Gases]:NEEDS[WarpPlugin]
{ @PossibleResources ^= :$: Hydrogen 200; Helium4 200;: } //cfd; same pressure as Xenon

From CRP density i get 11123 u/L

CRP CommonResources.cfg:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
	name = Hydrogen
	density = 0.00000008990
	unitCost = 0.000055836
	flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
	transfer = PUMP
	isTweakable = true
   	isVisible = true
	volume = 1
    ksparpicon = TriggerTech/KSPAlternateResourcePanel/Icons/Hydrogen
}

1m divided by 0.00000008990, divided by 1000 gives 11123

Err... you're mixing dimensions here. Density is in t/u, so dividing 1m3 by it gives you m3*u/t, which is not u/L.

The calculation is as follows: let's say we have a tank with H2 under 200atm pressure. How dense it is? From the ideal gas law it would be 200 times the density of the 1atm H2 which is 0.08988g/L (at 0C), so 200*0.08988g/L or 200*0.00000008988t/L; now we divide this by the density in t/u from CRP: 200*0.00000008988t/L / 0.00000008990t/u ~= 200u/L.

42 minutes ago, allista said:

Err... you're mixing dimensions here. Density is in t/u, so dividing 1m3 by it gives you m3*u/t, which is not u/L.

The calculation is as follows: let's say we have a tank with H2 under 200atm pressure. How dense it is? From the ideal gas law it would be 200 times the density of the 1atm H2 which is 0.08988g/L (at 0C), so 200*0.08988g/L or 200*0.00000008988t/L; now we divide this by the density in t/u from CRP: 200*0.00000008988t/L / 0.00000008990t/u ~= 200u/L.

awwww Crap then :)

Need to recalculate all the stuff or get up with some arbitrary numbers for Kerbalism :P

Edit: Me stupid, me pleasa be forgiven... of course at 200atm all of the mentioned gases will be around 200u/L...

High School was 20 years ago :P

@westamastaflash we dont want to go into such details :P

Edited by Jasseji

Ok, so feel free to add those resources to work with Kerbalism:

@TANKTYPE[LiquidChemicals]:NEEDS[Kerbalism]
{ @PossibleResources ^= :$: Ammonia 1;: } //Ammonia Liquid for Greenhouses

@TANKTYPE[Gases]:NEEDS[Kerbalism]
{ @PossibleResources ^= :$: Oxygen 202; CarbonDioxide 200; Hydrogen 200; Nitrogen 199;: } 

And Add Kerbalism to those Profiles:

TANKTYPE:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport|Kerbalism]
{
	name = Waste
	UsefulVolumeRatio = 1
	TankCostPerSurface = 2 //pressurized
	PossibleResources = Waste 1.33; WasteWater 0.995; //1t/m3
}

TANKTYPE:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport|USILifeSupport|Kerbalism] //arb
{
	name = Food
	UsefulVolumeRatio = 0.95 //cargo needs additional fixation and compartmetalization
	AddMassPerVolume = 0.003
	PossibleResources = 
}

@TANKTYPE[Food]:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport|Kerbalism]
{ @PossibleResources ^= :$: Food 0.8;: }
@TANKTYPE[Food]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
{ @PossibleResources ^= :$: Supplies 0.8;: }
@TANKTYPE[Food]:NEEDS[KolonyTools]
{ @PossibleResources ^= :$: ColonySupplies 0.8;: }

TANKTYPE:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport|KolonyTools|WarpPlugin|Kerbalism]
{
	name = Water
	UsefulVolumeRatio = 1
	PossibleResources = Water 1; //cfd
}

2 hours ago, westamastaflash said:

Don't forget that as pressure goes up, real gases diverge from ideal gases :-)

Yep. But considering that there's no notion of volume in the stock game, I feel it's a good enough approximation :wink:

23 hours ago, Jasseji said:

Any news about the "KIS Container from Volume" - you said some posts back "i'll look into it" - do you have any idea if this is at all possible ?

Tonight in a dream I've actually almost implemented the whole thing! :D

It's still not enough to just write down the code from the dream to get it working, but now I have the necessary architecture transformations.

Oh, I do love when my subconscious works for me :cool:

2 hours ago, allista said:

Tonight in a dream I've actually almost implemented the whole thing! :D

It's still not enough to just write down the code from the dream to get it working, but now I have the necessary architecture transformations.

Oh, I do love when my subconscious works for me :cool:

if ever you start writing code during sleep, make sure not to doze off on the backspace key :P

Edited by Jasseji

12 minutes ago, Jasseji said:

if ever you start writing code during sleep, make sure not to doze off on the backspace key :P

Fortunately, I do it all inside my mind. Backspace key is my cat's specialty, though :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

According to CKAN this mod is incompatible with KSP Interstellar, at it needs IFS and IFS Core.

Is it possible to make them compatible @FreeThinker  ?

Or add to IFS feature, that allows you add multiple resources of same type to single tank?

Just dont use CKAN :wink:

3 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

According to CKAN this mod is incompatible with KSP Interstellar, at it needs IFS and IFS Core.

Is it possible to make them compatible @FreeThinker  ?

Or add to IFS feature, that allows you add multiple resources of same type to single tank?

I believe I taken all steps to prevent any conflict. Not sure why it is still marked as being incompatible unless  @allista did this intentional. You have to ask him what is the problem.

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, raxo2222 said:

Ah so its just false alarm here?

On a manual install i had both IFS and CC so at least manually installing them should be possible - dunno about the full functionality tho, at least CC was working fine

30 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I believe I takes all steps to prevent any conflict. Not sure why it is still marked as being incompatible unless  @allista did this intentional. You have to ask him what is the problem.

It was already mentioned, that its CKANs fault for marking IFS and CC as incompatible with each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok, I know this will be considered a cheat by many, but I have found too many tanks I would like to use that just do not support the tank manager.   so I have made this patch to try to fix this problem.  will this patch indeed just convert all of the more limited "Tank Switcher" modules to the more advanced "Tank Manager" modules and leave their volume the same? 

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleSwitchableTank]]:FOR[ConfigurableContainers]
{
    MODULE
    {
       name = ModuleTankManager
       Volume = #$../MODULE[ModuleSwitchableTank]/Volume$
       DoCostPatch = True
       DoMassPatch = True
 }
 !MODULE[ModuleSwitchableTank]{}
}

EDIT: just realized I pasted the patch from my brainstorm document not the final patch file in my game directory.  I have changed the patch listed above to the version I have in my game directory.  but the question still stands...  is this going to cause any problems?  or is it simply switching the tank manager to the more advanced version, and everything should continue to work fine?

@allista  Also can you look at supporting B9 procedural wings?

Edited by Bit Fiddler

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.